• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Contest

What a great way to enjoy my morning coffee, I will think of a word and get back to you guys later.

Poseur:

A poseur is a person who adopts the dress, speech, and/or mannerisms of a particular group or subculture in order to impress others.

Bloody ox of a thimble-brained man: Combination of lots of insults (essentially, a big man with a small brain); one of many ways to call someone an idiot.

Bilge stone: Seafolk insult, referring to the waste on board a ship.

Asshat- Asshat is a slightly trendier and less severe variation of asshole, graphically describing someone who has his "head up his own ass" (i.e., not knowing what's going on), or a variation of "butthead". In the former sense, it is suggested that one is wearing one's ass for a hat, or alternately, a hat for one's ass. A more modern usage of asshat describes a person doing something stupid, and can apply to anyone: "The boss is up to asshattery because he broke the computer even though he knew he was doing the wrong thing."

For Seadub's contest, what about just taking the 'B' from BOTL.

Brother a male numbered among the same kinship group, nationality, race, profession, etc., as another; an associate; a fellow member, fellow countryman, fellow man, etc.: a fraternity brother.

In my short time here, I've seen guys go out of their way for each other. I don't know how long or how personally some of you know each other, but with a lot of what I've seen, I don't think it's necessary to qualify it by adding on "of the leaf."

Defetis is an anagram of defesit. It is flawed because the word should be spelled deficit, as in "intellectual deficit".

Brad's contest:
Simian
Pronunciation: 'si-mE-&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin simia ape, from simus snub-nosed, from Greek simos
: of, relating to, or resembling monkeys or apes

Chris' contest:
Honorable

For the record, I have nothing against stupid people. Some of my closest friends are stupid. I even like stupid food.

Some great words in this thread.

For Brad's contest:
Inerudite
\In*er"u*dite\, a. [L. ineruditus. See In- not, and Erudite.] Not erudite; unlearned; ignorant.

For Chris's contest: I cannot think of a better word to describe a true BOTL, then some that have already been stated.

Here is word that i thought would also be fitting for many of us here.
Convivialist
Con`viv´i`al`ist
n.1. A person of convivial habits.

Just for reference
convivial
–adjective
1. friendly; agreeable
2. fond of feasting, drinking, and merry company; jovial.
3. of or befitting a feast; festive.​

Sorry Smoky, I'd rather not waste my time focusing on that ... although your cigars are quite compelling.

And I'll throw out a side contest to the person who gives the best word to describe a true BOTL. The winner will get a premium 5er.
Lodestar
lode·star also load·star (lōd'stär') n.
1. guiding star; a star that is used as a reference point in navigation or astronomy
2. something that serves as a model or guide

WordNet - Cite This Source idiot

noun
a person of subnormal intelligence

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

I came to this community to learn, to see what BOTL is all about. Everyone makes mistakes, maybe even more than one. But we all have one thing in common and thats the love of cigars. Hopefully one day that will mean more than mistakes made in the past.

Joel-

You have exhibited behavior that tells us that you aren't here for the same reasons as the rest of us. Have you taken two minutes to look at Chris' contest?

Have you lived up any of the descriptions of TRUE BOTL as mentioned in this thread?

Look, I made mistakes here when I first arrived (I will note that none of them included not paying bets or making racist comments). I took the advice of the many BOTLs here and managed to find my way out of the rocky situation that I got myself into.

I suggest you take the advice that has been given to you...repeatedly.

I can't think of a better word that fits defetis.

defenestration

One entry found for defenestration.
Main Entry: de·fen·es·tra·tion
Function: noun
Etymology: de- + Latin fenestra window
1 : a throwing of a person or thing out of a window
2 : a usually swift dismissal or expulsion (as from a political party or office)

Oh, now don't let this die. I got a few really great cigars that I want to send to someone really creative! :thumbs:

I must have missed the origin of this contest but have read enough to figure it out.

puerile - –adjective 1. of or pertaining to a child or to childhood.
2. childishly foolish; immature or trivial
3. Belonging to childhood; juvenile.
4. Immature; childish

Sounds like this fits.

mis·fit /mɪsˈfɪt for 1; mɪsˈfɪt, ˈmɪsˌfɪt for 2; ˈmɪsˌfɪt for 3/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mis-fit for 1; mis-fit, mis-fit for 2; mis-fit for 3] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -fit·ted, -fit·ting, noun
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object) 1. to fit badly.
–noun 2. something that fits badly, as a garment that is too large or too small.
3. a person who is not suited or is unable to adjust to the circumstances of his or her particular situation: a misfit in one's job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1815–25; mis-1 + fit1]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source mis·fit (mĭs'fĭt', mĭs-fĭt') Pronunciation Key
n.
Something of the wrong size or shape for its purpose.
One who is unable to adjust to one's environment or circumstances or is considered to be disturbingly different from others.

A simple, yet perhaps, an apt description.

Only two members have given me much appreciated advice on how to get out of the rocky situation. I will take their advice. Just to make clear for everyone. I have paid off all of the so called debts, made the neccessary apology to everyone I offended, tried to make good with Brad, never took a stab at the Outlaw, I just never realized how outrageous some cigar price mark ups really are. Anything I really can do to get out of the shit house would be very appreciated and helpful. Thank you

Sorry Smoky, I'd rather not waste my time focusing on that ... although your cigars are quite compelling.

And I'll throw out a side contest to the person who gives the best word to describe a true BOTL. The winner will get a premium 5er.
Lodestar
lode·star also load·star (lōd'stär') n.
1. guiding star; a star that is used as a reference point in navigation or astronomy
2. something that serves as a model or guide

I like that word lodestar so I pulled out my wife's 20+ volume Oxford (she takes her English seriously) to see how it was used. If I read it correctly, it was first used by Chaucer in "The Knight's Tale" circa 1386 with the meaning of a star to show the way. He used it earlier circa 1374 to mean a guiding star that on which one's attention or hopes are fixed. There he spelled it "loode sterre"; old English. A nice word. :cool:

Only two members have given me much appreciated advice on how to get out of the rocky situation. I will take their advice. Just to make clear for everyone. I have paid off all of the so called debts, made the neccessary apology to everyone I offended, tried to make good with Brad, never took a stab at the Outlaw, I just never realized how outrageous some cigar price mark ups really are. Anything I really can do to get out of the shit house would be very appreciated and helpful. Thank you

I think you f'ed to much. I think you should lay off for a while, maby come back in a few years :blush:

N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

To quote, "done".

For Chris brother

A fellow member, as of a fraternity, trade union, or panel of judges on a court.

And it counts for SOTL too.