• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Rush release

Lopaka

That flyer guy!
I know there are more then just a few Rush fans here.

The new CD called Snakes and Arrows will be released May 1st!!!

For a small sample from "Far Cry" click here

Enjoy!!

Lopaka

I could listen to Neil Peart play those drums all day. One of the best ever IMO.

OHH I have been waiting for this since the release of Vapor Trails!!!

Cant wait to see what direction the boys take this time, I'm sure I will love it and radio will not play it :D

Wow, that is awesome. Here's hoping for another tour so I can finally see them live.

Word on the street is that they will be touring this summer following the release of this new album.

Word on the street is that they will be touring this summer following the release of this new album.

Just saw that.

Hopefully they don't forget about us Western Canadians like last time.

Just finished smoking a RASS while listening to them and reading a book.

I have been following this for a while now. At one point there were a few dates released for the tour, but those were pulled from 2112.net real fast. Only one I remember was Tampa on June 16th. Also heard that the official tour dates will be released on march 12, but that is only a rumor. I can't wait, they have been my all time favorite band since '79/80. First saw them in '81 and several times since, and saw them twice on the 30th anniversary tour in '04. They put on one hell of a good show, three plus hours of kick ass music with great energy. These guys are the best IMO. :thumbs:

Robby

My favorite band, can't wait for the new CD and summer tour to follow. If you haven't seen this band live, it is one hell of a three hour show.

OHH I have been waiting for this since the release of Vapor Trails!!!

I saw this tour when it hit Pittsburgh in 2002. It was hands down the BEST concert I have ever been to. They are truly incredible.

Thanks for the update. Look foward to seeing what it sounds like. :thumbs:

I hope this album is better than Vapor Trails. Something about that lp didn't click for me like the others have. I loved Feedback and hope they have found renewed inspiration. From what I've heard they will be playing at Darien Lake (near Buffalo NY0 on my birthday (July 4th).

Greatest birthday gift I can think of!
Darren

Listening to one of my favs from Rush now..

'As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky,
the three travelers, men of Willowdale,
emerge from the forest shadow.
Fording the River Dawn, they turn south, journeying
into the dark and forbidding lands of the Necromancer
Even now the intensity of his dread power can be felt,
weakening the body and saddening the heart
Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres...
stripped of will and soul, only
their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for vengeance...'

Saw them during the 30 Anniversary tour...AWESOME show. I can't wait to see them again this year!

If anyone is interested, here is a 58 second clip of the single being played tomorrow..."Far Cry"

Linky

according to some sites around the net, they will be touring this summer...for theose of you in Mass. June 27th at the Tweeter! can't wait for the show, saw them for the R30 tour.

Full version is now up at www.rush.com. Tour dates are apparently coming soon as well.

Soooo, has anyone gotten the new CD yet??

I can't stop listening to it. I love Far Cry and Armor and Sword. Plus Hope is a sweet instrumental by Alex.

Wondering what you all think.

Lopaka

Great CD!
The Main Monkey Business, Malignant Narcissism, We Hold On, are my favs so far......
Cool thing is they will be here in Aug. Its going to be great to see them again live!

Great CD, one of the best releases since Moving Pictures IMO. The Main Monkey Business kicks ass, as does We Hold On and Workin' Them Angles.

Scott I'm with you I can't wait to see them again, June 16 can't get here fast enough.

Picked up the new disc yesterday and have been listening to it constantly since. Great tracks.

Now I am hoping that I can swing time off to make it to the show in Calgary.

I have had the disk for a week and it reminds of the older years...hard music and great lyrics...got my tickets for the tour this summer (6/27) at the Tweeter center, one of the tours to see if you can catch it. This will be my 6th time seeing them, and I look forwad to it.