• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tatuaje? Anarchy?

You obviously don't get it and you never will. I'm not going to waste my time explaining how fake brotherhood saved me. You aren't worth my story. Keep sucking Pete's dick, you will get a mouth full of what you deserve!

Now, this is worthy of a sig tag!

tmoney when Fuente puts out dogshit LE cigars they will get trolled for it too., just look at the King B response It just tends to happen more on CF which has more focus on AF business than this board. I was ignoring this thread and then I started remembering some discussion a while back about good business practices etc. when all that business went down with the box varnish etc. Found our conversation here.

I don't have any PJ hate, dude has been very cool in my interactions with him. However, after the botched spooky ghost tickets or whatever and the tainted varnish coffins you would think the guy might decide to spend some time fixing the existing problems before moving on to the next thing. What still strikes me is that when Pete had an issue with Al here he showed up immediately and went back and forth for days, but when questions were asked about the QA on his product (and the monster drawing) he couldn't/wouldn't make the time to 'show up'. I know he has a problem with CP because he feels he was treated unfairly in the puffstuff encounter but that really isn't my problem. Purely from a business perspective and knowing the role online forums played in the growth/cult of Tatuaje, I would expect him to get over his grudges and do people the courtesy of a response when things go wrong. That is just my two cents but frankly I think his distancing himself from this board and accountability at large has a lot to do with what you perceive as the hate. On the flip side I understand why he might just say screw it and not want to be involved with the boards at all, given that no matter what he says or does online he will always be wrong to SOMEONE. That is a fair decision but it has consequences and one of those consequences is going to be a diminishing in brand loyalty from former tat enthusiasts.

My question to you is why are you so heavy on the tatuaje bandwagon? You defend the brand more voraciously than pretty much anyone I have ever seen defend a cigar line. Looking over your past posts I see a lot of instances of this and it leaves me wondering just what your deal is. You don't have a problem with the brotherhood here, you have a problem with people saying things that are in opposition to your stance and not being silenced.

tmoney when Fuente puts out dogshit LE cigars they will get trolled for it too., just look at the King B response It just tends to happen more on CF which has more focus on AF business than this board. I was ignoring this thread and then I started remembering some discussion a while back about good business practices etc. when all that business went down with the box varnish etc. Found our conversation here.

I don't have any PJ hate, dude has been very cool in my interactions with him. However, after the botched spooky ghost tickets or whatever and the tainted varnish coffins you would think the guy might decide to spend some time fixing the existing problems before moving on to the next thing. What still strikes me is that when Pete had an issue with Al here he showed up immediately and went back and forth for days, but when questions were asked about the QA on his product (and the monster drawing) he couldn't/wouldn't make the time to 'show up'. I know he has a problem with CP because he feels he was treated unfairly in the puffstuff encounter but that really isn't my problem. Purely from a business perspective and knowing the role online forums played in the growth/cult of Tatuaje, I would expect him to get over his grudges and do people the courtesy of a response when things go wrong. That is just my two cents but frankly I think his distancing himself from this board and accountability at large has a lot to do with what you perceive as the hate. On the flip side I understand why he might just say screw it and not want to be involved with the boards at all, given that no matter what he says or does online he will always be wrong to SOMEONE. That is a fair decision but it has consequences and one of those consequences is going to be a diminishing in brand loyalty from former tat enthusiasts.

My question to you is why are you so heavy on the tatuaje bandwagon? You defend the brand more voraciously than pretty much anyone I have ever seen defend a cigar line. Looking over your past posts I see a lot of instances of this and it leaves me wondering just what your deal is. You don't have a problem with the brotherhood here, you have a problem with people saying things that are in opposition to your stance and not being silenced.

It's pretty apparent at least to me that Pete just avoids CP. He posts very regularly on BOTL where they worship him like a golden god and find him infallible. It just so happens that Tmoney is very active on that forum as well. I hope that helps clear up where his blind dedication to all things Tatuaje comes from.

On the flip side why are some of you so quick to jump on a Tatuaje thread and beat down anyone who suggests that they like the brand? There are at least 10 people that show up in every Tatuaje thread bashing away and when someone defends the brand they are the one who is the ahole. Yes they have had QC issues lately but it happens to the best of them. I remember when Anjeo Sharks were molding up like a mofo a few years ago and no one blasted Carlito saying he was an idiot for putting out such a crappy product. I also don't remember Carlito coming on here and apologizing to everyone for it like everyone seems to think Pete should do.

I've stopped defending Tatuaje because honestly it's not my company and I have no link to them besides being a fan of their cigars so why waste my time trying to convince someone else? I like their cigars and will continue to smoke them.

I remember when Anjeo Sharks were molding up like a mofo a few years ago and no one blasted Carlito saying he was an idiot for putting out such a crappy product. I also don't remember Carlito coming on here and apologizing to everyone for it like everyone seems to think Pete should do.

I've stopped defending Tatuaje because honestly it's not my company and I have no link to them besides being a fan of their cigars so why waste my time trying to convince someone else? I like their cigars and will continue to smoke them.

I remember plenty of people blasting the Fuentes for putting out a crappy product. And no one called for Carlito to come here and apologize because he doesn't have an account here. Pete, on the other hand, does.

I remember when Anjeo Sharks were molding up like a mofo a few years ago and no one blasted Carlito saying he was an idiot for putting out such a crappy product. I also don't remember Carlito coming on here and apologizing to everyone for it like everyone seems to think Pete should do.

There was a difference in the two tails.

Pete's was just a crappy product(ill timed distribution) and Fuente had a shipment problem(delayed) at least that's what I understand.

I believe BOTH issues were addressed on CF.

On the flip side why are some of you so quick to jump on a Tatuaje thread and beat down anyone who suggests that they like the brand? There are at least 10 people that show up in every Tatuaje thread bashing away and when someone defends the brand they are the one who is the ahole. Yes they have had QC issues lately but it happens to the best of them. I remember when Anjeo Sharks were molding up like a mofo a few years ago and no one blasted Carlito saying he was an idiot for putting out such a crappy product. I also don't remember Carlito coming on here and apologizing to everyone for it like everyone seems to think Pete should do.

Most of us really like them as well I don't think that is the point being made here. No one beats on people for liking the Tatuaje brand, that is a quite a stretch. People do get beat on though when they act like this is BOTL and think Pete is about questioning. People question Carlito, and any other cigar maker when they put out a questionable/shitty product.

Edit to add I don't think all his stuff is shitty. The vast majority I enjoy but some of the things that come out are purely for the hype and profit of it all. Or so it seems.

Greg as has been said, Carlito did address the issue on CF. Pete, AFAIK, despite posting on CF and CP a number of times has addressed his issues at neither site. As to your other point, I don't think I jump into every tat thread although maybe others do. I still smoke tats and don't have a problem buying them, I just disagree with some of the business tactics that have been used on a personal level. I don't think I have ever said Pete was putting out purely junky product because I definitely don't believe that to be the case. I think most will agree, however, that dismissing the varnish issue as being not worth discussing/explaining is fairly shortsighted and disappointing behavior from a guy that used to answer our questions and care about the opinions of his customers. The reason I replied here isn't as much about Pete's product as my confusion over tmoney's banner toting. It seems bizarre to me and the whole 'fall on the sword' dialogue above is pretty lame.

Greg as has been said, Carlito did address the issue on CF. Pete, AFAIK, despite posting on CF and CP a number of times has addressed his issues at neither site. As to your other point, I don't think I jump into every tat thread although maybe others do. I still smoke tats and don't have a problem buying them, I just disagree with some of the business tactics that have been used on a personal level. I don't think I have ever said Pete was putting out purely junky product because I definitely don't believe that to be the case. I think most will agree, however, that dismissing the varnish issue as being not worth discussing/explaining is fairly shortsighted and disappointing behavior from a guy that used to answer our questions and care about the opinions of his customers. The reason I replied here isn't as much about Pete's product as my confusion over tmoney's banner toting. It seems bizarre to me and the whole 'fall on the sword' dialogue above is pretty lame.

I didn't mean to single you out, Phil. I haven't seen you bash Pete or Tatuaje and it wasn't my intention to make it look like you did.

I do remember a post on tatuajecigars.com about the boxes but I can't find it right now due to their site being upgraded. I don't see how that is dismissing the issue...it's not like he said "oh well get over it".

Anyway like I said I agree that defending a cigar brand is a bit ridiculous just because you are fan. I also think constantly bashing on them because you don't agree with his marketing techniques or his business strategy is equally ridiculous. That's all I have to say on this issue.

I guess my only perk of living where I do, we just finished cleaning up after dinner and I jumped on the website and got a box of them. :)