• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL....it won't be long now!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Sad as it is that summer is waning, it means that football will soon be here. Let's hear some of your prognostications for the upcoming season.

Who will come down to Earth?
Cardinals......They were an underachieving team which was gifted a ticket to the playoffs and then got hot.
Colts.......Their goal of a seamless transition from Dungy to Caldwell couldn't be more disjointed.
Dolphins......A bit of a Cinderella story last year coupled with some tough competition this year could spell 6-10
Vikings......Favre will magically get over his sore arm just about the time training camp is over and do the same thing he did for the Jets

Who will rise from mediocrity?
Lions.....Although they have nowhere but up to go, I expect marked improvement.
Jets......A leader with a tough mentality (Ryan), and getting rid of the freak show (Favre) should help.
49'ers......You just gotta love Singletary!

Who will continue to wallow in their own adversity?
Browns.......Not much you can say.
Bengals.......World class under achievers with a gang leader for a head coach.
Raiders......Despite being in a weak division (except for SD) and high hopes based on talent, they still have Al.

*sigh*

I'm a Packer's fan in the post-Favre era. :blush:

But, I've cheered my chosen ones on through many a rough and desperate season before . . . will the team rally around Rogers? Will Brohm ever live up to the promise of his college highlight reel?

Will we at least destroy the Vikings and sack the living crap out of Favre while doing it? :laugh:

~Boar

After a great draft I am going with my hometown team the buffalo bills baby. I mean what's the worst that can happen us missing the playoffs AGAIN.

There is a lot to you could say... Not much of it good.

How bout Bernie going bankrupt, remedial driving classes, quarterback carousel...

And people wonder why Browns fans drink so much!!!

Seahawks baby!!!

Jim

That's the other team the Packers HAVE to beat for me to feel good about our season.

I've never quite forgiven Holmgren, and in my gut, am convinced Favre never would've turned into such an asstarded prima donna in the twilight of his career if he'd still been under his tutelage. ;)

~Boar

Keep an eye out for my Saints this year. I may be overly optimistic, but I think we're going to have a decent team this year. Our main problem last year was defense and we've hired a new DC along with some new talent in the secondary. Hopefully, they will be able to get the job done. They can't be any worse on defense than last year.

Keep an eye out for my Saints this year. I may be overly optimistic, but I think we're going to have a decent team this year. Our main problem last year was defense and we've hired a new DC along with some new talent in the secondary. Hopefully, they will be able to get the job done. They can't be any worse on defense than last year.

I keep hoping the Saints will really live up to their potential, but alas no such luck. 3 of my favorites are in the same division, the Saints, Bucs and Panthers (in that order). Can't wait for season to start.

Ken

Sad as it is that summer is waning, it means that football will soon be here. Let's hear some of your prognostications for the upcoming season.

Who will come down to Earth?
Cardinals......They were an underachieving team which was gifted a ticket to the playoffs and then got hot.
Colts.......Their goal of a seamless transition from Dungy to Caldwell couldn't be more disjointed.
Dolphins......A bit of a Cinderella story last year coupled with some tough competition this year could spell 6-10
Vikings......Favre will magically get over his sore arm just about the time training camp is over and do the same thing he did for the Jets

Who will rise from mediocrity?
Lions.....Although they have nowhere but up to go, I expect marked improvement.
Jets......A leader with a tough mentality (Ryan), and getting rid of the freak show (Favre) should help.
49'ers......You just gotta love Singletary!

Bengals.......World class under achievers with a gang leader for a head coach.
Raiders......Despite being in a weak division (except for SD) and high hopes based on talent, they still have Al.

Let's hear who you think will fit the three categories.........

who will fall down to earth...houston. they barley missed the playoffs last year, but i think they miss again, which wil be a huge dissapointment. even the best reciever in the game needs someone to run the ball from time to time.

who will rise from mediocraty...the falcons. although they exceded all expectaions last year, they might just be super bowl bound this year. anytime you have 3 of the top players in their respective positions (gonzales, white and turner) and add that with one of the fasting rising qb's, thats a pretty good place to be. nnd how can anyone root againts atlanta?

who will remain status quo...dallas. and if they have the same record as last year, it wil be a miracle. games are won with touchdowns and sacks so they decided to get rid of their leading td reciever and their 2nd leading sacker. oh well, at least ill enjoy going to a brand new stadium this year.

Let's go Buffalo!

T.O. leads the Bills to the playoffs! :whistling:

This isn't the CFL... Bills finish in last place in the east as T.O. ruins that team :D

The Fish prediction for the AFC East
Jets 10-6 (Defense gets better and they discover how to play a run first Offense)
Patriots 9-7 (Brady goes down in week 4 against the Ravens, the cracking of his knee is heard for miles)
Miami 7-9 (The running game only gets them so far but sloppy play keeps them third)
Bills 4-12 (T.O. asks for a 1 Jillion dollar contract extension and for the team to be renamed the T.O.'s)

Go Jets!

Fish

Edited for grammar.