• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not Your Everyday Cigar Pass

I was going by price I had paid for the HdM EL Piramide which was 18 bucks last year vs $22 I paid for the Esplendido. I apologize for not factoring rarity into the equation.

If this is not good with Andy my proposed P/T is...

Take #42 H.Upmann Mag 50 EL 2005
Put RyJ Hermosa no 2 EL 2004

Take #40 Monte D EL Put Cohiba Esplendido

-Rob
Gonz asked us to assist in this, so, this is what I can figure. I don't have access to any of the historical prices, but have seen these in todays market for the following:

First trade:
H.Upmann EL 05 vs. RyJ EL 04
19.80 vs. 15.80 ... not sure if that one will fly.

Second trade:
Party D EL 01 vs. Cohiba Esplendido 95
16.45 vs. 25 ... should be just fine.

And the HdM EL 03 is about $23 for reference.

Hope this helps,
- C

I was going by price I had paid for the HdM EL Piramide which was 18 bucks last year vs $22 I paid for the Esplendido. I apologize for not factoring rarity into the equation.

If this is not good with Andy my proposed P/T is...

Take #42 H.Upmann Mag 50 EL 2005
Put RyJ Hermosa no 2 EL 2004

-Rob
Gonz asked us to assist in this, so, this is what I can figure. I don't have access to any of the historical prices, but have seen these in todays market for the following:

First trade:
H.Upmann EL 05 vs. RyJ EL 04
19.80 vs. 15.80 ... not sure if that one will fly.

Second trade:
Party D EL 01 vs. Cohiba Esplendido 95
16.45 vs. 25 ... should be just fine.

And the HdM EL 03 is about $23 for reference.

Hope this helps,
- C

I was eyeing that Partagas D EL too...
So revised P/Ts again :D .

Take Party D EL 01 Put Cohiba Esplendido 95
Put ESG
Put UTS

Once approved this will fly!

-Rob

My only comment is that the HDM is probably one of the most flavorful cigars out there. Unfortunately harder to find and when you do you pay a premium. This is a cigar I would smoke for a very special occasion :thumbs:

Maybe I missed it in a post - are we going by what we originally paid - original msrp - or by what the price is now?

My only comment is that the HDM is probably one of the most flavorful cigars out there. Unfortunately harder to find and when you do you pay a premium. This is a cigar I would smoke for a very special occasion :thumbs:

Indeed! :cool:

-Rob

Cohiba Esplendido 95
-Rob

Wow! A 1995 Esplendido.....I hate being picky in passes and if it were my pass your first puts/takes would be fine, but is their any proof of the age of this??? Just curious, as a '95 Esplendido is pretty hard to come by.

OK, I think we're all set now! Thanks everyone for the help on this!

Maybe I missed it in a post - are we going by what we originally paid - original msrp - or by what the price is now?
Well, to use an extreme example, what you paid for a cigar in 1950 is not what that cigar would be worth today (given condition, etc.). All the passes I have been in or read about reference what the cigar is worth today. I remember reading a pass where a member here put a Don Arturo Destino al Siglo "13" for a VSG round and all the participants were shocked. Back when these first came out, sure, they would be comparable in price. But today the Don Arturo Destino goes for around $120. Things to keep in mind that factor into the equation are rarity and age. Not realizing the rarity of the Esplendido, maybe it would be valued as worth more.

And I'm not trying to bash on Rob300c, question his intelligence, integrity or anything. I know when I have had my P's and T's questioned, sometimes I felt like people were calling my integrity out or something. I'm just trying to be helpful, and by no means is my say the final say.

I was eyeing that Partagas D EL too...
So revised P/Ts again :D .
Not seeing the cigar contents, I just went by what was on the first page of this pass. Number 40 is listed as:
40 Partagás Serie D No.1 EL 2004 (p:Ginseng)
Since there was a mixup on calling the HdM as an H.Upmann, I figured I would go by what was referenced on the first page.

:thumbs:

Cohiba Esplendido 95
-Rob

Wow! A 1995 Esplendido.....I hate being picky in passes and if it were my pass your first puts/takes would be fine, but is their any proof of the age of this??? Just curious, as a '95 Esplendido is pretty hard to come by.

Won't be too hard for me to find one! :whistling:

It will either be in my Humi by the end of the week - or in Josh's...and I know where his humi is...!!!

And I'm not trying to bash on Rob300c, question his intelligence, integrity or anything. I know when I have had my P's and T's questioned, sometimes I felt like people were calling my integrity out or something. I'm just trying to be helpful, and by no means is my say the final say.

No worries... thanks for answering my question.

First of all I like to apologize to all for having my head up my ass the past two days. So Cory you can definately insult my intelligence! It is justified here.
Matt, it is not a 95 Esplendido. It is an 2005. I was not trying to misrepresent the cigar. I typed it in and never proofread it! My bad.
I have and will take all suggestions in stride and hope to get the pass going today.
I can only blame myself for not knowing proper prices and mistyping. Hopefully this doesn't slow the pass down and there aren't any negative repercussions.
Anyways I am not worthy of a 95 Esplendido! Especially now...
So, I hope everything and everyone is cool.
And once again sorry for f#$k up.

So is the 2005 Esplendido for the PSD1 good still?

Thanks,
A very embarrassed,
Rob

Cohiba Esplendido 95
-Rob

Won't be too hard for me to find one! :whistling:
It will either be in my Humi by the end of the week - or in Josh's...and I know where his humi is...!!!

<edit :( >

No worries... thanks for answering my question.

First of all I like to apologize to all for having my head up my ass the past two days. So Cory you can definately insult my intelligence! It is justified here.
Matt, it is not a 95 Esplendido. It is an 2005. I was not trying to misrepresent the cigar. I typed it in and never proofread it! My bad.
I have and will take all suggestions in stride and hope to get the pass going today.
I can only blame myself for not knowing proper prices and mistyping. Hopefully this doesn't slow the pass down and there aren't any negative repercussions.

Thanks,
A very embarrassed,
Rob

The PSD1 is about $14-15 a stick so that's more than fine.

I have to say I'm really very impressed with the way Rob's P/T situation was handled. Very grown up, very professional. I'm proud to be a participant in this pass. Well done, everyone.

Wilkey

Thanks,
A very embarrassed,
Rob
No need for the embarrassment Rob! You're doing fine. You're stand up in admitting you made an error (and shit happens). That speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. If more people handled this with your resolve, this place would be Heaven!

No need for the embarrassment Rob! You're doing fine. You're stand up in admitting you made an error (and shit happens). That speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. If more people handled this with your resolve, this place would be Heaven!

Amen to that :thumbs:

:cool:

Thanks,
A very embarrassed,
Rob

Thanks Brother and Brothers!
As soon as I hear from the Gonz this will fly!

-Rob

edited to add:

Take 37 Partagas Serie D No 1
Put 45 Cohiba Esplendido
Put 46 Ashton ESG
Put 47 A. Fuente Untold Story Maduro

We're good to go folks! Thanks Rob, and everyone else for the textbook definition of good put/take feedback!

now THAT'S the way to handle, run, and participate in a pass...

:thumbs:

now hands OFF the UTS everyone... that's gotta make it to pass participant #16... ME! :laugh: