• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Novel Moisture Delivery System for Humidors

Origineer

Hi All,
I'm a new member who's designed and built a cabinet with a patent pending moisture delivery system to supply standard size humidors with humidity for months - up to 1 year - between refills. No batteries, electricity, beads, pouches or sponges needed. There's nothing like it anywhere on the internet I can find.

I'm looking for beta testers who'll use the product and provide regular feedback on how it's working. If anyone is interested, please reply.

Thanks,
Origineer

This is borderline spam, unless this was approved by Rod. But sounds a bit risky If you ask me.

Hey cigar people, who wants to test an unproven humidity system on your precious and valuable smokes?

If all you are looking for is guinea pigs, this forum may not be for you.

Normally when signing up for this site, an introduction is posted.  I would also add the vast majority of first posts, such as the one you made, are considered trolling by the members and as such are not viewed favorably.  .

Easy fellas....I believe the intent is good...while the form is a little off.

Damon - post an intro thread and get to know the fellas! 

:thumbs:

I'd be willing to give it a go also.  I've got some cigars that I can live without that would be prefect to test in this.   I'd like to hear more about how this is achieved and how large you are talking.

I would be willing to test it on in a Larger desk top humi

T

Origineer said:
Hi All,
I'm a new member who's designed and built a cabinet with a patent pending moisture delivery system to supply standard size humidors with humidity for months - up to 1 year - between refills. No batteries, electricity, beads, pouches or sponges needed. There's nothing like it anywhere on the internet I can find.

I'm looking for beta testers who'll use the product and provide regular feedback on how it's working. If anyone is interested, please reply.

Thanks,
Origineer

Damon - I don't believe asking for money from Beta Testers is appropriate, even if it's at your cost. 

That's not beta testing. 

Good luck with your endeavor.

Just to be clear...$125 for the item is NOT beta testing. 

Hi All,
Here is what I'm offering; humidor and cabinet with the proprietary moisture delivery system and all accessories and directions at cost plus shipping. You'll have a nearly maintenance free humidor that looks great. And you'll have the bragging rights as one of the first - if not the actual first - person to ever have one.

In exchange, you'll serve as a beta tester and provide occasional updates on the product's behavior, as well as any suggestions for improvement. Once you're satisfied with the performance (maybe 90 days) I'd ask that you provide a review on the forum's site, which I could also use as a testimonial in future marketing.

If you don't like the unit for whatever reason, I'll give you a full refund and even pay the return shipping.

I have two units currently available for testing. Their costs are running about $125 ($35-$40 for the humidor and $75-$85 for the cabinet). Not sure about shipping. If one of these is not to your liking we can look around for a cabinet that better fits with your style. Or I'm considering a 10"x10"10" cube design that could sit on a desktop.

If anyone's interested in beta testing, please contact me at damon@origineer.com.

Thanks for considering,
Damon

Sorry.  Beta testing is "...I'm not sure how this is going to work, so I'll give you one if you agree to a confidentiality agreement and to provide feedback...".

This ain't it.

Smells like back door marketing to me.

They are $125 on your site also...  This isn't Beta testing my friend its sales.    I would say you started off on the wrong foot with a lot of potential customers and thats typically not a great idea

Not a very trusting group. My instrument humidor does sale for $125. That's a different product.

If anyone's interested, please email me.

Well, from work I can't see his web page because it is blocked.

I still might be interested, but need much more information.
Working nights, sucks!!!!

T

Origineer said:
Not a very trusting group. My instrument humidor does sale for $125. That's a different product.

It all started with false information.

Beta testing does not require payment. 

If you wanted me to try it for 3-6 months and then send it back with a review...that's one thing.

You want me to buy it at whatever cost you set.

Shame on you!

If it walks like a duck.........

Origineer said:
Hi All,
Here is what I'm offering; humidor and cabinet with the proprietary moisture delivery system and all accessories and directions at cost plus shipping. You'll have a nearly maintenance free humidor that looks great. And you'll have the bragging rights as one of the first - if not the actual first - person to ever have one.

In exchange, you'll serve as a beta tester and provide occasional updates on the product's behavior, as well as any suggestions for improvement. Once you're satisfied with the performance (maybe 90 days) I'd ask that you provide a review on the forum's site, which I could also use as a testimonial in future marketing.

If you don't like the unit for whatever reason, I'll give you a full refund and even pay the return shipping.

I have two units currently available for testing. Their costs are running about $125 ($35-$40 for the humidor and $75-$85 for the cabinet). Not sure about shipping. If one of these is not to your liking we can look around for a cabinet that better fits with your style. Or I'm considering a 10"x10"10" cube design that could sit on a desktop.

If anyone's interested in beta testing, please contact me at damon@origineer.com.

Thanks for considering,
Damon

Origineer said:

Yeah, I've got no idea why guys wouldn't want to send someone brand new to the forum $125 (plus shipping) in the hopes that they receive a completely untested product which could possibly destroy the cigars they put inside it, even though they've received next to no information about the product itself. A real head scratcher. 

Hi Nooblers,
I'm a member who's designed a patent pending moisture delivery system to supply standard size humidors with humidity for months - up to 1 year - between monthly refills. No batteries, electricity, beads, pouches or sponges needed. Self sticking! There's nothing like it anywhere on the internet I can find.

I'm looking for Master Betas who'll use the product and provide regular feedback on how it's working.

Each month you will receive delivery of our patent pending masticated Gooey Unit Moisture delivery system. Three colors are available to complement your humidor grain: Watermelon Wave, Sour Apple Green or Original Bubblicious. The product is free - but a small shipping and handling charge of $125.00 is billed. If anyone is interested, please reply.

Thanks!