• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official date for the CP Herf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KayakinBoy said:
Matty_Vegas said:
After the herf is over...I will no longer be contributing any longer to cigarpass.  Those of you who wish to continue to communicate with me will be able to through email or you have my phone number.  I still plan on fully giving my dedicated attention to CP up until The Herf has ran its course.  The Herf will go off without a hitch, and for the most part..everything is going like roses.  Thank you everyone for your patience.  The herf will be a great time.
[snapback]298594[/snapback]​

You are putting together a CigarPass Herf but after it's over, you don't want anything to do with the people here? ???
[snapback]298791[/snapback]​

Thats not what he said KB. I'm guessing this stems from some of the things that have been going on lately on CP. Matty has put forth a BUNCH of effort and for some reason has been getting some greif for it.

I'm PM'd you Matty, but also wanted to publicly state that I too hope this is a decision you reconsider. You are a great BOTL and have taken on what I hope will not end up being a thankless effort. Any first attempt is bound to be bumpy but I think this herf will, and has, come together splendidly. Next year should be even better! I hope we can all just move forward and make this what it was intended while not losing any Brothers in the process.

kiltedcraftsman said:
KayakinBoy said:
Matty_Vegas said:
After the herf is over...I will no longer be contributing any longer to cigarpass.
Thats not what he said KB.

No, your right. He said once the herf is over he won't contribute to the site anymore. I just don't understand it is all. He puts in alot of work to put a herf together and then says after the herf he's done here? ???

KayakinBoy said:
kiltedcraftsman said:
KayakinBoy said:
Matty_Vegas said:
After the herf is over...I will no longer be contributing any longer to cigarpass.
Thats not what he said KB.

No, your right. He said once the herf is over he won't contribute to the site anymore. I just don't understand it is all. He puts in alot of work to put a herf together and then says after the herf he's done here? ???
[snapback]298846[/snapback]​

I think it just shows you his commitment to finishing what he has started. For me, it's another reason I value him as a BOTL. I don't want to speak for Matty but I think he just has a bit of White Owl on the tongue-so to speak.

Man... a Vegas trip during Memorial Day?!? That would be awesome. Mandalay Bay is great, but THEhotel at Mandalay Bay is :love: .

Glad it's not Mother's Day. Besides, Memorial Day means more traffic through Vegas. More people means more excitement. What fun is Vegas if you're the only ones there? :D

[added]
For those looking for good deals or group rates, I hear the Luxor is pretty good about swinging a good deal. They aren't the newest or the best, but the deals aren't bad.

Perhaps we should restructure this entire event. It's clear it's going to be difficult to please everyone at this point, we can only learn from our mistakes.

An option is: We make the Vegas trip a simple herf and we plan for an offical CP herf sometime for later in the year, or early 2007. A planning committee will be organized for the official herf. I believe if structured correctly, and plenty of time is given to both the organizers as well as the participants, the event will be much more successful, with much more participation.

Not saying the Vegas event isn't going to happen, rather, we can consider it a "Memorial Day Weekend Vegas Herf", and we can plan for an Offical CP Herf later on. There is far too much tension regarding this event, and it needs to be ironed out now.

I don't believe in cancelling the entire event, as that would be unfair to those who already made reservations. I'm sure if we rename this as a Vegas Herf, we may lose a few participants, and that's fine. Too much work has gone into creating this community, and I will do everything in my power to ensure that the 1ST ANNUAL CIGARPASS.COM HERF is a true success, without all the tension and BS.

My vote is to setup an offical cp herf with a more structured plan.

Let me know what you think.

Rod

Rod, that sounds lame to me but you can do what you want to. I won't be going as this has turned into a circus. I will be in that neck of the woods during that time frame and I'll chose who I'll meet up with. Matty thank you for trying to put this together!

tone-ny said:
Rod, that sounds lame to me but you can do what you want to.
[snapback]298934[/snapback]​

I agree.

I have no dog in this race. I wanted to attend, but already have my Vegas trip planned for July. That said, "demoting" this event to a "Memorial Day Herf" is kind of demoralizing. It says, "Hey, all you folks who crapped on this thread...YOU WIN." What's more, if I were Matty_Vegas, I'd consider it big, swift kick in the balls for all my effort. I say, leave it the "Official CP Herf." Have a second one at a different venue later in the year.

There's my 0.02.

This herf has CP's name all over it. And while there is bickering going on back and forth in this thread, the reality of it is - it has CP's name all over it...

That being said - and I see Matty struggling to do a good job - the confusion over dates, etc. at the beginning coupled with the short time allowed to set this up has created a situation of near panic. Last minute plans are being made - people are making reservations on the fly - some are jumping in and out... In other words - in my opinion - this is turning into total chaos.

No one will disagree that it's not a bad thing to get together and smoke cigars in the name of CigarPass. Herfing in Vegas is one of my eventual goals. Because peoples travel and lodging plans have already been put into place - this event has to go on.

The success of any event is measured by how many attended, and what kind of time the participants had. Because about 15 CP members are attending, the event is mildly successful. Drinking and smoking cigars in a bar, or eating in a restaurant is not a hard thing to do - especially in a place like Las Vegas. But given what has happened at other herfs recently, I doubt anyone would disagree that 15 is a really a disaserously low number for such a potentially big event.

Let's please concentrate our energies on developing a plan for a REAL CigarPass.com 1st Annual Herf. One that would attempt to draw members from the ENTIRE community - not just a few. I really don't think it's that hard to do if you remain open minded and are able to accept constructive criticism...

cigardawg said:
tone-ny said:

I agree.

I have no dog in this race. I wanted to attend, but already have my Vegas trip planned for July. That said, "demoting" this event to a "Memorial Day Herf" is kind of demoralizing. It says, "Hey, all you folks who crapped on this thread...YOU WIN." What's more, if I were Matty_Vegas, I'd consider it big, swift kick in the balls for all my effort. I say, leave it the "Official CP Herf." Have a second one at a different venue later in the year.

There's my 0.02.
[snapback]298944[/snapback]​

That's the way you view it - but you're wrong and I'm glad you're not Matty_Vegas...

Oh, BTW - seeing as how you are quick to toss in a couple of pennies, and seem to be full of opinions - are you in on helping organize the big event for Rod???

ggiese said:
cigardawg said:
tone-ny said:

I agree.

There's my 0.02.

That's the way you view it - but you're wrong and I'm glad you're not Matty_Vegas...

Oh, BTW - seeing as how you are quick to toss in a couple of pennies, and seem to be full of opinions - are you in on helping organize the big event for Rod???
[snapback]298946[/snapback]​

That is the way I view it and why would you say my opinion is wrong. It is my opinion of what happened. I happen to think you are wrong. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

Now George, you know I am not "quick" to toss in a couple of pennies. Fact is, I rarely throw my opinion into these types of issues. However, you are right about one thing, I am full of opinions. Why, George, would you ask a question you already know the answer to. I already said I had no dog in this race. Already said I was not attending. It should be pretty simple to infer that I am not helping to organize this event.

Before you quote this post and start arguing my opinions and thoughts, think about this. You post alot. I don't always agree with your posts, but do I antagonize you by straight-out telling you that you are wrong? No, I've never done that. I will if you want me to, but I have not done so to date. You have your opinions, you voice them. That is your god-given right as far as I'm concerned. I might not agree. I might even think that some of your opinions are assanine. However, I don't get in your face about it. I would appreciate the same courtesy. Let the reader of the thread read both of our opinions and make up their own mind about things.

cigardawg said:
ggiese said:
cigardawg said:
tone-ny said:

I agree.

There's my 0.02.

[snapback]298946[/snapback]​

That is the way I view it and why would you say my opinion is wrong. It is my opinion of what happened. I happen to think you are wrong. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

Now George, you know I am not "quick" to toss in a couple of pennies. Fact is, I rarely throw my opinion into these types of issues. However, you are right about one thing, I am full of opinions. Why, George, would you ask a question you already know the answer to. I already said I had no dog in this race. Already said I was not attending. It should be pretty simple to infer that I am not helping to organize this event.

Before you quote this post and start arguing my opinions and thoughts, think about this. You post alot. I don't always agree with your posts, but do I antagonize you by straight-out telling you that you are wrong? No, I've never done that. I will if you want me to, but I have not done so to date. You have your opinions, you voice them. That is your god-given right as far as I'm concerned. I might not agree. I might even think that some of your opinions are assanine. However, I don't get in your face about it. I would appreciate the same courtesy. Let the reader of the thread read both of our opinions and make up their own mind about things.
[snapback]298951[/snapback]​

Well let me say this about that... You're wrong...

You post you have no dog in this race... Be honest - is that true??? Otherwise why would you chime in on this and the group buy thread as much as you have?

Yes - you do have a dog in this race and I think you need to put it back into the kennel.... ;)

I'm still waiting for your answer on your participation in the planning of the Official CP Herf event.... :whistling:

15 people for a Vegas herf organized less than a few months prior to the date, is pretty good. Besides that, it not even April yet, more people may decide to come. A holiday weekend in Vegas is a pretty crazy time to try and schedule something though. Sure, people are off work, but, the rates go up and also people are off work, meaning they may already have plans. This is especially true of a weekend like Memorial Day. But, that was the date chosen and secured. Now, onto the "name" of the herf. What the f*ck difference does it make what it's called? Were you were going because of the name or because of the people? Call it whatever you want, just show up and have fun.

Speaking from experience, it takes more than a couple of months to organize a big herf. We start the LOL Herf almost the day after the previous one, actually some of it starts before the previous one. There are a lot of steps to setting these things up. Secure a location. Set up lodging choices. Plus deciding on what kind of herf is it going to be. We go the charity route, though I tell ya', as much as I like presenting a big check to the Boys and Girls Club, it's a real hassle. Herf day ends up being more work than fun for those organizing. Hell, I didn't even get to meet a couple of people that came this year since i was running around so much. Then, when I finally set down to relax, I really just wanted to be by myself. LOL!

So, while I don't want to discount what Matty_Vegas has done, it was a bit rushed. Rod's idea of seting up a committee is valid. That way it's not all on one person's back. Having a bit of lead time is also an advantage. Hell, if only 15 people are going to show up, you can all come to my house and herf for a couple of days.

In conclusion.... why not just carry-on with this as whatever you want to call it and organize something else for later this year or early next year. I would be up for helping out with whatever we can. Maybe the best bet is for someone to do some research and see where the best, central location would be to have the herf. No reason to find someplace with a bunch of bells and whistles and other things to do. The event is a weekend herf, not a summer vacation. If you want to bring your wife and kids, I'm sure there's something for them to do somewhere during herf time. If not, leave 'em at home.

Like I said, open to help.

Matt R said:
15 people for a Vegas herf organized less than a few months prior to the date, is pretty good. Besides that, it not even April yet, more people may decide to come. A holiday weekend in Vegas is a pretty crazy time to try and schedule something though. Sure, people are off work, but, the rates go up and also people are off work, meaning they may already have plans. This is especially true of a weekend like Memorial Day. But, that was the date chosen and secured. Now, onto the "name" of the herf. What the f*ck difference does it make what it's called? Were you were going because of the name or because of the people? Call it whatever you want, just show up and have fun.

Speaking from experience, it takes more than a couple of months to organize a big herf. We start the LOL Herf almost the day after the previous one, actually some of it starts before the previous one. There are a lot of steps to setting these things up. Secure a location. Set up lodging choices. Plus deciding on what kind of herf is it going to be. We go the charity route, though I tell ya', as much as I like presenting a big check to the Boys and Girls Club, it's a real hassle. Herf day ends up being more work than fun for those organizing. Hell, I didn't even get to meet a couple of people that came this year since i was running around so much. Then, when I finally set down to relax, I really just wanted to be by myself. LOL!

So, while I don't want to discount what Matty_Vegas has done, it was a bit rushed. Rod's idea of seting up a committee is valid. That way it's not all on one person's back. Having a bit of lead time is also an advantage. Hell, if only 15 people are going to show up, you can all come to my house and herf for a couple of days.

In conclusion.... why not just carry-on with this as whatever you want to call it and organize something else for later this year or early next year. I would be up for helping out with whatever we can. Maybe the best bet is for someone to do some research and see where the best, central location would be to have the herf. No reason to find someplace with a bunch of bells and whistles and other things to do. The event is a weekend herf, not a summer vacation. If you want to bring your wife and kids, I'm sure there's something for them to do somewhere during herf time. If not, leave 'em at home.

Like I said, open to help.
[snapback]298963[/snapback]​

...spoken like a TRUE herfmeister!!! :thumbs:

... And I'm VERY upset you didn't spend any time with me are the last LOL herf... I saw you lolly-gagging around... :angry:

Matt R said:
What the f*ck difference does it make what it's called? Were you were going because of the name or because of the people? Call it whatever you want, just show up and have fun.

Exactly.

Hell, Central Illinois is a VERY central location, looking at the member map. We've got four major airports within two-three hours (Midway and O'Hare in Chicago, Lambert in St. Louis and Indianapolis), plus some smaller local ones that connect straight to the big ones. Air rates aren't too awful bad. Lodging is very reasonable, even for the nicer places and getting around is very easy. You wanna have a herf in my town? No problem. :) (Makes it very easy for me....LOL!)

Matt R said:
Were you were going because of the name or because of the people? Call it whatever you want, just show up and have fun.

I agree, I'm in it for smoking cigars with fellow BOTLs and SOTLs.

I don't know if anyone wants or cares about my opinion, but you guys ALL of you guys break my heart. And I am pretty sure you are doing the same to other newbies. Why do we have to bicker all the time. I have read more bullcrap in the last hour than any member should. I think, and again it's just my opinion, that ALL of you guys should take a break from posting. You always tell the newbies to read more and post less. Well, I am asking ALL of you to do the same. Live and let live, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, And most of all treat others as you want to be treated.
I think we should all take a break get that cigar out that has been aging in the humi for a couple of years, and fire that mother up. Think about what has gone on the pass couple of days. And after you ALL are feeling better, I think a few apologies are in order. Forgive that BOTL that pissed you off and forget.
When I joined this sight I had one thing in mind. That was to have a cigar with as many of you BOTL as I could, but now I am not so sure. But I think in a couple of days it will all be GOOD again.
Remember that there are a lot of use newbies that read most of everything the FOG's say.

This is your site Rod..pm me and tell me what you want to do. I don't care what the damn thing is called...I am taking that friday off work..gonna smoke some cigars..cuss and drink...after toamrrow the last details will be all sured up...If I am causing too much trouble for your site then let me know, and I will bow out after the location is "officially" secured. I am so freaking sick of bieng painted as a clueless asshat. Contrary to popular belief...I am a nice guy...Have routinely gone and bought stuff from Casa Fuente for members here (even as much as I hate the place), and taken time away from work and whatnot to show fellow BOTLs a good time while they were here. I am a very organized person, I have a Degree from a acredited university, and am a all grown up adult. Why does something so fun have to turn into such a mess??? What personal value does anyone get for crapping on me??? It is totally insane. I love this board and this community, however...it is quickly not becoming fun for me anymore. I have stopped posting actively months ago. I wanna thank smokyballs for letting me take place in his contest, and I still plan on winning (lol). I think I am gonna open a can of Boddington's Ale...light up a Padron, and go play with my dog in the backyard.

edited just to say I don't care about grammar or punctuation today, or spelling for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.