• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oh Stone and 3 Floyd's, why do you continuously tease me.....

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
My world is constantly turned upside down by these two breweries. Over the past 2-3 years I have enjoyed an on again/off again love affair with thier brews in WI. Unfortunately, it seems they could not keep the entire US in stock and Stone has cut WI out of their distribution, again.

Floyd's has come back to me, so I can enjoy of their goodies. This doesn't solve me kicking back a 11.11.11 brew. I guess I will have to find a reason to head to IL for work and hope to find one down there.

I guess that's why we haven't gotten Stone up here yet even though it was promised months ago and is available in the Twin Cities.

Damn...

Our big super Kroger we just had built a few months ago has a few different Stone's and Arrogant Bastards (my personal fav at the moment) for like 4 dollars for the big bottles!! I only say that because at the liquor stores we have here in town and the bars that sell them want over $12.00 a bottle! We and the wifey bought every one they had at Kroger. She LOVES the Stone smoked porter!

Care to rape my dog and shoot my wife while you're at it? :p That's a great find. Congratulations!

At least I can get Surly pretty much whenever I want it now. :love:

There have been some nice beers available to replace the Floyd's and Stone. I have not had to drink many Milwaukee's Best lately. Lagunita's and Southern Tier are being bumped up in the rotation.

I did get to pick up a 2011 Alaskan Smoked Porter! We never get that crap around here!

Jason, I have a great Alpha King recipe if you ever want to brew your own. It's actually a pretty simple beer, they just nailed the balance on that one.

Alpha King homebrew would be excellent. My homebrew kit is in shambles. I need to find a local brew place to get some replacement stuff.

I used a bucket for my primary, and have one carboy for a secondary. Can I just use the carboy and no secondary? Or should I get another bucket/carboy?

Alpha King homebrew would be excellent. My homebrew kit is in shambles. I need to find a local brew place to get some replacement stuff.

I used a bucket for my primary, and have one carboy for a secondary. Can I just use the carboy and no secondary? Or should I get another bucket/carboy?

Most beers you don't need a secondary for. Carboy is probably only a 5 gallon though if you bought it as a secondary, and will cause problems with blow off if you do 5 gallon batches due to no head space.

Please PM me the alpha king recipe... I have a great Bells Two Hearted i brew but Alpha King is my favorite.

Man I don't know... we were out at whole foods last night and they had gumballhead on draft....(yes our whole foods has about 10 beers on tap) nothing like drinking awesome beer while shopping with the family.

I need a gumballhead recipe.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Man I don't know... we were out at whole foods last night and they had gumballhead on draft....(yes our whole foods has about 10 beers on tap) nothing like drinking awesome beer while shopping with the family.

I need a gumballhead recipe.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I've got a buddy that brews one all the time. I'll get the recipe for you.

I put the recipe he gave me into Beersmith and adjusted it to my efficiency and a 6 gallon batch. Let me know how it goes. I'm going to brew this in the near future too I think.

Recipe: Gumballhead Clone
Brewer: Justin Sell
Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)
Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 6.00 gal
Boil Size: 8.24 gal
Estimated OG: 1.052 SG
Estimated Color: 5.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 30.8 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4 lbs 13.4 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 46.15 %
4 lbs 13.4 oz Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 46.15 %
12.9 oz Caravienne Malt (22.0 SRM) Grain 7.69 %
0.25 oz Simcoe [14.10 %] (90 min) (First Wort HopHops 6.5 IBU
2.00 oz Amarillo Gold [9.40 %] (Dry Hop 5 days) Hops -
0.25 oz Simcoe [14.10 %] (60 min) Hops 10.7 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [9.40 %] (15 min) Hops 7.1 IBU
1.00 oz Amarillo Gold [9.40 %] (5 min) Hops 5.7 IBU
0.75 oz Amarillo Gold [9.40 %] (1 min) Hops 0.9 IBU
1 Pkgs British Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1335) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule:
My Mash
Total Grain Weight: 10.48 lb
----------------------------
My Mash Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Step Add 13.10 qt of water at 163.7 F 152.0 F

Will do.... Thought about brewing an alpha king clone and this then combining them in my fermenter...

Maybe I am just crazy.

Right on.... don't have the alpha king recipe... still working on that one... I do have a great bells...

Recipe: Bells 2 hearted
Brewer: Shane
Asst Brewer:
Style: American IPA
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 11.00 gal
Boil Size: 13.01 gal
Estimated OG: 1.066 SG
Estimated Color: 5.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 55.7 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
21.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 77.78 %
4.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 14.81 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3.70 %
1.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 3.70 %
2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (60 min) Hops 29.4 IBU
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (Dry Hop 5 days) Hops -
2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (15 min) Hops 14.6 IBU
2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (5 min) Hops 5.9 IBU
2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (5 min) Hops 5.9 IBU
2 Pkgs California Ale V (White Labs #WLP051) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 27.00 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 35.91 qt of water at 164.9 F 150.0 F

Another thing we did was drink a bunch of two hearted while we were brewing and saved the yeast from the bottles... Then added the yeast we had saved from the bottles plus the yeast from the recipe... yea we were hammered. worked out fine and will do it again,