• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OK Ask away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheating is unacceptable to me. If I suspected someone of cheating I would refuse to play with that person. There have been circumstances where I have been cheated out of my winnings by players loosing and not paying at all. Just disappearing and never showing there face here again. Others that have won from me which were paid in a timely manner but when they loose they disappear not to return.
....like who? Got some names of folks that have "disappeared".....??

Yes I have there user names... Do you think you can help me recope my losses?

Answer this question and I will try to help you recoup your losses. Are you a member of CP for any reason other than the poker room?

This is not an attack just trying to get to the bottom of the bottomless well.

I joind CP to learn more about cigars, which involves a whole lot of reading, listening & paying attention. I spend a lot of time here reading the INTERESTING posts.

Cheating is unacceptable to me. If I suspected someone of cheating I would refuse to play with that person. There have been circumstances where I have been cheated out of my winnings by players loosing and not paying at all. Just disappearing and never showing there face here again. Others that have won from me which were paid in a timely manner but when they loose they disappear not to return.
....like who? Got some names of folks that have "disappeared".....??

Yes I have there user names... Do you think you can help me recope my losses?

Answer this question and I will try to help you recoup your losses. Are you a member of CP for any reason other than the poker room?

This is not an attack just trying to get to the bottom of the bottomless well.

I joind CP to learn more about cigars, which involves a whole lot of reading, listening & paying attention. I spend a lot of time here reading the INTERESTING posts.
To read CP, but never interact, does require joining. Do you see the point I am getting at?

Edited for punctuation

You guys both have valid points and I'm trying my best not to argue with you.

But I see it differently. If he was a screw-up and people were not enjoying playing against him... we would have heard about it by now. That we haven't speaks volumes IMHO.

WE (as far as I know) don't play poker so WE have no idea what goes on in there. Who is to say he doesn't spend the entire game giving cigar advice? And even if he doesn't are we such a closed community that we are going to boot anyone who doesn't contribute in every forum every day? Hell I haven't said hello to a n00b in the welcome to CP forum in ages am I a bad member because of it?

Seriously now, trying to make every member measure up to some unwritten rule is only going to hurt CP. And that is what I am worried the most about.
Each member contributes in his or her own way. I don't think you have to check the board or post everyday to be a contributing member and I'm not trying to single out dkprlp, I just feel that membership shouldn't be solely used for access to the chat room or the poker room. I certainly see your point and I'm not trying to argue with you, but this is a cigar forum and if there are people here that come in for the sole purpose of playing poker or just to chat, there are plenty of other places to do that.

This is a cigar forum and if there are people here that come in for the sole purpose of playing poker or just to chat, there are plenty of other places to do that.

Agreed. I think I've made my views on the matter known... now its time to go bug my old lady, wish me luck brothers! :thumbs: :sign:

Goodnight!

Roger:

I see a very simple solution to this that would make everyone happy.

Become an active member of CP, interact with other members about cigars, post your thoughts and opinions about the many things you read, share your knowledge, make friends outside the poker room, etc.

You guys both have valid points and I'm trying my best not to argue with you.

But I see it differently. If he was a screw-up and people were not enjoying playing against him... we would have heard about it by now. That we haven't speaks volumes IMHO.

WE (as far as I know) don't play poker so WE have no idea what goes on in there. Who is to say he doesn't spend the entire game giving cigar advice? And even if he doesn't are we such a closed community that we are going to boot anyone who doesn't contribute in every forum every day? Hell I haven't said hello to a n00b in the welcome to CP forum in ages am I a bad member because of it?

Seriously now, trying to make every member measure up to some unwritten rule is only going to hurt CP. And that is what I am worried the most about.

I see what you're saying, Shawn. However, I see the Poker area as more of a "benefit" to the members of CP than a vital part of the site. Kind of like the B/S/T forum. Playing poker for cigars is the equivalent of trading cigars for money or other cigars. It's a transaction. It seems to me like the protections offered the members in the B/S/T forum would not be out of place in the poker room.

I'm not going to have some kind of fit about it, as I don't play poker online. It's just my opinion on the matter. It is ultimately up to Rod, of course. I'm sure he'll do as he sees fit to protect CP. He always does. :)

I joined CP 6/06 after SEVERAL month of reading. I didn't start playing poker here till 3/08.
Get MY point

Read more, post less, unless you're playing poker. Then you need to post enough so that we know who you are because we won't play cards with you. :laugh: :laugh:

I joined CP 6/06 after SEVERAL month of reading. I didn't start playing poker here till 3/08.
Get MY point

Between 6/06 and 3/08 you had exactly 4 posts, buying/selling cigars. Since 3/08 you have hundreds of posts all involving poker.

Get my point?

Comparing the poker room to the chat room doesn't make a ton of sense. The people in chat aren't *potentially* profiteering from eachother while failing to be a part of the CP community, they are actually directly interacting with other members of the CP community. Is it to be assumed that unless your post count is high you aren't a participant on the board? So, for example, if a guy in the chat room who knows many upstanding members on this board and has herfed with dozens of CP members only has 200 posts in the last year he should take a hike because he isn't participating in the community according to some unspoken standard? And fwiw I would be happy to sit down and play any derivation of poker with any member of this board....

Get MY point

Between 6/06 and 3/08 you had exactly 4 posts, buying/selling cigars. Since 3/08 you have hundreds of posts all involving poker.

Get my point?

You're only point is that you don't feel he's a contributing member. Others feel differently.

No, my point is that he is here for one reason only......to play poker.

I hope someone addresses my issue with the chat badmouthing before this thread locks down....

That's an assumption. The thread's full of 'em.

(Edit to add quote)
John, no need for us to argue about someone else but I believe that what the thread is most full of is evidence that Roger is here for the sole purpose of playing poker. Some people who have interacted with him in the poker room like him, maybe they all do, but that doesn't change the apparent fact that he is not here for the purpose that CP is here for......love of the leaf.

Then what would be your solution to this dilemma?

Look up to post #65

Ok, I understand. So at what level would we call someone an active, contributing member? What level of contribution makes this? What you are proposing is a somewhat slippery slope because its based on judgement by a group of people, each whom have a different idea of what contributing is.

Should it come to a vote? If so, what level of activity makes you eligible to vote? See what I mean by "slippery slope"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back