• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Double Robusto Maduro?

I just sent an e-mail to CD, so hopefully I can get some more info on them.

As for them being an Anejo, there isn't any vitola with a 52 ring gauge to be cut-down. So it's even more confusing, especially because the foot of the cigar smells like an Opus when I compared to two. Also, as mentioned, the wrapper's consistency is very much dark but has a mottled appearance, while all of the Anejo's I have and compared them to have a very dark and mostly consistent color.

Any more insight anyone?

You didn't happen to get that DR Maduro as part of the 10 cigar sampler shown a few posts back, did you? In the website pic the Maduro version looks to be a little longer than the regular Double Robusto. If you did get that sampler, can you compare the 2?

I'll take a picture with the cedar off when I get home tonight.

I just received a call-back immediately following my email with the following response key-points:

1. These were obtained from the same source that all of their Opus' are obtained from (10+ years)
2. ALL of their cigars are 110% authentic, without question, even these.
3. They were obtained at a private event in 3 sizes (Double-Robusto, Super Belicoso, Fuente Fuente), with another possible size coming.
4. Their prices are higher than most competitors, because none of their stock is obtained at wholesale costs, but rather more than retail at times from their unspecified vendor.
5. They were able to obtain a couple hundred of these maduro, in each size, during these event/s.

I also saw that post regarding Carlito's response, so we may be looking at something special here (and somewhat affordable), or still risky/skeptical for some. I just received them yesterday, so I'll let them rest a bit and then let you know how they smoke. Hopefully I can find an officially released Opus X maduro (old and/or new wrapper) to compare this with by that time.

Ok I know you are pot committed to these being something good, but it is about as likely as finding a 1492 at wal-mart. I'm just saying

Measurements? Do you have a ring gauge device to get an accurate measurement? If not, how about a local B&M that would be kind enough to check?

I worry about the quantity that they claim to have.

I think this boils down to a simple question: how much do you trust the vendor in question?

Contact Fuente directly on this matter.

They will let you know if a few 'hundred' were given out.

Unlikely.

Measurements? Do you have a ring gauge device to get an accurate measurement? If not, how about a local B&M that would be kind enough to check?

When I compared them directly (the best that I could without any technical devices) without the cedar-sleeves on, they seemed EXACTLY the same size/specs as the Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double-Robustos. Which would be 5.75 x 52

FYI... I just replayed the message the rep. left, and the quantity is "350 total in 3 sizes". So I'm guessing 150 in each of the 3 sizes. He also said the next size that "might be made is the robusto".

I can't spell or use proper grammer for shit but 350 divided by 3 is 150?

Hahaha.. Sorry about the mistake. For some reason, I kept thinking 450 total in my head. But it is 350 total. Assuming they were produced in equal amounts, it'd be about 115-117 each. That is unless he meant 350 each. Either way, doesn't sound too promising.

Anyone know any Fuente Reps./contacts that would be able to give us more info.?

I'm trying to find who the best person I can contact at Fuente about this would be,

Hahaha.. Sorry about the mistake. For some reason, I kept thinking 450 total in my head. But it is 350 total. Assuming they were produced in equal amounts, it'd be about 115-117 each. That is unless he meant 350 each. Either way, doesn't sound too promising.

Anyone know any Fuente Reps./contacts that would be able to give us more info.?

I'm trying to find who the best person I can contact at Fuente about this would be,

Contact Drew or Carlito....here!