• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

Nice moves Rod, very good job. Now to wait and see what the others will do.............

Many are watching you, yes you and the others..... :angry:

This has been quite an informative thread. While I'm sorry that Ed, Lee and others were taken by smokinj, it serves to show the value that Moki, tone-ny, insight and others bring to the CP table.

Andrew, you deserve a special "thank you". Your ability to dissect this matter isn't anything that particularly surprises me, but the way you act selflessly in the interest of the hobby is what deserves a special mention. Hopefully others will not make the same mistake going forward.

Rob

Think of it from this angle - older Wavells are a real inexpensive way to get yellow cellos. I think that Eric kindly passed along some information that at the time, probably seemed totally harmless. It probably rang a bell for him now that this issue has come to light. I can assure you that nobody here is lumping in Eric at Jack Schwartz as part of this debacle.
I certaintly don't think people would lump Eric in (we've all spoken with Eric many times on different forums and he's a great guy). Just keeping a cautious eye open for the "Oh yeah.. well Eric from Jack Schwartz said you did" kind of thing..

Thank goodness you dropped your words of wisdom on us! Jeez - No one here ever heard of Eric before, and don't know his (or Jack Schwartz's) reputation... :rolleyes:

But - please keep your "cautious eye" going - we need tons of that! We really could have used it when someone started peddling fake OR's on the board!

New guy: who are you and why are you posting here?

Eric: Thank you so much for your post, your integrity has made me want to give you my business in the future.

Anthony: Better get yourself some steaks or something to throw to those bastards, if they are hungry they can be pretty mean.
Nothing says community like treating other members like shit.

Rod, please delete my account. This was not the "community" that I read about in your post.

I'm sorry sboy... Did I say something to offend you?

Here - let me fix that boo-boo and make it all better...

hello-kitty-band-aid1.jpg

spray_new.jpg

Nice moves Rod, very good job. Now to wait and see what the others will do.............

Many are watching you, yes you and the others..... :angry:

Does this mean you're still going to send me the Boli Platinums??? :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Rod,

Is it possible to pin this thread on what and why not to do? Maybe the future high flier newbs can learn from this.

Andrew you were amazing! Anthony you are a mench! While I feel bad for Ed and Lee, CP was not a good fit for them. I wish them well.

Joe

It is with great displeasure that I have to terminate three accounts this evening. For the sake of the community, I can no longer allow members to act in a manner that goes against our ethics and culture. Some of the newer guys have trumped their way into CP, setup shop, and chose to ignore our rules and do as they please. Not to mention the sense of entitlement they all think they deserve. They were given more rope than usual, and they have set an EXCELLENT example of what NOT to do.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my involvement in this thread. The situation was a heated one and being that smokinj's most used forum is my most used forum, it struck a nerve with me (and others from my board). I allowed myself to get to involved from an emotional standpoint of disappointment. This was my mistake and I have learned from it.

I appreciate the kind PMs and words from Eric and Andrew and DeVonn. While I am not new to the internet, forums or cigars, I was out of line to enter myself into a community and expect that I could voice my opinion without any reprecussion (Similar to a new student becoming Prom King/Queen.. that kind of acceptance doesn't happen overnight).

I trust we can move on from this and being as we are all here for the same reason, the enjoyment and pleasure we get from cigars and brother/sisterhood, we can allow bygones to be bygones.

I'm sorry sboy... Did I say something to offend you?

Here - let me fix that boo-boo and make it all better...

hello-kitty-band-aid1.jpg

spray_new.jpg
I'm more a salt and duct tape kind of guy.. but meh.. Hello Kitty will work in a pinch.

I'm more a salt and duct tape kind of guy.. but meh.. Hello Kitty will work in a pinch.

I'm more of a ropes and blindfolds kinda guy... but your suggestion sounds equally kinky. Now where'd my wife go? :)

I'm behind you 100% Rod!!!

Likewise. And now that the horses are finally in... I really wish I had bet on this race. I know that comment isn't the best to post, but I also know I'm not alone when I say I'm not the least bit surprised; and I haven't even been around 'that' much lately. As to Ed... I don't know. I could see him making his way back in better colors. Somehow. We'll see.

Whatever the deal is with the FOGs who have stepped off for a while, I hope things get back to normal, sooner rather than later. I miss the ol' farts.

Rod, you're the right guy for this community. There is absolutely no doubt about that. God bless ya, and here's to the day that we finally get to light a smoke together (after throwing a blue keg tarp down on the carpet for the stripper to crawl on).

Long live CP!

He only deleted one picture. The rest are still in tact. I backed them up just in case he decides to remove them.

Wow! That was quite the thread. After reading the whole thing up until now, just have to give props to Moki for kicking ass and taking names while beautifully sidestepping the BS. Well played sir! :thumbs:

This was intense.. I can't believe how fast you guys called out the fake and then with little to know info nailing this guy for selling SH*t(Moki). Well done guys. You have all gotten my respect.

erf... it looks like dulaney22 deleted the pictures :/

That's unfortunate, they served as useful evidence for what transpired.
A classless move by a disgruntled individual. Unfortunately, it speaks much to character......

Kudos to you guys for snagging the photos; as Moki said, it's useful evidence for what traspired.

Time to move on, folks - B.B.S.

I guess this means Spivy won't be reviewing the blind cigar I sent him in the Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward #2!...from February. :angry:

I get the feeling that there might be a few open trancactions with the newly banned members. They were very active on the BST thread.

I, for one, have an outstanding purchase, but have high hopes that all will be well.

Time will tell, but for now, I maintain a positive outlook.

Tim

erf... it looks like dulaney22 deleted the pictures :/

That's unfortunate, they served as useful evidence for what transpired.
A classless move by a disgruntled individual. Unfortunately, it speaks much to character......

Kudos to you guys for snagging the photos; as Moki said, it's useful evidence for what traspired.

Time to move on, folks - B.B.S.
I never took much pleasure in someone's banning...except this one.

Doc.