• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

Now that this is over and done with, I feel confident in saying that the only thing I hate more than stupid people are dishonest/unscrupulous people.

erf... it looks like dulaney22 deleted the pictures :/

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=882671

That's unfortunate, they served as useful evidence for what transpired.
Would these pictures, that I cleverly saved when I saw that he was banned, the pictures you were referring to?

IMG_1719
IMG_1720
IMG_1721
IMG_1722
IMG_1723
IMG_1725
IMG_1726
IMG_1727
IMG_1729
IMG_1730
IMG_1731
IMG_1732

:laugh: .... I think there's hope for this one yet! Nice Stephen, very nice!

I bet used motor oil would yellow the cello pretty well.......

Rod you did what had to be done, period end of story.

The lessons have been many and I hope we have all learned something from this. The only thing I would add is that anyone can be taken for a ride. Sometimes that ride can be very expensive.

The lessons have been many and I hope we have all learned something from this. The only thing I would add is that anyone can be taken for a ride. Sometimes that ride can be very expensive.

...and I wouldn't take that ride unless I had the money to blow. After all - those are just rolled up leaves begging to be smoked! :D

...and I wouldn't take that ride unless I had the money to blow. After all - those are just rolled up leaves begging to be smoked! :D

George you should know about scams/rides! You should write a book about them.

But some of those leaves are quite choice. :thumbs:

George you should know about scams/rides! You should write a book about them.

But some of those leaves are quite choice. :thumbs:

Oh - you didn't hear about my tell all book??? Not that I'm self promoting or anything... :D

It will be entitled, "You Can't Make This Stuff Up!" :laugh:

My present employer said I cannot leave EVER, because they're fearful of my book and I only have a 2 year non-disclosure agreement.

I guess this means Spivy won't be reviewing the blind cigar I sent him in the Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward #2!...from February. :angry:

He did the same thing with the cigars that Jackstraw was kind enough to send us(Spivy, Q The Cop and I) to do a blind review after the newbie war of 2009. Without getting into the contents of the package it also contained a couple of very thoughtful non cigar items. Not to do the reviews did not sit well with me. I still wish Ed and Lee well.

I guess this means Spivy won't be reviewing the blind cigar I sent him in the Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward #2!...from February. :angry:

He did the same thing with the cigars that Jackstraw was kind enough to send us(Spivy, Q The Cop and I) to do a blind review after the newbie war of 2009. Without getting into the contents of the package it also contained a couple of very thoughtful non cigar items. Not to do the reviews did not sit well with me. I still wish Ed and Lee well.

Across the board I'm sure you will find there are many unfulfilled promises made by Ed! I wish them well but this has been a long time coming!

I didn't with me either. I was thinking about that last night while I was reading this thread, but didn't want to say anything.

Now that this is over and done with, I feel confident in saying that the only thing I hate more than stupid people are dishonest/unscrupulous people.

I think it probably will not be over and done with until the parties involved get their money back. I hope they do, but I have my doubts, given the source. If they do not get their money back, I guess it is a lesson that they will have paid for dearly.

Of course then that means this guy will have all of these cigars back in his possession. I expect that at some time in the future, he will attempt to sell this product again if he does receive the cigars back.

Stay vigilant; do not buy product from someone you don't know, and if you're buying something rare, consult someone who has experience with it, and be sure to verify its provenance.

I think it probably will not be over and done with until the parties involved get their money back. I hope they do, but I have my doubts, given the source. If they do not get their money back, I guess it is a lesson that they will have paid for dearly.

Of course then that means this guy will have all of these cigars back in his possession. I expect that at some time in the future, he will attempt to sell this product again if he does receive the cigars back.

Stay vigilant; do not buy product from someone you don't know, and if you're buying something rare, consult someone who has experience with it, and be sure to verify its provenance.

Just an update for everyone. The individual in question who sold these is no where to be found. Ed has however made a small payment to me and some others. Ed reported to all of us via email that he will pay the full amount back, but it will take some time. He has not requested the cigars back at this point so I am just going to hold onto them so they do not go on to some other uninformed HTF hooker like myself.

I have learned a very valuable lesson and will take everything that has been said in this thread to heart. Thank you to everyone for the vlauable knowledge it is very much appreciated.

Jim

Just an update for everyone. The individual in question who sold these is no where to be found. Ed has however made a small payment to me and some others. Ed reported to all of us via email that he will pay the full amount back, but it will take some time. He has not requested the cigars back at this point so I am just going to hold onto them so they do not go on to some other uninformed HTF hooker like myself.

I mentioned this to KingAntz via PM, and I may as well express my opinion here as well.

If this was a true group buy, I think you all are out the money, and got collectively screwed.

If it was the case where an individual bought these cigars, and then resold them to you, then yes, I think he should reimburse you all. But if you all went in on the buy together as a group buy and got hustled... I'm not sure that the person who organized the buy should be left holding the bag.

I think each of the participants in this group buy likely waved their due diligence for the lure of picking up these rare cigars... and thus all really were "guilty"* of the same thing.

You were all collectively taken, IMHO, and all should bear the burden of the loss. I'm sure opinions will differ on this, but that's mine.

* I'm not saying any of these guys deserved to get fleeced, just that they all bear some responsibility here IMHO

Is it wrong to ask how much did this cost? I was curious how much $$$ these folks are out.

I mentioned this to KingAntz via PM, and I may as well express my opinion here as well.

If this was a true group buy, I think you all are out the money, and got collectively screwed.

If it was the case where an individual bought these cigars, and then resold them to you, then yes, I think he should reimburse you all. But if you all went in on the buy together as a group buy and got hustled... I'm not sure that the person who organized the buy should be left holding the bag.

You were all collectively taken, IMHO, and all should bear the burden of the loss. I'm sure opinions will differ on this, but that's mine.

Andrew you are correct. I had never thought about it in this way. Ed emailed me and said he had access to some OR opus being the person I am I said lets do it. Sent him some money along with others, I did not get in on the Anejo buy, bingo the fake cigars where delivered. I am going to think this over a bit......

Jim