• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

oscuro

Drake

i wasn't sure if i should start a new thread about this or put it in the ligero thread, but i went with starting a new one. what does oscuro mean?

El Rey Del Mundo Robusto "Oscuro" is a great cigar. I'm actually going to purchase a box from JR today.

coventrycat86 said:
Darker than maduro, double maduro, etc. ;)
[snapback]200496[/snapback]​

What CC said. It is essentially the darkest wrapper available. Now, different manufacturers have different definitions of what makes a cigar an oscuro. La Flor Dominicana's oscuros naturals are pretty darn dark as are the JR Ultimate Oscuros. The ERDM oscuros (robusto, robusto larga, etc.) are usually not as dark, looking more like a typical maduro.

On the otherhand, I have seen some maduros that could easily be classified as oscuro, but are not called that by the manufacturer. Some Series Rs come to mind.

Now, what kind of tobacco is it? That is another question. LFD uses an Ecuadoran leaf and a "secret" aging process to come up with the oscuro natural. Many manufacturers start with a Conn Broadleaf to get their oscuros. I've seen some Costa Rican and Brazilian wrappers that I would easily qualify as oscuro.

Hope this helps.

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
think the translation means "black" [?]

anyways, love Rocky Patel's "The Edge" oscuros
[snapback]200768[/snapback]​

It actually means "dark" in Spanish.