• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Other Forums you visit

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
I have a few other hobbies that I enjoy as I know most of us on here do. I am curious to know what other hobbies / pursuits / passions / or obessions you are are into.

Of course no other board comes close to the family bond that I feel here.

Home Brew Talk This is my Home brewing board that I use. The members are just as friendly and helpful as those here, but it still is not CP :blush:

Tim

I do some hunting and there is a forum we use to coordinate our public land hunting trips. That's pretty much the only other forum I frequent on a regular basis everyday.

I also enjoy playing golf when I can find the time and an occasional game of Texas Hold 'Em.

Right now my main hobby is spending time with my one year old daughter. :thumbs:

edit: to add more hobbies

I also have a saltwater fish tank and visit Reefcentral.com a lot. It is huge and tons of information, but not much of a family feel. More like an information clearing house.

Cp is the only forum I actively participate in. I joined a couple of others but feel quite at home here.
As far as hobby's go I am a chillie freak a self taught gourmet chef :whistling:
Play the bass guitar, enjoy tasting real beer.
I used to collect wine and Port, but drank it all. I figured life is too short and you cant take it with ya.

I only visit CP these days, but in the past I regularly checked thumpertalk.com for my dirt bike hobby, yzf-r1forum.net for my street bike hobby, wera.com for my motorcycle racing hobby, and cyclingforums.com for my bicycling hobby. I wrote hobby, but each of these were/are more like obsessions.

Web and database programming are another hobby of mine, so I'm active on the DevShed.com forums. I run my own forum for supporting a program I wrote, but I haven't released any code since 2005, so it's fairly inactive.

Hi

I like to travel so I hang out at travel forums such as tripadvisor.com and fodors.com. I also like my Harley so I hang out on some Harley forums here in Norway :)

Where would I find the time to go anywhere else?

Brian

I only post on CP but read other forums only depending on my newest interests. This is the finest group on the internet for sure!

Where would I find the time to go anywhere else?

Brian

I visit CF on occasion, but I don't post there very often. It's mainly just to see what some of the MN CF guys are up to. I've smoked with some of them, they're cool. Nothing else though.

Oh yeah, X2 on what Brian said.

Does the CP chatroom count as a different forum, because I spend a lot of my time there. :laugh:

When I used to have some free time I loved to bass and crappie fish. I belong to a good bass fishing forum called bassresources.

Other than that I can be found playing poker online at a couple of different sites.

I change hobbies like I change clothes it seems. Car audio, home audio/video (got kinda bored with that one), Ar15.com, XDtalk.com, 2+2forums.com, cardrunners.com, Nasioc.com for the subie, and tons more. But, the main forum now is CP, and has been for almost a year! lol. I rarely frequent any other boards now.

Don

I've been a member at BF2Combat.net (Battlefield 2 Combat) for the past 3 years. It is a gaming community that revolves around, you guessed it, Battlefied 2. There are different armies and everyone is connected via headsets using Teamspeak. There are two 10-hour battles each week (Thursday and Sunday) with your army vs one of the other 3. I no longer play, but have graduated to a Forum Administrator due to time constraints. Needless to say, I was heavily addicted to this awhile back.

Geoff

As my wife would undoubtedly agree, I waste a lot of time online when I'm supposed to be doing my schoolwork.

I'm very active (compulsively active?) on a skateboarding/skateboard collecting forum--it's mainly children of the '70s and '80s (though we've got plenty of guys who grew up in the '60s, and a few from the '50s and '90s) reliving their salad days by purchasing their childhood one deck at a time and by talking and skating with other "older" skateboarders.

I'm on another skateboarding/longboarding forum mainly just to coordinate our weekly sessions. The rest of the site is overrun with pubescent know-it-alls and young college kids (with plenty of blind sycophants thrown in for good measure) who think they know everything because they've been skating for a whole year or two.

I lurk a few Fighting Illini sports boards, but there's a weird schism between boards regarding support for the coach (I can't believe any, let alone how many, want him gone), focus on recruiting, and a whole host of other things. The last couple of seasons really hurt the quality of the message boards. Many people expect that we should be in the National Championship game every year and that anything less than that is unacceptable. I mainly just lurk for news and tidbits with an occasional irresistible snide comment thrown in here and there. Living 1500 miles away from the campus, the interweb keeps me abreast of the news, but honestly, it also makes me a little ashamed to be an Illinois fan. A small but vocal minority of our fanbase are real turds.

I post on the Kansas sports off-topic board. I no longer harbor any particular ill will at KU for stealing Coach Self, and the Illinois off-topic boards either have obnoxious interfaces, obnoxious fans, or are almost entirely political in nature.

I occasionally lurk or abuse the search function at NASIOC and legacygt.com but I really don't post. I don't know a whole lot about the mechanical aspect of cars (just how to drive them) and the one time I posted at NASIOC looking for guidance I got chastized and flamed, just as I expected I would. Many of those guys seem like real dicks.

I've been lurking and abusing the crap out of the search function at radardetector.net and other assorted stealth-related sites lately as well. I'm not a radar/laser hobbyist or enthusiast, but I do enjoy driving fast so I try to keep abreast of all the stuff I need to know. I just got a V1 (anyone want to buy my Bel 995???) and am likely going to be installing a Laser Interceptor system soon as long as I can make a decent amount of money on a few skateboard decks I've got up on ebay right now.

I also occasionally lurk or abuse the search function at a forum for greyhound owners--particularly those with retired racers. They're very unique and occasionally high-maintenance pets (think of owning a Ferrari with 30,000 miles on it...) and the people are kind but a little batty (there is no shortage of posts deliberately written as if the dog had somehow learned to type phonetically, for example) so I mainly just go there when we've got questions or concerns about our dogs. It is fun to look at all the pictures of the members' dogs though.

I am not active on any other cigar forums.

I think that's about it.

Cp is the only forum I actively participate in. I joined a couple of others but feel quite at home here.
As far as hobby's go I am a chillie freak a self taught gourmet chef :whistling:
Play the bass guitar, enjoy tasting real beer.
I used to collect wine and Port, but drank it all. I figured life is too short and you cant take it with ya.

For a minute, I thought you were me!
I, too, love chiles and have a couple of nice New Mexico's and Habanero's waiting to go into a new batch of salsa. If you don't already suscribe, check out Chile Pepper magazine. Great reading and great recipe's.
I got a brand new guitar for Christmas, but haven't had the chance to play much...
We also offer almost 300 different micro/import beers at my store, and I'm really into Belgian White ale's lately, especially with the hot weather here.
I'm also a BBQ freak... and appreciate all kinds, especially Texas style brisket, Memphis style dry rubbed ribs, and North Carolina pulled pork with the vinegar based sauce.
But my favorite hobby/passtime/interest is being a dad. There is absolutely nothing cooler in the whole, wide world.

CP is the only forum on which I actively participate. However, I occasionally read many of the other cigar forums, the eBob wine forum, some Merc forums, and a USPSA shooting forum. None compare to the CP community though!

I visit a few other forums

race-dezert.com feeds my desert racing addiction. Full of asshats that have no desire to use spell check or proper grammar. They use words like coarse when talking about the race course. They have real issues with They're, there, and their. UGH

The place is WAY over moderated

I also visit some technical stuff
www.tek-tips.com for when I am stumped

I am an admin on my high school alumni message boards http://nths-saxonalumni.org/ I just clean out spam and stuff
Site needs way more work it is getting better. Chuck Norris went to my school!

I don't visit any other cigar boards though. NO NEED

This is home!

I'm also a BBQ freak... and appreciate all kinds, especially Texas style brisket, Memphis style dry rubbed ribs, and North Carolina pulled pork with the vinegar based sauce.

We will see if we can't fix whatever is wrong with you the next time you are in KC. Let me know if you're ever this way and I'll show what the best bbq tastes like. :laugh: