• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón 1926 Serie No. 9 Natural

oracle202

This is a transcript from the post for those who don't like to make the jump. For those who are brave enough to leave CP, the real site is here.

Padrón 1926 Serie No. 9 Natural

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Cigar Stars Rating: 9.6

First off, I feel bad not having reviewed a bad cigar (or what I would consider a bad cigar) on this blog yet. Frankly, since I started it all the cigars I have been smoking have been really fantastic. The only real poor rating so far has been the Romeo y Julieta Vintage III cigar, and even that cigar didn’t drop into the 7 point category. But I have some interesting and very new (to me at least) cigars coming up this week and next and I have a feeling my luck must change sometime.

This cigar is not going to change the trend though. Not by a long shot. This cigar was rated Best Cigar of the Year by Cigar Aficionado, and after smoking several of these both before and after that rating, I would say it is quite simply a no brainer. The Padrón’s are unlike any other cigar makers out there right now. As far as I am concerned, they are the bar at its highest. They are the only company who make consistently great cigars, and not just in taste, but also in construction. Their box pressed 1926 and 1964 Series are always of impeccable quality. I have yet to have a single draw or burn problem with a Padrón cigar, and I’ve smoked at least sixty of them by now.

This particular size is my favorite. Not too short, not too long, but just right. And unlike the more infamous 80th perfecto, the price is just right too. At $18 MSRP (and God knows what in your local B&M, I paid $23 a stick for my recent acquisitions) it’s certainly not cheap. But for what you get, it’s right on the money. You simply can’t get a better smoke for less.

The cut, light, and draw of this baby was perfect; so lets just move on to what you really want to know about, the taste. To me, Padróns have a very distinct flavor profile and no other cigars come close. Pre-light tastes of good-ol-fashioned aged tobacco, maybe tea leaves as well. It’s cedary and a tad spicy out of the gate, but then mellows down within the first inch to open up to some beautiful black cherry, roasted nut notes. Halfway brings on espresso, coffee bean, and dark chocolate flavors, all notably sweet, but in that subtle Padrón way. The finish is a mile long and holds strong with a dryer, cocoa-like note.

This cigar doesn’t disappoint. And if it does, email me and I will happily take any extras you might have off your hand.

I smoked one last week while in my favorite B&M, thought it was a very good smoke. BTW, anyone looking to pick one or more up at MSRP, Jack Schwartz had them in stock when I was there last week.

I was very impressed with the #9. I have smoked a 40th, 80th and this one in the last week and all were superb, pricey, but superb.

My favorite is the #35 maddie, but I haven't had a Serie '26 that I haven't enjoyed yet. Nice write up.

oracle202,

You've been asked to refrain from promoting your site here. If you continue to do it, you will be banned.

You're welcome to contribute to CP, however using this site as your personal marketing tool goes against our rules and culture.

Please abide by our rules.

Regards,
Rod

This is a transcript from the post for those who don't like to make the jump. For those who are brave enough to leave CP, the real site is here.

I am not sure where you are coming from saying something like this. :angry:

I checked your site out, and it is not really that good mate.

I am not sure where you are coming from saying something like this. :angry:

I checked your site out, and it is not really that good mate.

Its a damn blog... everyone and his uncle has one these days, all he had to do was put a link to his blog in his sig and stated at the end of the review that his other cigar related material and reviews could be found at the link below.

Less mess and stress, and the Admin wouldn't be warning him, while waving the ban stick in his face.

As far as Oracle's reviews go they aren't too bad, but he needs to lose his blow hard opinion of himself.

"...brave enough to leave CP" What an a$$!

Doc.

I see this young man is a frustrated writer but come on! Who is going to take you seriously when you write copy like that? Why would we jump to a blog, when this is a community? We have plenty of guys with blogs here that are pretty good. So why the BS tag line?

No matter what site ...if the owner asks to refrain - then refrain.
Even so, I don't go to the neighbors party and tell the guest to, 'come on over...it's nicerer over here'!

Where's freebern's 'DICK' when you need it!

StinkiMonki, guaranteed never to click "HERE"

In regards to the admins post,

I am sincerely sorry if I have offended anyone here at CP by my latest entry. It was a playful and off-the-cuff comment that was really only meant as a playful dig to NullHerf, one of the members who had given me grief on my first post. I have NO goal or desire to drive users away from this site and to my blog. That would be simply ridiculous. They are two completely different entities entirely. I was simply trying to gain feedback on my blog posts from users such as yourselves. I do not post here simply to promote my blog. I may be a very new user but I have already posted replies on many different discussions completely unrelated to reviews. If it would please the board I would be happy to remove my disclaimer before the reviews that has caused such a stir. If you guys would rather me not post here at all, then I will quietly leave and post somewhere else. I am not looking to offend anyone.

Respectfully,

Anthony

p.s. thank you to the users who have given me real feedback on my writing. it has been, and is, much appreciated. and you can and will see my formats change accordingly. if i had known that little sentence was to cause such a stir I obviously wouldn't have written it in the first place.

The problem is you shouldn't have taken Bruce's (Nullsmurf) comment in your other thread as an insult to begin with. He certainly didn't mean it that way and what he brought up was a valid concern.

Your response to him was uncalled for and made you instantly a Pariah with those of us who consider Bruce a friend (thats almost all of us ;) ).

Here is an example of another member who does a blog and posts reviews here...

See how he isn't blatantly plugging his blog? Follow in his footsteps and you won't have anymore problems here, at least in regards to your reviews.

Shawn

1.) You do in fact want people to go to your site, otherwise you wouldn't have listed your site in your signature (which I already removed), nor would you preface all of your reviews with a large/bold link to your site.

2.) Your blog contains Google ad's, which as you know are there to make you money. When someone clicks on a google ad, you receive commission. So, why wouldn't you want people to go to your site?

You're welcome to remain a member, however don't continue to plug your blog.

All you fockers got a stick up your ass!

I tried to tell you, junior. :laugh:

Editing your posts to conform to forum rules (remove the links) would be a nice gesture.

If you want to improve your learning curve, stick around.

Your response to him was uncalled for and made you instantly a Pariah with those of us who consider Bruce a friend (thats almost all of us ;) ).
Uh, excuse me. I'm not sure I like Bruce.

Awwwww, who am I kidding? I love the big lug. Come over here and gimme a hug! :)

Oh, BTW, oracle. In your personal profile, there's a place to type in your website. That would be the appropriate place to put the URL for your blog.

Wilkey