• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón Puros Gold (50th Anniversary)

...if, and I do mean if there's a box split, it'll be announced when the sticks are available.  Keep yer eyes open, gents....

That should be amazing, and pricey!

"Will work for Padrons" should be my new mantra :D

These are expected to be released around September, so we've got plenty of time.

uptown_isy said:
These are expected to be released around September, so we've got plenty of time.

Plenty of time to roll over one of my ROTH IRA's into Jorge Padron's name! :laugh:

I'd love to get in on a group buy as well.... That is if the price is crazy stupid for a full box.

jfields said:
I'd love to get in on a group buy as well.... That is if the price is crazy stupid for a full box.
I'll bet crazy is a pretty close discription.

Millenium's were about $40 a stick out of the gate.  Just try to buy one now.....

I'd not sell the one I have left at any price; it's a fantastic smoke.  I'll bet these are some of those "once in a lifetime" sticks.....we will see.

I checked with the Padrons, and this cigar is NOT being called Puros Gold.  I took that info from what used to considered to be a reliable cigar review/news site.  The Padrons confirmed that they have no idea where these bloggers got the name from.  Most likely, it'll just be called the 50th anniversary.

uptown_isy said:
I checked with the Padrons, and this cigar is NOT being called Puros Gold.  I took that info from what used to considered to be a reliable cigar review/news site.  The Padrons confirmed that they have no idea where these bloggers got the name from.  Most likely, it'll just be called the 50th anniversary.

Pretty straight forward name, LOL.  Sort of like the #35, which takes 35 minutes to smoke.

A long time ago in a far far away land I split a box of Padron 1926 Serie No. 1 with Swifty. I must say I smoked one of the last of those cigars last summer and it did not dissapoint. Maybe Khris can remember what year that was but that was a most excellent cigar from the Padron's. Look forward to burning a few of these when they do come out.

As for Millies I've smoked my fair share of the natural and maduros and have yet to be dissapointed. If I can remember correctly I have one natural and a few maduros left. I should have bought more when a certain software guy made some available way back when.

I've only smoked one Padron Milli Nat, and it was very, very good. Did it make me see Jesus? Nope, but it was still one of the best cigars I've ever had. I had it on my wedding day to celebrate, and it was a gift from the late Souldog....which, thinking back, made it that much better.

I've only smoked a few aged 2K's and 3K's and found the long nap hadn't done them any favors - the cigars had lost a lot of their taste and strength.

SharpNJ said:
I've only smoked a few aged 2K's and 3K's and found the long nap hadn't done them any favors - the cigars had lost a lot of their taste and strength.

I have a box of 2006 Padron 2000 maddies that are unbelievable.  I've smoked a few each year from the box and can say with good confidence they have improved over the past 8 years.  I only have like 3 or 4 left though, so my experiment on them will end this year most likely.

Braxton Dumesnil said:
Buy a two one for me and one for seller lol
What?

You should head over to the intro forum and introduce yourself so we can get to know you.

Paul