• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Cigars - amazing smokes

This is definitely a great discussion to have. I agree, that I have never had a bad Padron. What is so amazing to me is that this is not only the case when I smoke a 40th or 80th Anniversary, but also in any of the x000 lines. The fact that the company takes as much pride in their $4 line of cigars as their $20+ line of cigars says a lot about the company.
I will always have some sort of Padron in my humi.

Dave

Rod, these are terrible cigars, people should stay away from them!

A lot of time I find myself standing in the humidor of my B&M looking over the selection and trying to decide what I want to buy. I will look at some $8-10 stick, and think to myself, for the same price I could buy 2-3 padron 2K maduros. I'm sure I've missed out on several good cigars by passing them up, but I don't feel bad about it.

Also, after having met Jorge Padron, and talking to him, the family behind the cigars is just as good at the cigars themselves. It is certainly easy to understand why their product is such high quality, because you get the impression that they wouldn't have it any other way.

If you ever have an opportunity to sit and have a cigar (or several :cool: ) with Jorge Padron, it will all make sense. He's good people. He's genuine. He's all about family. He's modest. He's a chip off the old block, and he and his father run the show; and I would gather they take care of their people, and in turn get good rollers/field hands.

I'd personally rather hang with Jorge than Carlito any day. Carlito shows up in a suit. Jorge shows up in jeans and a white shirt, untucked and sleeves rolled up.

One other note: Padron has an ad many of you have probably seen: the hammer. The hammer tells the Padron story well, and they are all about it.

The Padron-a-Dor.........

gallery_4584_442_22470.jpg

.....nuff said.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I've found that the tatuaje brand's la riqueza smokes very well with a very similar taste profile. The construction is also top notch. I have yet to smoke a Padron or La Riqueza that I did not like, or one with a bad burn/draw.

I'll also add that the Padron 2000 maddies were my first box purchase. This week I'll be making my second box purchase for the Padron anni line. Not sure which yet!

Hands down when it comes to consistency I've yet to find a better brand than Padron.

Best thread ever... ;)

I smoke A LOT of Padron cigars. They are hands down the best cigars in production for my tastes. I'll take a Padron over anything else unless the anything else is something I've not tried. I've yet to find a smoke that hits me like a PAM Exclusivo. The Millenium maduro hit the spot, but I don't really include those as I'll likely never see another...

x 8 or so. Having only had a few of the higher end Padron's I will only say they were amazing. It is nice to know that a stick will be well made when your spending 12-20 dollars on it. Having smoked more than a few of the X000's series, both natural and maduro, I must say that I did have one burn poorly. That of course was entirely my fault as I was drinking and set in down on a wet plate. Honestly one of the best values that I have found in my short-time smoking cigars and I owe it all to the members here at CP and their advice.

Brandon

What a coincidence.....
....... In my experience, I have had few if any construction or flavor issues with any Opus as well.

You've never had to relight/touch up an Opus X? I too am an Opus fiend (great along with isoms to smoke between Padrons :laugh: ) but especially fresh I find that I can't set the lighter aside till I've nubbed it. Also, with the exception of some 80ths, Padrons have always been as ready to smoke as they need to be from day 1.

Padron are amazing. I have a box of maduro exclusivos and maduro londres, which btw, has to be the best smoke for the money - bar none.

dam, this thread is making me order some more Padrons

Very early on in my cigar smoking youth the Maduro Exclusivo became a favorite and try as I might it has yet to be dethroned. Consistent, well constructed, full of flavor and smoke. Brilliant! :thumbs:

This thread inspired my second Padron box purchase, PAM Exclusivo. Looking like 250 well spent.