• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Cigars - amazing smokes

I just smoked a Padron 1964 Principe from 2005, it was incredible. I think I may have to let the two boxes of Padrons I have now age for another year or two.

You know, it's funny, but I was thinking the exact same thing today. With my morning coffee, I had a '64 Principe in natural wrap. This has to be one of if not my all time favorite "AM with coffee smoke". It burned and drew flawlessly. The taste was complex, and complemented the fresh coffee exceptionally. I recall sitting outside in the AM sun thinking if I had to pick one and only one brand of smokes to have going forward, this would be it. I'm lucky enough to have a wide range of Padron in the cabinet. From the 2000's through the '64's and '26's, the Milleniums and the 80th's, this is an amazing line of smokes. They always have been and always will be well represented in my cabinet.... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

After reading this I thought, that sounds good I have a box of those. Made a pot of coffee and went to the back deck.

Now I'm on my second day of the new routine.

Thanks B.B.S. :laugh:

I had the exact same smoke on Wednesday. Padron 1964 with a little age on it. I have to say it was slow on the start flavorwise but it became one of the best smokes I have had in a while. I too never had to touch it up. Now I'll have to hunt some down.

Edit to say: it was a maduro.

Like so many have already stated, you can't beat Padron for quality and consistency. The Padron Family Blend is probably the best cigar I have ever smoked in my life.

OK, I'm kind of a n00b still and have never had a Padron <insert gasp here>. Where would be the best place to get a good price on some (5-packs would be best). So far, I've gotten all my cigars from CI and CBid.

Thanks

OK, I'm kind of a n00b still and have never had a Padron <insert gasp here>. Where would be the best place to get a good price on some (5-packs would be best). So far, I've gotten all my cigars from CI and CBid.

Thanks

I would start by checking with any of the vendors that support CP. Padrons are not particularly hard to find so most of them would have them in stock. The padron 2000 maduros should run you about $4-5 a stick, with the anniversary lines starting at about $9 all the way up to $20. Or if you have a cigar store in your area, most of them carry (or should carry) Padrons.

I had a 2000 maduro today that kinda sucked.. Was rolled very loose, wrapper was unravelling a bit, and just wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. The flavour was still decent but the construction was horrible.. O well, there is a first time for everything and the odds of it happening again are pretty slim.

You folks sure have a penchant for the obvious.

Doc.

I had my first 2000 today and I have to say it was a great smoke. Burned well and had a good flavor. I will be buying more for sure. Now I have to go this weekend when I have some more money and buy a 1964 and let it age for a bit before trying that one.

It appears almost everyone likes the Padron cigars. Many say they are even better with a year or more on them. How long does it take until they are good as opposed to great?

I ask because several months ago I picked up a 2000 maduro at a B&M and smoked it about a week later. The draw and burn were very good but it was also very harsh. It was probably a fairly new cigar since this B&M really moves a lot of stock.

I have two more that have been in the humidor for around two months. Should these have mellowed a bit or does that take a lot longer? They are stored at 68F and 65% RH. I wanted to wait a year and try them but all the talk about how good they are is moving them closer to the flame.

It appears almost everyone likes the Padron cigars. Many say they are even better with a year or more on them. How long does it take until they are good as opposed to great?

I ask because several months ago I picked up a 2000 maduro at a B&M and smoked it about a week later. The draw and burn were very good but it was also very harsh. It was probably a fairly new cigar since this B&M really moves a lot of stock.

I have two more that have been in the humidor for around two months. Should these have mellowed a bit or does that take a lot longer? They are stored at 68F and 65% RH. I wanted to wait a year and try them but all the talk about how good they are is moving them closer to the flame.
What do you usually smoke?

I've never had a harsh Padron of any kind even fresh from a B&M humidor. I've smoked 2000 maduros out of boxes less than a month old.

If you usually smoke silky smooth CT shade wrapped mild cigars the sun grown goodness of these Nicaraguan puros may hit you a little differently.

I'm thinking the same way as Alan on this one.

Like Alan I've never had a harsh Padron whether it be a 1926 or a 2000 with age or straight out of the B&M.

Is there a chance your not accustomed to stronger cigars? Or perhaps you generally smoke mostly non Nicaraguan cigars, Nicaraguan tobacco is definitely different than Dominican, Cuban, Honduran, or anything else.

I am new to smoking cigars on a regular basis but the 3 or so Padrons that I have had were not harsh at all. In fact I just got done smoking one and it was great.

I'll keep the Padron love-fest going...

The x000s are my go-to cigars. You can't beat them for the value and they are ALWAYS spot on. I also love the 26 Serie and just placed an order for a box of #2 Belicoso Maduros for celebrating the arrival of my daughter next month. I could think of no other smoke that I would rather pass out in commemorating the event.

Barry

What do you usually smoke?

I've never had a harsh Padron of any kind even fresh from a B&M humidor. I've smoked 2000 maduros out of boxes less than a month old.

If you usually smoke silky smooth CT shade wrapped mild cigars the sun grown goodness of these Nicaraguan puros may hit you a little differently.

I'm thinking the same way as Alan on this one.

Like Alan I've never had a harsh Padron whether it be a 1926 or a 2000 with age or straight out of the B&M.

Is there a chance your not accustomed to stronger cigars? Or perhaps you generally smoke mostly non Nicaraguan cigars, Nicaraguan tobacco is definitely different than Dominican, Cuban, Honduran, or anything else.

Lately I have been leaning toward medium to medium full strength cigars. Some that I have smoked recently and enjoyed are Olive Series O Maduro, CAO Brazilia, JR Ultimate, Punch Champion, and a few others I can’t think of right now. Are the Padron’s that much stronger than these?

Maybe I got the one in a million bad Padron’s, or maybe my taste buds were off that day. Guess I’ll try another one and see.

I've smoked a lot of cigars over the years, however the one cigar that I can honestly say smokes the best, is the Padron. I've been smoking a lot of Padron's lately, and tonight smoked a 1964 Anniversary Series Pyramid. As you may know, it's a pretty big smoke. Took me 1 1/2 hours to finish (nub'd this one). When I say Padron's smoke the best, what I mean is, not only are they tasty, but I NEVER (and I mean NEVER) have to relight or even touch up the cigar! To me, this is amazing. The Padron is the lowest maintenance cigar I've smoked.

I think I'll start stocking up on some Padron's. What other cigars would you say smoke as well as a Padron? There are a lot of good cigars out there, but I have yet to find one that requires no touch up.

I'm a huge fan of Padron 1964 (and recently ordered a 1926). It's the only cigar I've ever given a 10/10 for my own little cigar rating book (where I keep my bands and thoughts on the cigars I've tried). Like you, it's also the only cigar I've never had to relight or touch up. It was perfect from start to finish.

Davidoff comes close but if I had to chose between the two, I'd be choosing the Padron.

I remember when I first started smoking cigars I went into a local B&M and asked what was a good smoke for the money. He gave me a PAN Imperial. I was completely overwhelmed with this stick, it was bold, tasty and knocked my socks off. I couldn't even finish it, seeing how I was getting green by the power of it.

Since then if I ever have a bad stick I always go to a Padron 64/26 and am NEVER disappointed. I just placed my ordered today for a PAM Imperial, and I know I will be aging them for a least a year or two. Another thing I like about the Padron's is the fact that they're aged and smoke amazing right out of the box. I really am looking forward to meeting Jorge Padron at the Big Smoke in Vegas this year.

I was thinking of picking up a box of Londres (I've tried a couple of 2000's from a trade, THANK YOU, you know who you are), but I see that the Londres are occasionally reviewed significantly worse than the rest of the 000's series. Is there a reason why?

Edit: can't spell today.

I was thinkin of picking up a box of Londres (I've tried a couple of 2000's from a trade, THANK YOU, you know who you are), but I see that the Londres are occasionally reviewed significantly worse than the rest of the 000's series. Is there a reason why?

It's only one source, but this review of the Londres might be helpful. Part of Keepers of the Flame's Padron series roundup. Pretty interesting vertical tastings/reviews of the entire standard Padron line.

According to this set of reviews they burn pretty hot and don't hold the flavor of the other vitolas. I've only smoked one before, so don't really know if that's true or not.

Hope that helps...