• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Cigars

IMHO Padrons are the best cigars coming out of Nicaragua in terms of overall quality and consistency across its different cigar lines. Can't be beat. Don't get me wrong, there are other good NCs, but not on the scale that Padron does it.

This past week, I smoked one of the 2000 maduros that Alan and I did a split on a while back (how long ago was that Alan?), and it was a really good smoke, especially when it got down to the last third. What a finish! But to be honest, I'm not really drawn to Padron cigars that much. I've had some that were really excellent cigars, however I've had others that were just very bland to my palate. I don't recall ever having a plugged Padron, however I do know that I've had some that the draw was far too loose, which is almost as bad as too tight a draw.

I'm going to put fire to several I've got in the humi over the next week since I'm on vacation. :D

This past week, I smoked one of the 2000 maduros that Alan and I did a split on a while back (how long ago was that Alan?)...blah, blah, blah. :p :p :p

According to my records, October 2007.

This past week, I smoked one of the 2000 maduros that Alan and I did a split on a while back (how long ago was that Alan?), and it was a really good smoke, especially when it got down to the last third. What a finish! But to be honest, I'm not really drawn to Padron cigars that much. I've had some that were really excellent cigars, however I've had others that were just very bland to my palate. I don't recall ever having a plugged Padron, however I do know that I've had some that the draw was far too loose, which is almost as bad as too tight a draw.

I'm going to put fire to several I've got in the humi over the next week since I'm on vacation. :D

Sorry to hear you had some bland ones.

Speaking of maduros... I don't smoke cigars too often. So when I grab 10 or even 5 stogies of cbid it takes me a while to finish the lot. The 10 Padron maduros I purchased last year are probably the only lot of cigars that I ever actually finished. So ironically, as much as I enjoy them, there are none left in hum humidor :rolleyes:

I don't recall ever having a plugged Padron, however I do know that I've had some that the draw was far too loose, which is almost as bad as too tight a draw.

One of the 1st times I have disagreed with you Greg. When I smoke something with a loose draw I still get a reasonable amount of smoke and flavor as apposed to one that is plugged.

If you ever decide to sell your bland loose drawing Padrons please let me know. :whistling:

Hey guys.

I wanted to take a moment to recognize Padron. It seems to me that every cigar they produce is a quality product. From the regular Padron line all the way to the pricey Millennium. Does any other general market cigar manufacturer have a line that competes?

Daniel

Padron? My favs--especially the Maddies.

I tend to agree on Padron, even though I can honestly say I do not smoke as many of them as I do Pepins, LFDs and a smattering of others. But I am working my way through a batch of Padron churchill maduros I bought about 2 years ago and have to say they are the best "bargain" cigar I have ever had. I think I paid about $3 apiece for them and they are simply wonderful - really best in the regular Padron line, IMO.

Padrons are fantastic for the price. I have had the occasional one that's too loose, but never plugged.

That said, I do smoke much more stuff from Pepin, Tat, Padilla... but there is a bigger price tag on those compared to the x000 lines.

The only cigar I have bought by the box, consistent and burn well. Good flavor. As Lurch told me when I started, you can't go wrong with a Padron.

I am gonna go along with the majority here. The regular Padron line is great especially for the price point. The 26 maddies are consistantly the best cigars out there IMHO. The 80ths and the 45ths are amazing if you are celebrating or if you don't mind dropping some cash.

I'm a huge Padron and Peplin fan. But the Padron start it all for me. My first hand roll cigar was the Padron 3000. My first full-bodied cigar was the 80th. I'm very fortunate to enjoy the 1926 pretty often. My two best friends bday is this week. So I'm treating them to a 45th this Sunday.

Did I mention I love Padron? :sign:

I've never had a bad Pardon as far as appearance, draw, or smoking pleasure. They are consistant and always find at least 1 or 2 '64's in my humi's. Sad part is I only have 3 left and I'm aching to pickup a few more.

I have a box of every single line out there (except the Mill and 80th). I love it how even though there is a huge difference between each of them, you can honestly tell it is a Padron.

This thread just makes me want to go smoke some or atleast look at them.