• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio Cutters

Sockmonkey

I am wanting a palio cutter for christmas can anyone direct me to the best place to purchase this.?

I was gifted the black Palio a couple of years ago, have used it almost everyday and it is still in excellent condition, and you can't beat that deal Rod posted.

Ken

I keep looking at these and I am tempted to pull the trigger however, I own a Xikar and I picked up a Tatuaje Cutter to take to work and kick around all-purpose cutter. Can anyone of you provide an informed comparison between the Xikar and the Palio?

I can pick one up at Tower (in Sacramento) as Mark has them there for $36.00 no waiting (for shipping) required.

So...should I?

I picked mine up at Silo Cigars a few months back and couldn't be more pleased!

I can't really offer a comparison to the Xikar cutter. But I can say that ever since I bought the Palio I have no need to look elsewhere. The thing is so sturdy, and the blades are so sharp. I never get any fraying, and never get a bad cut. Well I have gotten a couple bad cuts but that's the fault of the operator ;) The only complaint I have is that one of the little metal badge things fell off. It doesn't really serve a purpose other than cosmetic I don't think so it's not a huge deal but that fell off after a couple days.

But I would say if you like the Xikar and it provides perfect cuts every time... then there's no reason to look elsewhere! I do use a Xikar punch that I like for when I don't have my cutter on hand, and that too provides precise incisions.

This is simple, try them both out and choose the one you feel is most comfortable. They're both fine cutters.

I have a Palio and love it. I had a problem with the first one I had and I contacted them about it. I figured I was going to speak to a sale rep, etc but I was contacted by the gentleman who runs the place. Mark was fantastic and got me a new one ASAP.

Thats my vote for Palio. Great product and they do stand 100% behind their product.

Never had a palio but I love my 2 Xicar XI3's. I think it comes down to whats comfortable in your hands. Both have lifetime warrantys, both will sharpen your blades for free. It comes down to what you prefer.

I need to bump this as I am looking for a good cutter...the question at hand is Palio or Xikar? And which model? I haven't had the opportunity to try either and I've been using the same steel one I have for over a year...

Thanks!

~ t

I was gifted a Palio by one of my cigar reps. I must say, that while Xicar makes a fine product, these Palios are GREAT. They feel much better in the hand than the Xicars. I have always sold Xicars, but I think I might have to start carrying the Palios. I've never had a problem with mine and I've had it for about 6 months or more.

I have them both, and love them both. The Palio goes with me wherever I go, since it's lighter in the pocket, and I'm not so worried about getting it scratched up. Also, the shape makes it great for setting your cigar on when there's no ashtray around.

I have a couple Xi3's that are absolutely beautiful cutters, but I don't want them getting marked up, so they stay home.

If you end up with the Xikar, make sure you register on the Xikar website, and they'll send you a cool leather pouch for it. My Palio came with one.

I got a Palio for the holiday as a present.
Its the best cutter I ever had,it cuts cigars like butter and with clean cuts.
I'm really recommending this cutter,you wont be disappoint.
However,I must say that Xikar look much better.

For those of you who have the Palio - Did you getthe polymer or burl and why? Just style. personal preference?

I overdid it, I have the original black, the burl wood and the carbon fiber. The Burl wood is my fav though, I use it all the time.

For those of you who have the Palio - Did you getthe polymer or burl and why? Just style. personal preference?

I have one that has the original black finish and one in the carbon fiber finish. I like these two finishes the best.

Man! I wish there was a B&M around here where I could go try these and see 'em up close! I'd hate to buy one then wish I had the other....what to do - what to do?? :sign: :sign: :sign:

I have one that has the original black finish and one in the carbon fiber finish. I like these two finishes the best.

I love the Palio cutters. I also love the Xikar.

You couldn't go wrong with either.

Mark