• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas SD4

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
I know I suck at these review things due to my crappy sinuses therefore lack of tastebuds but I had to write about this cigar anyway. I took it to the cigar shop without the band on it as I didn't feel like answering question about the SD4. Sure enough Jorge (Cigar_smokah) was standing next to me and noticed (I guess I should say smelled) that I was smoking something special.

It looked beautiful. The construction was near flawless. As soon as I lit it I knew I was in for a treat. The burn was absolutely perfect! It had a draw that was not too tight, not too easy, it was just right. I can't distinguish subtle flavors but there was no doubt to my palette that I was smoking a Habano. Smooth yet flavorful. I just did not want to put it down.

One of my new favorite smokes. I have a 2003 sitting in the humidor that I can't wait to have in a few years.

Isnt it funny how Habanos do that? Stong and flavorful, but smooth and never bitter?

At least the good ones. I too have a hard time finding those subtle flavors people write about- but you're right on the money, The SD4 is a great smoke- one of my fav's.

Whenever I have them- They don't make it past several months old... I just can't wait, I wonder do they get that much better after that long a time- and since the consensus is that they do- Would I be able to tell the difference between a aged (2-3 or more years) vs a 6 month to 1 year old one? ???

:thumbs: Toaster

Toaster said:
Would I be able to tell the difference between a aged (2-3 or more years) vs a 6 month to 1 year old one? ???
That is a very interesting question. I have been fortunate enough to have tried quite a few cigars that were aged anywhere from 2 - 9 years. I must say, there were some smokes in there that were a lot better at 5 years than at 1. If you think its smooth now wait a lttle bit.

My .02