• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pennsylvania bites the dust

Sounds like a fairly reasonable ban, better than some and similar to the ban in my county. What troubles me is why did they specifically exempt private residences. Was that even an option?
In some states (MN included) your private residence is included in the ban if you are self-employed and have 1 or more employees or if you use any part of your home as a meeting place for clients. So if you have a home office in the basement and every few days a client stops in your entire house is included in the ban as a "workplace."

You are also prohibited from smoking in your home if you run a child care service in your home, even "after hours."

Would that include a non-profit child care service for your own children? A sneaky way to keep any parent from smoking inside.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='679547' date='Jun 12 2008, 03:14 PM'][quote name='LilBastage' post='679147' date='Jun 11 2008, 09:06 PM'][quote name='KeithS' post='679121' date='Jun 11 2008, 09:25 PM']Sounds like a fairly reasonable ban, better than some and similar to the ban in my county. What troubles me is why did they specifically exempt private residences. Was that even an option?[/quote]
In some states (MN included) your private residence is included in the ban if you are self-employed and have 1 or more employees or if you use any part of your home as a meeting place for clients. So if you have a home office in the basement and every few days a client stops in your entire house is included in the ban as a "workplace."

You are also prohibited from smoking in your home if you run a child care service in your home, even "after hours."
[/quote]

Would that include a non-profit child care service for your own children? A sneaky way to keep any parent from smoking inside.
[/quote]
I don't know for sure but I think there are legal definitions of home "child care services" that would apply. I know they have specific criteria for licensing and all of that which would determine whether you were running a "child care service" or not.