• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Personal sharing with my CP Family

Thanks all...just keeping myself accountable to you. I owe y'all much love after so many years!

-Trey

Heyo Gents.

After much deliberation, after my last relapse, I put myself through another inpatient, only this time geared toward PTSD with the alcohol as a secondary topic. I can't even begin to tell you how dramatic some of the stuff I got out of it was. Good folks, all military, all with the same issues and underlying triggers for chemical dependency. The last six weeks have been a whirlwind of change for me. I learned and finally got to openly talk about some horrible events, J & I split and she's moved out. I'm starting a new career as an EMT/Paramedic with the goal to get enough time in to be a flight doc on rotary and fixed wing. Also going to renew my SAR SCUBA stuff and put it to use. 2 yr old Lab, Lily, is about to start SAR training for me as well. I'm about to get my FCC license for amateur/HAM radio. Morse code as a skillset, as I want to xmit on CW HF bands. Learning American Sign Language with a close friend, just 'cause I always wanted to! Restrung my guitars and cleaned amps..LET'S ROCK! Retirement is on track from Air Force after almost 2 decades...loved it until I didn't. (I still do, just done.) Time to get back to being me and my inner dork is about to shine very brightly again. Glad to be back, and for the love of God, someone explain what the heck happened to my familiar forum while I was away? Tapatalk still works for others? Where is the "view most recent posts" button? Gah! I'm a newbie again! (er...still...mea culpa) Got my SS15 kid and gonna go broke making him or her happy! OH! And Quentin is finally off to college...Colorado School of Film! Cool!

_ ._. . _._ _

Good to hear from you Trey! Sorry to hear that things were rough but good on ya for taking care of yourself. Keep it up, rooting for you.

Trey! Quentin going to college. Holy crap! The years are going by so fast! EMT sounds awesome. You have a lot to give. Follow your dreams and let that light shine, on yourself, and others.

Trey, got chills reading this! So happy to hear you've got some good stuff going for you. I don't have personal experience with either PTSD or alcoholism, but I've known a few people who have dealt with it in their families. Making big changes seems to be the only way to overcome the challenges it presents. Proud of you, my brother! And while I only understood about 25% of those abbreviations, hahaha, I'm super excited for your future journey. I have a close friend who is MP and a State Trooper and I joke with her all the time because she sometimes forgets that I don't know what all of the abbreviations mean and she'll slip them into conversation sometimes. I'll do an exaggerated nod and smile when it happens and I sorta giggled to myself reading your post as I did the same thing. Anyway! I digress. Good for you, my man.

Trey, got chills reading this! So happy to hear you've got some good stuff going for you. I don't have personal experience with either PTSD or alcoholism, but I've known a few people who have dealt with it in their families. Making big changes seems to be the only way to overcome the challenges it presents. Proud of you, my brother! And while I only understood about 25% of those abbreviations, hahaha, I'm super excited for your future journey. I have a close friend who is MP and a State Trooper and I joke with her all the time because she sometimes forgets that I don't know what all of the abbreviations mean and she'll slip them into conversation sometimes. I'll do an exaggerated nod and smile when it happens and I sorta giggled to myself reading your post as I did the same thing. Anyway! I digress. Good for you, my man.

Well hell, thanks, Bother! For the first time in 20 years I suddenly have all my spastic, eclectic passions back and am free to learn whatever I want to be good at! I have all the degrees I want..(admittedly...a Doctorate would be cool so people have to call me Doctor, but I digress). I hadn't even realized how many of my passions were stifled until they were no longer! My bookshelf has soundly doubled in inventory! Ha! I must learn ALL THE THINGS! :p

Thanks, man.

-Trey

Trey! Quentin going to college. Holy crap! The years are going by so fast! EMT sounds awesome. You have a lot to give. Follow your dreams and let that light shine, on yourself, and others.

Yep! 18 and out and about. Now, I sit back as Dad and hope to God I gave him what he needs to know to survive and thrive. Plus, I expect him to make untold riches so I can retire! :p

Good update, Trey. Sounds like things are moving along. Remember, I'm available if you need to chat.

Really great to read this, setbacks happen but the key is to never give up. It sounds like you found the treatment that was right for you...so many people only give it one shot and that's it. Keep your support system close, the first couple holiday seasons can be very weird and unfamiliar. Never hesitate to pick up the phone and talk to someone when you find yourself getting too far into your own head. Best of luck, keep it up!

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with J, but everything else sounds like the world is coming together for you. I'm very happy to hear that. We are always here if you need anything at all. Give Murph a whole box of dog treats for Ciao Bella...