• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poll... V6 or V8? Mustang

V6 or V8?

• Total voters
Hey, isnt fomoco putting a 300+ hp V6 turbo in acurrent gen mustangs? Thats definitely something to consider reasonable on,gas xonsidering hp output. US brands on the whole are starting to move toward more precisely,tuned motors due to increasing regulation pressures from the gov.. Much like so many european cars.. I remember reaading in an auto mag last year, that this coming generation of corvettes are feared to be the last v8's if things continue.. Who knows though... Anyone remember the mustang SVO from the 80's, which was fast but with a tuned out 4cyl?

Yep, no torque.

GM did the same thing with the V6 Buick Grand National. Nice, but there's nothing like V8 'cubes. Saleen and Roush have the right idea.

Ok. The pony is home... And it is a V6. All things considered... Main factor was sales "manager" completely changed his story, said he couldn't drop the price/payments in a range we wanted. Could we afford 200 more a month? YES. But... Couldn't justify not having any savings to put away for my first Stang. The HP in this puppy is great, and it is doing great on gas so far. It's a coupe, as the wife and I feeing there was ever a roll over, I will still have my head on if in a coupe. The GT awaits us in the not so distant future. By then those bad boys will be kicking EVEN MORE HP with Eco boost engines!!! Thank you all for your input. First mod, will be Cold Air Intake. Likely in the next few months. Pics soon.

C

...sales "manager" completely changed his story, said he couldn't drop the price/payments in a range we wanted.

Aaaaaaaand... that would be the end of the conversation for me. I've walked out on more than one car deal before over changing stories. One was by a difference of only $2.00. When a car dealer states a deal, they stick to it. End of story.

Glad you got a car you liked, though, and a price you are comfortable with. The new Mustangs are pretty nice looking cars and the performance of new V-6 engines is nothing to sneeze at.

Nice job. After the cold air intake get some MRT exhaust and make that bitch sound like a V8!

Ok. The pony is home... And it is a V6. All things considered... Main factor was sales "manager" completely changed his story, said he couldn't drop the price/payments in a range we wanted. Could we afford 200 more a month? YES. But... Couldn't justify not having any savings to put away for my first Stang. The HP in this puppy is great, and it is doing great on gas so far. It's a coupe, as the wife and I feeing there was ever a roll over, I will still have my head on if in a coupe. The GT awaits us in the not so distant future. By then those bad boys will be kicking EVEN MORE HP with Eco boost engines!!! Thank you all for your input. First mod, will be Cold Air Intake. Likely in the next few months. Pics soon.

C

f316d6bf-7a73-4f5b-83e0-7a6509d0e776.jpg

Good one, but hell no I would never be caught dead looking like that mofo. WTF????
I can wait, and will wait till were done with debt in 2 years give or take and I could walk out with a Shelby at that time if I want. They sure are nice. Seriously, completely satisfied with my pony, and as was mentioned by others,, I don't feel the need to compensate. Finances in life are priority numero uno. No good finances means you can't get what you want out of life. and Early retirment is the goal. Were looking to walk in to the same dealer in a couple years and pick up new Pony, and new F-150 to replace 06 Explorer. Good things come to those who wait.. Did I mention I spent 2 years researching the hell out of the Mustangs?

Stangphoto.jpg

'12 V6 Black with Black stripe, rear decklid spoiler.

Currently getting 16.6 MPG and it is increasing.

C

Way to go!!! Black is a pain to keep clean but looks the best when clean. Congrats man!!

What...you wouldn't be caught with the pony?

:sign:

Sharp looking car!

Congrats on the purchase.

Great purchase, I knew you were a sensible fellow. :thumbs: :)