• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Post value and thread meltdowns

Truth is told my first post was serious. I was disappointed that almost no one agreed and thought I was thin skinned. I am 58 years old; I was born and raised in NYC. I did 1 tour in VN. I worked in NYC for 25 years. I raised 5 kids and I own my own business. I am not thinned skinned or ultra sensitive. I just thought it would be nice to treat each other a little better then we do around here. I was told that we need protection from newbies with ulterior motives from the FOGS. Maybe we do, but I still feel we could do it better. My previous post was to show how a negative post can make you feel. It was not serious, just negative. Negative posts suck, they make people feel bad. I don't come here to feel bad I come here for fun. If you read through my profile and my posts you will see who I really am. When I came here I started as most. Posting alot adding sarcasm and joking around. I evolved to only adding posts with value, when I was called out by the FOGS. I guess the difference was they did it courteously with me. I guess I felt they could do it that way all the time.
Nice try bt. Actually your first post went after me specifically. So the whole "we, they, us" thing doesn't wash. You didn't post the kma thing as a lesson in negative posts. You posted it as a joke and now you're backpeddling. I would say you are full of shit but knowing how sensitive you are I won't. Here's a little advice for future reference: If you feel the need to post your resume to make a point, you already missed the point. Talk about spin.
You thought you'd make this grandiose statement about how things should be and how samclemmons is an asshole and you'd be a hero and everyone would agree... only they didn't and don't. You are wrong.
Thank you for your service to our country.

Now piss off.

NA

Geez, Neal... Why are you lightening up on him? "piss off" is so much more respectful than "fugg off"... ???

Truth is told my first post was serious. I was disappointed that almost no one agreed and thought I was thin skinned. I am 58 years old; I was born and raised in NYC. I did 1 tour in VN. I worked in NYC for 25 years. I raised 5 kids and I own my own business. I am not thinned skinned or ultra sensitive. I just thought it would be nice to treat each other a little better then we do around here. I was told that we need protection from newbies with ulterior motives from the FOGS. Maybe we do, but I still feel we could do it better. My previous post was to show how a negative post can make you feel. It was not serious, just negative. Negative posts suck, they make people feel bad. I don't come here to feel bad I come here for fun. If you read through my profile and my posts you will see who I really am. When I came here I started as most. Posting alot adding sarcasm and joking around. I evolved to only adding posts with value, when I was called out by the FOGS. I guess the difference was they did it courteously with me. I guess I felt they could do it that way all the time.
I read through your "profile" and there's nothing there. Where did your avatar and sig tag go?

I think he is gone, that is some shit, he backed out on our pass, Any FOG want to take his place. We need one to replace him, Thanks

That's really lame. :0 Maybe he'll find a cigar forum better suited to his disposition - my bet says he'll regret tossing in the towel here.

I'm thinking of a Queen song now.

I tend to agree with BT on the issue.

I see the word maturity being used here and there in this thread.

What is so mature about cussing out someone you do not agree with? It is possible to get a point across without being rude about it. BT voiced his opinion in another thread in a respectful manner and was slammed for it. He asked to be treated with the same amount of respect he put foward and was again slammed for it.

Go back and read his comment that started this mess. He stated his views in a respectful manner and has been shown none in return.

Where is the maturity in a failure to show simple courtesy to a BOTL? I do not care how long someone has been on a particular forum. If someone is being respectful in how they talk to you, respond in kind. If they are less than courteous, give them both barrels.

Maturity is being able to respond to a differing view in the same manner it was given.

What is so mature about cussing out someone you do not agree with? It is possible to get a point across without being rude about it. BT voiced his opinion in another thread in a respectful manner and was slammed for it. He asked to be treated with the same amount of respect he put foward and was again slammed for it.

Go back and read his comment that started this mess. He stated his views in a respectful manner and has been shown none in return.

Where is the maturity in a failure to show simple courtesy to a BOTL? I do not care how long someone has been on a particular forum. If someone is being respectful in how they talk to you, respond in kind. If they are less than courteous, give them both barrels.

Maturity is being able to respond to a differing view in the same manner it was given.

Simple - He was on the train tracks when the train came through... :rolleyes:

Well, I'm not with BT on this one. Once again, if people cannot handle a little criticism, comments or actions brought forth in such a way that they do not like, that to me is thin skinned. Maturity also means being able to withstand that, and not go running home with your ball. Since all this happened, Paul seems to have pulled up anchor and moved on, leaving a pass in progress. That's mature? Paul mentioned his lengthy credentials and yet he's not staying because he did not like it. Good grief... if we did that every time something happened we did not like in life, it would surely be a rough time, wouldn't it? I have had good interactions with him (my pass) and he seemed to be a good BOTL. But he also was here long enough to know that things are the way they are, and usually for a reason.

I would amend your last comment to 'Maturity is being able to respond to a differing view in a BETTER manned in which it was given'

Again, just my differing opinion. I've had them with others before, a few comments have been made, yet both parties are still here.

We really don't know his intentions, though, do we? Sometimes walking away from a disagreement is the mature thing to do. Maybe he's just taking a break, letting things get back to normal and then he'll be back. A "count to 10", if you will. Maybe not, but unless you've talked to the guy, what good is guessing or taking more digs at him?

---John Holmes...

Here's what burnt tongue said:
We all know how you feel about Wade and understand your reasons. I don't understand why you need to attack him at every turn. I would understand you protecting the community but not from a post like this. I know you are a senior FOG here and I can appreciate that, but I I think you have gone to far this time.JMHO.

Frankly Bilder, I wasn't too keen on burnt tongue’s selection of words nor his tone in that post. First off words like "all," "never," "every," and the like are almost always inaccurate and should not be used in situations like this where the author certainly has no first hand knowledge of the matter at hand. Words like "most," "almost," "hardly" and "rarely" will keep you out of trouble. ;)

burnt tongue really has NO IDEA how Neal "feel(s)" about volusinator and shouldn't be making statements like that. I'll tell ya, I honestly don't know how Neal feels about volusinator and if I don't, burnt tongue certainly doesn't either.

Now this statement, "why you need to attack him at every turn" is a huge exaggeration and crap like that raises the hair on the back of my neck when I see people post stupid statements like this. Notice how there's that word "every" in there, ya see what I mean?

Neal hardly "attacks" volusinator and it is absolutely, positively FALSE to claim that it is "at every turn."

This is one of those situations where burnt tongue probably should have just resisted the urge to put his $.02 in BUT since he felt so inclined to, he should have left out the exaggerations and wrong statements.

When you hear the train comin' - get off the tracks !

Simple - He was on the train tracks when the train came through... :rolleyes:

Hey! Get your own analogy, biatch. I demand an apology. :angry:

I am extremely sorry for slightly changing your earlier analogy and using it, even though it was spot on. I hope you can forgive me for my indiscretion and understand I won't do it again until you have another real good analogy.

Now - fugg off.

School-popcorn%20box.gif