• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Post value and thread meltdowns

We really don't know his intentions, though, do we? Sometimes walking away from a disagreement is the mature thing to do. Maybe he's just taking a break, letting things get back to normal and then he'll be back. A "count to 10", if you will. Maybe not, but unless you've talked to the guy, what good is guessing or taking more digs at him?

---John Holmes...

Not that I would wish it on him - but I certainly hope the underlying reason had to do with a death in the family or he suddenly developed and extreme illness. Short of that - it really is immature to leave the community in a huff with obligations hanging and people depending on you. Not a very wise, "respectful" or responsible thing to do....

We really don't know his intentions, though, do we? Sometimes walking away from a disagreement is the mature thing to do. Maybe he's just taking a break, letting things get back to normal and then he'll be back. A "count to 10", if you will. Maybe not, but unless you've talked to the guy, what good is guessing or taking more digs at him?

---John Holmes...

No, we don't. Only Paul knows... hopefully he is just taking a breather. But pulling out of a pass, well, that says quite a bit. He was one of the guys watching over the April Noobs pass... a first pass for many guys. At least there are a couple of others to help out, and someone will most likely take over the slot. But with luck he will take some time, relax, put it behind him and continue on.

Actually it was a metaphor.

Doc.

I met a whore once too! :)

What are you talking about - you ARE a whore (i.e. - Opus X Reserva d' Chateau) :whistling:

Now - turn off your computer and get back to your taxes... :angry:

I got 'em done and it ain't a pretty sight............

I owe the feds $2,600.00 and the state $1,100.00 ..... :0

Just means you need to turn off your computer and get back to work!!! You didn't try hard enough!!! :laugh:

i knew an old man that never had a ss#, he's been dead about 15 yrs now...

Actually it was a metaphor.

Doc.

I met a whore once too! :)

What are you talking about - you ARE a whore (i.e. - Opus X Reserva d' Chateau) :whistling:

Now - turn off your computer and get back to your taxes... :angry:

I got 'em done and it ain't a pretty sight............

I owe the feds $2,600.00 and the state $1,100.00 ..... :0

Ever thought of letting some of your clocks go to help defer some of those taxes?

He pulled out of TWO passes! I got a PM from him this morning. His message was very brief!

Really ...

No one ...

Oh, boy ...

You can click the "+ Quote" button next to each post you want to quote and then click "Post Reply" at the bottom to have all of the quotes in one post, btw. I'd make a post whore joke, but I'm sure it'd be misunderstood.

---John Holmes...

Thanks John. I was wondering how that was done. The one thing I have not figured out is how to post pictures from the net. I keep on running into that "cannot post dynamic image' message. It may take me awhile to get that down. :cool:

The one thing I have not figured out is how to post pictures from the net. I keep on running into that "cannot post dynamic image' message. It may take me awhile to get that down. :cool:

You can download the pic to your computer and then upload to a host site like photobucket. From there it will give you 3 choices...img code, url link, or html tag. Just copy the img code and paste it on your post :thumbs:

edited for poor spelling... :whistling:

I used to work for this old chef he had this little saying something like "praise is in the absence of criticism" basically your doing good if your not getting your ass chewed constantly. Basically this whole thing boils down to people not knowing when to keep their mouth shut, or their fingers still. At least thats the way I see it.

Nate

Thanks John. I was wondering how that was done. The one thing I have not figured out is how to post pictures from the net. I keep on running into that "cannot post dynamic image' message. It may take me awhile to get that down.

Right click on image, choose "copy image location", type [ img], control-V to paste image location and type [/ img]. Done. ;) That's "hotlinking" the image, though, which isn't always appreciated.

Other option is to load it to the gallery here or another image hosting service and then do what I outlined. ;)

---John Holmes...

Just upload the image(s) to CP. Much easier.

I used to work for this old chef he had this little saying something like "praise is in the absence of criticism" basically your doing good if your not getting your ass chewed constantly. Basically this whole thing boils down to people not knowing when to keep their mouth shut, or their fingers still. At least thats the way I see it.

Nate

Excellent post Nate, I think you "get it." :thumbs:

Now I hope that some don't take it as I'm condoning that they can't post or say ANYTHING at all but for cryin' out loud, if ya wanna post use some common sense, it's really not that hard.

Ya know, I didn't know Johnson and Wales had locations other than Providence. How's school going?