• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Postcard in the mail today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good example of why I don't put my address in my profile. There are a lot of wierdos out there and they could do worse things with your home address than send you junk mail. Really not a logical risk to take just to get a few cigars in the mail. You are better of PMing that type of info. Just my humble opinion. :whistling:

It's called direct marketing, advertising 101. Happens all the time. Our marketing guy did it. He also made sure stamps went on all of them. I am mind boggled how a post card would come with postage due.

If you don't like deals, throw it out. Cigar International does it, Thompson Cigar does it, JR Cigars does it. If you dont like their deals either, thrown them out. The list was of known cigar smokers. Of course there are going to be some of you on it. You smoke cigars and you obviously spend a lot of time on the internet. There were about 10,000 names on it.

Margins on cigars, due to increased competition are less and less, if you only knew what 10% off of already low prices was in this business maybe you wouldn't complain about it and appreciate it more. Many of you took a neutral stance on it and I appreciate that. I have monitored who spoke strongly against it and have made the marketing guy take you off the list.

Further, it is companies like mine that keep Cigar Pass up and running. Believe it or not, we are your sponsors. We send money to Rod each and every month to see to it that you guys can continue to write back and forth to each other and talk about what we all love, cigars. I saw some of you tearing apart the guy from Cigar One the other day also. He is also a sponsor. It is amazing what some of you write over this forum that you would never say in person.

TonyDogs said:
I don't know the guy he did try to sell me a box of Royal Jamican Gold and gave an ok deal nothing that I would jump on. He then gave a good deal on a box of Zino Platnuim series but still not enough of a break to say ok.

In the guys defense there in nothing wrong with some direct marketing. IF your on this forum you like cigars, he sell cigars. I see nothing wrong with what he did except if he did not put postage on the mail. That is some cheap a$$ thing to do, and know one wants to do biz with a broke vendor.

Thats my take
Tonydogs ;)
[snapback]217091[/snapback]​

Tonydogs,

Rational people deserve good deals.

I will sell the cigars to you at cost. I will PM you on Monday with the exact $$.

KevinWHoecker said:
Further, it is companies like mine that keep Cigar Pass up and running. Believe it or not, we are your sponsors. We send money to Rod each and every month to see to it that you guys can continue to write back and forth to each other and talk about what we all love, cigars. I saw some of you tearing apart the guy from Cigar One the other day also. He is also a sponsor. It is amazing what some of you write over this forum that you would never say in person.
[snapback]217155[/snapback]​

I don't care who you send money too or what you sponser. You are a total loser IMHO. Just because you are a sponser does not make you immune to criticism. Being a sponser carries a responsibility to act credibly. You have not. Being a sponser does not give you the right to run roughshod over BOTLs.

By the way..I would say to your face what I have just wrote.

cigarsarge said:
KevinWHoecker said:

I don't care who you send money too or what you sponser. You are a total loser IMHO. Just because you are a sponser does not make you immune to criticism. Being a sponser carries a responsibility to act credibly. You have not. Being a sponser does not give you the right to run roughshod over BOTLs.

By the way..I would say to your face what I have just wrote.
[snapback]217161[/snapback]​

One more thing...Did you run your little idea by Rod? It is his board and he was due a little respect on your part.

If you wanted to advertise post it, don't send postcards in the mail. And don't insult us with your advertising 101 nonsence, treat us like human beings not dollar signs.

KevinWHoecker said:
It's called direct marketing, advertising 101. Happens all the time. Our marketing guy did it. He also made sure stamps went on all of them. I am mind boggled how a post card would come with postage due.

If you don't like deals, throw it out. Cigar International does it, Thompson Cigar does it, JR Cigars does it. If you dont like their deals either, thrown them out. The list was of known cigar smokers. Of course there are going to be some of you on it. You smoke cigars and you obviously spend a lot of time on the internet. There were about 10,000 names on it.

Margins on cigars, due to increased competition are less and less, if you only knew what 10% off of already low prices was in this business maybe you wouldn't complain about it and appreciate it more. Many of you took a neutral stance on it and I appreciate that. I have monitored who spoke strongly against it and have made the marketing guy take you off the list.

Furthermore, it's cigar enthusiasts like us that provide sales, slapnuts.

Alienate customers, lose sales. No sales, no profit. ;)

KevinWHoecker said:

Did you think this post would increase your sales? You need to study customer relations 101 instead of greed 101.

Slapnuts? Oh boy, I've got to add that one to my smartass dictionary! Too funny!

Oh, FFS, guys...you get a piece of advertising in the mail just throw it away rather than getting yourselves all wound up...we all get tons of that crap daily due to all the mailing lists our names are on...while I don't condone it, why jump all over a guy just for sending you a postcard with a possible bargain on it..jeeez louise...just use a trashcan...

BrownDevil said:
Got mine today...now I feel special like the rest of you guys :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[snapback]217240[/snapback]​
:sign: Pout...I didn't get one...but then, we haven't had mail in days in south Florida...

No postcard either. And I dont believe its Sales 101. What he did was take names from people who did not ask to be put on the list. Yes I get tons of junk mail everyday and most of it I have asked for in one way or another. Other junk mail is absolutely 100% BS that somehow someone gave my name or address or they did the research to get it. My garage is getting cluttered with junk mail because I have to spend the time to shred it all. So if my time = money then just a little junk mail = money. A ton of junk mail = a lot more money. I for one do not believe this guys BS and I too would say the same in person. If he wanted my business there are better ways of going about it. Sponser or no sponser of the board this is not why I am here. If it came down to Rod deciding the sponser was right and We were wrong I will be the first to leave.

I don't mind getting junk mail about cigars, it's better than the crap I get about everything else. Maybe it's unfair because I didn't get one and didn't see what it's about. The people that had to pay the stamp, that wasn't nice. I just used them for the first time with the Padron Annis I bought. I'm happy that I got them for a very good price and they were shipped right away.
Maybe I'm just in the minority.

ja007 said:
I don't mind getting junk mail about cigars, it's better than the crap I get about everything else. Maybe it's unfair because I didn't get one and didn't see what it's about. The people that had to pay the stamp, that wasn't nice. I just used them for the first time with the Padron Annis I bought. I'm happy that I got them for a very good price and they were shipped right away.
Maybe I'm just in the minority.
[snapback]217268[/snapback]​

You can have mine. I'll send it with postage due. :p

You can have mine. I'll send it with postage due. :p
[snapback]217270[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Send some cigars with it and no dogrockets either. :D

Yeah, it seems to me that if he is a sponsor of CP, he should have asked Rod for permission first.

KevinWHoecker said:

So are you saying you bought a mailing list of cigar smokers, and some of us were on it? Or that your "marketing guy" copied addresses from CP profiles and made a mailing list?

Did anybody here who doesn't have their address in their profile receive the postcard?

JK

p.s., I am neutral on this topic, just wanting clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.