• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Preferred Humidity Percentage

What percentage do you keep your humidor?

• 65%

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 70%

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
What I do here in Texas is I have to use my 65% beads in the summer time, and during the winter I use 70% with a shot glass full of distilled water. That is the only way during the winter I can keep my humidity above 60%.

The next time you get a bitter stick try smoking it a little slower. It may not help you but it works for me pretty much 100% of the time.
You may also benefit from having enough stock on hand to let your cigars rest for 2-4 weeks before smoking them.

I keep everything at 70% and dry box my ISOM's for 12-24 hours before smoking them.

Thanks for the tips. I guess an hour of smoking a cigar is about my limit. So, maybe I'll try the dry boxing as well to dry them out and burn a little quicker. As it sits the only stick I'm getting down in under an hour are the Padron 2000's, which take about 45 minutes.

The next time you get a bitter stick try smoking it a little slower. It may not help you but it works for me pretty much 100% of the time.
You may also benefit from having enough stock on hand to let your cigars rest for 2-4 weeks before smoking them.

I keep everything at 70% and dry box my ISOM's for 12-24 hours before smoking them.

Thanks for the tips. I guess an hour of smoking a cigar is about my limit. So, maybe I'll try the dry boxing as well to dry them out and burn a little quicker. As it sits the only stick I'm getting down in under an hour are the Padron 2000's, which take about 45 minutes.

If you're going for an hour of smoking time you may want to look into petit coronas or something similar. I've found on a good day even a padron 2000 will take me a little over an hour. In any case, I find that if I dont have at least an hour and a half to 2 hrs. to smoke, I don't even bother.

edit- sorry to take the thread off topic

If you're going for an hour of smoking time you may want to look into petit coronas or something similar. I've found on a good day even a padron 2000 will take me a little over an hour. In any case, I find that if I dont have at least an hour and a half to 2 hrs. to smoke, I don't even bother.

edit- sorry to take the thread off topic

Eh, it happens....

I've actually started leaning towards the smaller sticks because of this. I've consciously stayed away from the Churchill's for this fact as well. Been wanting to try the Montecristo Platinum Churchill but I may have to settle for something a bit shorter, in the mean time.

Once I get a place where I can sit on my ass, comfortably and smoke, it'll be on :cool:

Wow, blast from the past. For the record I've been keeping my humidors at 60% for the last 6 or 7 years and am well happy with the results both aging and smoking. I also live in the high desert where the RH is low on a consistent basis for what it's worth.

^ Nice!

I get nervous when I see my coolidor get down to 63%, as it normally sits at 67%.

Your post made me feel better. :)

^ Nice!

I get nervous when I see my coolidor get down to 63%, as it normally sits at 67%.

Your post made me feel better. :)

The seasonal mood disorder thread also helps put you at ease. I was freaking out last winter when my 70% humi was down at 64-66% all season. Then I read that thread and realized I had nothing to worry about for this year. Now I have the 65% beads and I sit around 63% for the winter. No worries.