• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about a Cigar with a hole in the head.

Arkvile

So, I am new to cigars, and recently I was given a Texas Sweets. It has a hole in the head of the cigar. Now I've read about beetles, and I am 99% sure it is not a beetle. The question is, is this a way in which to smoke the cigar without having to cut the head? Or do I still cut?

Sorry if this is a rather novice question. :(

Oh lawdy.

If it came pre-fab with a hole in the head, it means two things. One: you don't need to cut it; two: it's probably not worth smoking.

Haha, well alrighty then! I mean, I suppose I could give it a try, and let you know how it goes? Unless some one out there has tried a Texas Sweets and has an opinion on it? But thanks for the advice.

I haven't personally had anything with "Sweets" in the name be worth a crap..

Back in the day I used to smoke Swisher woodtips... Ah to be young again, when a pack of cigars cost $3 because I didn't know any better. Those were the days. :rolleyes: :D

You can just smoke it through the hole, but I wouldn't expect much. I have never had one, but I can assure you it is nothing decent. If you don't smoke much, then don't let this "cigar" leave a negative impression about smoking cigars.

Well...depends. As some may or may not know, I was eased into cigars by smoking Kahlua cigars and Acids, and some Drew Estate abominations. In my opinion, those cigars aren't much to speak of the beautiful flavors and nuances of real cigars, but at least most of them are hand-rolled and use real tobacco leaf.

The sweets on the other hand, with a built in hole, are no better than machine made cigarettes in terms of real flavor and characteristics of a true stogie.

Try putting that one down, go to your nearest Cigar Shop (not Smoke Shop where they sell glass pipes) and ask for a Montecristo White, or a Macanudo 68. Try that one on for size... ;)

Haha, well alrighty then! I mean, I suppose I could give it a try, and let you know how it goes? Unless some one out there has tried a Texas Sweets and has an opinion on it? But thanks for the advice.

As previously stated, the hole is factory made.

Here is my 2 cents. If you smoke that cigar, and love it, more power to you, you're saving a lot of money.

If you listen to some of the suggestions here, to try higher end hand rolleds, you are DOOMED!

Well...depends. As some may or may not know, I was eased into cigars by smoking Kahlua cigars and Acids, and some Drew Estate abominations. In my opinion, those cigars aren't much to speak of the beautiful flavors and nuances of real cigars, but at least most of them are hand-rolled and use real tobacco leaf.

The sweets on the other hand, with a built in hole, are no better than machine made cigarettes in terms of real flavor and characteristics of a true stogie.

Try putting that one down, go to your nearest Cigar Shop (not Smoke Shop where they sell glass pipes) and ask for a Montecristo White, or a Macanudo 68. Try that one on for size... ;)

You actually admit that??!?!?! That is balls boy. :laugh:

Smoke it and post a review. It will give you practice in doing a review, you can taste what a low end cigar tastes like for comparison and it will most likely lead to stimulating conversation.

I will definitely be posting a review of the cigar soon. So we'll see how it goes.

??? At least he didn't admit to wearing fishnets under his uniform! Hey Jon, ahhhhh.....nevermind, I don't want to know the answer...... ;)

Some of the first cigars I smoked were Phillies and Dutch Masters. I had one King Edward that nearly killed me. Somehow I managed to still enjoy cigars after that rocky start. One thing I learned from that humble beginning: if it doesn't need to be cut, stay away!

??? At least he didn't admit to wearing fishnets under his uniform! Hey Jon, ahhhhh.....nevermind, I don't want to know the answer...... ;)

Hey! Pantyhose under your uniform pants will keep you warm in the winter.... Oh uhh... I've never done it, I've just heard it works... Seriously...

Hey! Pantyhose under your uniform pants will keep you warm in the winter.... Oh uhh... I've never done it, I've just heard it works... Seriously...

And the gerbil in place?! ???

I have had an Al Capone "sweet" in the past. When I was first given one, I thought it was great lol. That was years and years ago. I tryed one a few months back. Yuck. I couldn't believe I ever smoked those things.

On a sidenote..I didn't know souldog was a ballboy. What team does he work for?

So, I am new to cigars, and recently I was given a Texas Sweets. It has a hole in the head of the cigar. Now I've read about beetles, and I am 99% sure it is not a beetle. The question is, is this a way in which to smoke the cigar without having to cut the head? Or do I still cut?

Sorry if this is a rather novice question. :(

YE GODS AND LITTLE FISHES!!!! THAT MUST BE THE NEW TATUAJE BLEND!!!!