• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Questions and info :)

Ultima83

Hello there,

My name is Justin. I'm new to the forums, and I would like to get to know everyone a little bit more. I'm still learning quite a bit about cigars daily, and every time I get on this website I learn something else. It's great. I'm trying to adhere to gain a rapport more or less. I really enjoy this new hobby. I've spent a lot of cash in just the last couple months getting established with a humidor and my starter smokes. (Although, money really isn't a problem when I find something I truly enjoy such as this.) I have a couple true aficionados on my ship, so I'm definitely being steered the right way I think.

What did you guys do when you were just starting out? I'm about to pick up a gorgeous Cuban sampler and I'm thinking of picking up a box of Montecristo Edmundos. I really like the robustos so far. All my box has is coronas at the moment, but I aim to clarify that as I go along. Not that the coronas are bad or anything because I'm open to just about anything. I am stocked with Montecristo #4's and Cohiba Siglo II's. A couple of H Upmans as well, but I haven't tried those yet. The range of flavors in one robusto and how they change as you go down is unbelievable. Of course, I'm getting spoiled by starting with the Cubans and all, but god are they good. I just finished a Partagas Series D #4 not 5 minutes ago, and boy was that a good smoke.

Oh, I'm definitely not focusing solely on Cubans. Haha, you guys all were pretty defensive about that. I guess you get a lot of inquiries about that sort of thing. I just like them because 1) it's all I've had, and 2) I can't really get anything else because all the shops out here in port, all they carry are Cubans. :( The only one I've ever had that wasn't a Cuban was that Trinidad 100'th anniversary edition, and it was damn good too. If I could get something else from another country, I certainly would. I just tagged on a Ghurka 5 pack from my humidor order on cheaphumidors.com, and I grabbed a variety pack of CAO's from famous-smoke as well. I look forward to them getting here so I can have something else. I'm more or less just concerned about whether or not they're going to be ok, by the time they get to me. It's all good either way. If not, I'll just pick some up when I get back to the states. I've been told that America grows some of the best tobacco in the world, so I am definitely open to getting those types of cigars. You guys don't worry. I'm not going to be the Cuban whore. Lol.

More or less, I'm going to need some help selecting the different types from anywhere buy Cuba since that is all I know. After I get back to the states though, I could care less about the things since we can't get them back home. If the stores out here overseas would sell something else, I would be able to try more of a variety. I'm sure that some of you know the specific cigars I speak of, so hopefully you can steer me in the right direction for some domestics that I would probably enjoy.

You guys seem to be very friendly towards the noobs, and I'm happy to see that. It's encouraging. This is a very friendly atmosphere. I have to extend a thank you for that. ;) I don't think that I am bothering anyone by doing this, but I was raised to be polite to strangers, and this is exactly what I am trying to do. Thank you so very much for your time and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you, and the others on the site, as I progress into this new world.

Have a nice day everyone. Hope this makes for some decent discussion. :)

First thing that comes to mind would be the samplers, mild to full strength from Cigars Interantional, TNT, Famous, and the like. You could also call a few of our favored vendors, those who have become members of our community to select samplers for you. You'll be able to find them.

Awesome. That's basically what I had planned, but I didn't know if there was an easier way to do it or not. Thanks for the advice. :)