• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones EL 2011

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
Lighter – Wooden matches and my Xikar single flame torch lighter
Cutter/Punch– Xikar 007 Punch
Ashtray – Single wooden ash tray by Asel.Mike
Paired drink – Adult cherry limeade

This is a review I told Backslide I would do last night, I'm a day late I know, but I hope this makes up for it.

Let's just say this cigar isn't the prettiest cigars I've ever seen. It's sort of the ugly duckling of my CC draw, having pimply veins at the head and a imperfection riddled wrapper. I notice small soft spots around the second band, but most of the cigar is finely rolled with a slightly tapered foot, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be like that.

On the prelight draw, I notice a distinct earth flavor with hints of dried fruit and chocolate.

The first draw I am immediately hit with a earthy tone, hard to pin point, but it's a deep flavor with hints of molasses. After the first couple of puffs, I'm also noticing a subtle hint of mocha on the finish. Smooth and crisp, the flavors appear immediately and quickly subside, leaving me the urge to take another draw to regain flavors that have disappeared.

Starting the second third, I notice a mocha like flavor with a bold coffee backing coating my tongue. I would like to acknowledge the plentiful amount of smoke this cigar is supplying. No need for touch ups at this point, a very consistent burn and even though I'm bullshitting heavily with the guys on the herf it's yet to go out on me.

The last third of this cigar the burn begins to wander a bit, but I quickly notice and touch it up with my favorite torch lighter. Huge volumes of smoke are still pouring out of this cigar, with a noticeable smoothness. I'm actually pretty surprised on the overall smoothness of this cigar, being released just over a year ago. No spice was mentionable throughout my smoking experience and after struggling like a idiot for a couple of minutes trying to get the bands off in one piece, I smoked this down to the nub, purging a couple times at the end trying to prolong my smoking experience.

Overall, I'd like to have a couple more. I don't know what the price point is, but I'm not sure if I'd buy a whole box, but definitely a 5er.
100_2914_zps709db72e.jpg

100_2915_zps45db09b5.jpg

100_2916_zps90c129b0.jpg

100_2912_zpsd0ba5f1d.jpg

100_2917_zpsf0807c2f.jpg

100_2918_zps326e2e2c.jpg

100_2919_zpsb16d5546.jpg

100_2920_zpsc6a5634c.jpg

100_2921_zps7a1f8880.jpg

100_2922_zps2d160dad.jpg

BOX SPLIT!

Great Review and I really look forward to the one I have!

Paul

Excellent review. I was lucky enough to score and smoke one of these this past June while passing through Europe for work. It had interesting flavors exactly like you described. I certainly wish I would have picked up a few more.

Additionally, I LOVE the old-school RA band.

I agree with Gary that these need a little time but even still, I can't get enough of these.

Tallest person on the thread gets to host the split. Congratulations, Paul!! A fiver for me, thanks ;)

Rass is by far the best ISOM I have had. I have wanted to try other vitolas. I would try a fiver? How much are they?

I would like to participate if I'm able. I'm not sure if there are rules for new guys or not.

What happened to this split, did it ever happen?

Nice ash tray! It's different, but very interesting.

That's like telling a girl how she looks when she asks if she's fat, "You know what baby, it's different, but very interesting..." LOL

He is not at the moment. But maybe one day he will return to the business!

CJ, with the brace on and hard to move, how did you have the strength to do this review? Nice review and great photos. Is this better than a LP #9?