• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent Purchases

I can't seem to find Russian River anywhere, but I did score some Great Lakes Burning River yesterday, along with a case of Hofbrau Original. I really dig the Hofbrau for something light and flavorful.

I can't seem to find Russian River anywhere, but I did score some Great Lakes Burning River yesterday, along with a case of Hofbrau Original. I really dig the Hofbrau for something light and flavorful.

I don't think Russian River has made it that far east yet, but I'm not positive. I know it either just recently, or will shortly make it to CO though. :thumbs:

I don't think Russian River has made it that far east yet, but I'm not positive. I know it either just recently, or will shortly make it to CO though. :thumbs:

August 19th :D

Recently grabbed

Left Hand Sawtooth Ale
Stone's Arrogant Bastard
Old Nick Barely Wine
Dogfish Head's Aprihop

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='711574' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:22 PM']Recently grabbed

Left Hand Sawtooth Ale
Stone's Arrogant Bastard
Old Nick Barely Wine
Dogfish Head's Aprihop[/quote]
How is that Aprihop? Sounds interesting ... better than the watermelon wheat I hope!

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='711574' date='Aug 18 2008, 05:22 PM']Recently grabbed

Left Hand Sawtooth Ale
Stone's Arrogant Bastard
Old Nick Barely Wine

Enjoy the Old Nick, they're not importing it anymore. It's a shame, because it's a great example of an English Style Barley wine.

As if I didn't spend enough money on cigars, now you bastids got me trying different beers. Yesterday I picked up a couple bottles of my new favorite, Young's Double Chocolate Stout. I also picked up a 6 pack of Mackeson's and Victory Storm King Imperial Stout. I had a bottle of each last night after dinner and frankly, I'm not quite sure how I feel about them. The Mackeson's was definitely sweeter than I expected it to be, almost too much so. The Victory Storm King I don't think I'm ready for yet. That's some strong stuff and to an unseasoned palate like mine, can only be described as bitter. Is it supposed to be bitter? I don't think it's actually bitter, but rather that my palate can't taste the individual flavors yet so it just assimilates them into one.

I also picked up a six of Sam Adams Cream Stout last week which I like very much.

As if I didn't spend enough money on cigars, now you bastids got me trying different beers. Yesterday I picked up a couple bottles of my new favorite, Young's Double Chocolate Stout. I also picked up a 6 pack of Mackeson's and Victory Storm King Imperial Stout. I had a bottle of each last night after dinner and frankly, I'm not quite sure how I feel about them. The Mackeson's was definitely sweeter than I expected it to be, almost too much so. The Victory Storm King I don't think I'm ready for yet. That's some strong stuff and to an unseasoned palate like mine, can only be described as bitter. Is it supposed to be bitter? I don't think it's actually bitter, but rather that my palate can't taste the individual flavors yet so it just assimilates them into one.

I also picked up a six of Sam Adams Cream Stout last week which I like very much.

I know exactly where you are coming from regarding the Storm King. The other night a buddy of mine who is new to craft beer and I shared an Expedition Stout. He liked it at first but was quickly overwhelmed by the strength and flavor. I remember being the same way.. That quickly changed! :laugh:

I know exactly where you are coming from regarding the Storm King. The other night a buddy of mine who is new to craft beer and I shared an Expedition Stout. He liked it at first but was quickly overwhelmed by the strength and flavor. I remember being the same way.. That quickly changed! :laugh:

How cold do you drink this stuff Jonas? I like all my beer ice cold. I almost always move beer from the fridge to the freezer for about an hour to get it cold enough for me to really enjoy it. The Mackeson's sat in the freezer for about an hour before I drank it, but the Storm King I had straight from the fridge. I'm wondering if it would have been more pallatable for me if it was colder.

How cold do you drink this stuff Jonas? I like all my beer ice cold. I almost always move beer from the fridge to the freezer for about an hour to get it cold enough for me to really enjoy it. The Mackeson's sat in the freezer for about an hour before I drank it, but the Storm King I had straight from the fridge. I'm wondering if it would have been more pallatable for me if it was colder.

Yep, it would definitely be more palatable if it were ice cold, the stronger flavors really start to come out as it warms. I usually drink the bigger beers, quads, impy stouts, barley wines, BSD's etc at about 50 degrees or warmer.

[quote name='MAS_Puros' post='711584' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:49 PM'][quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='711574' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:22 PM']Recently grabbed

Left Hand Sawtooth Ale
Stone's Arrogant Bastard
Old Nick Barely Wine
How is that Aprihop? Sounds interesting ... better than the watermelon wheat I hope!
[/quote]

The Aprihop was good. I usually don't like IPA's as I don't care for the in your face bitterness of that much hops. This however was a nice balance. I could make out the bitterness and the fruityness but neither overwhelmed me. I'll be picking up some more next time I'm up in Memphis. I"ll try the Old Nick tonight.

I made a last minute run to the store in town today, as I leave for school tomorrow. I picked up some Dogfish Head:

2 120 Minute IPA
4 90 Minute IPA
1 World Wide Stout

I popped a 90 min, and it was GOOD.

How is the Sam Adams Cream Stout? For some reason they don't sell it in Texas...at least not that I've ever seen.

Great, now I guess I've found another way to spend money. :laugh:

Today's first purchases:

Bell's Cherry Stout
Fort Collins Brewery Chocolate Stout
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Left Hand Milk Stout
Samuel Smith Outmeal Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Great, now I guess I've found another way to spend money. :laugh:

Today's first purchases:

Bell's Cherry Stout
Fort Collins Brewery Chocolate Stout
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Left Hand Milk Stout
Samuel Smith Outmeal Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout

I am still a craft beer nOOb, but IMO those are two fine beers!

Sierra Nevada: Anniversary Ale 08 & Bigfoot 08

Youngs: Oatmeal & Double Chocolate stout(s)

Stone IPA

Corsendonk: Abbey Brown Ale

6 pack of Victory Storm King Stout
22 oz Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeat Stout - aka 12 Anniversary Stout
2 500 ml Wiehenstephaner Weisse.