• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Redsox vs Yankees

...and there was wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Bronx this morning. Let's see, Red Sox 11. Yankees 1. I guess the Yankees really do suck.

Doc.

Not in my household! Oh happy days

yes yes the redsox won the series and have more wins against us over the last 10 yrs too (something like 96-94) but we usually end up on top so i will take the win in oct

congrats bosox for the series

yes yes the redsox won the series and have more wins against us over the last 10 yrs too (something like 96-94) but we usually end up on top so i will take the win in oct

congrats bosox for the series

Now now dont go jumping the gun on October yet!!!

Yup, you gotta give it to the Red Sox this past weekend. I sat through all three games in Fenway and it was an experience to say the least.

By the Sunday night game, Security was throwing Yankees fans out left & right...even the Sox fans were chanting ..."Let them stay!" I'm not sure if they showed it on TV (we were 12 rows off the field, right next to the visitors dugout, foul pole side) but it got so bad, Security began throwing out the Sox fans as well! Worst game I've ever been to (from a 'unfriendly visiting fan atmosphere') at Fenway in the 35+ years I've been going there....not from the Red Sox fans, but Management.

That aside, the games were great as always, except for Sabathia throwing BP to the Red Sox on Saturday afternoon. We spent 2-3 hours before each game at Jerry Remy's on Boylston and had a awesome time there...nice joint. If anyone goes to a Sox game, definitely check it out....Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA on tap! Funny thing, in the Men's Room urinals, the thing in the bottom that keeps them fresh, they cut out a picture of A-Rod for the middle one and Yankee logos for the other two...I emptied four 22 ouncers of Dogfish Head on Mr. Hollywood myself on Friday night!

All in all, it's always a great time every time we go up there!

Strong game for the bombers last night - ended 9-3 but when I fell asleep it was 5-0 :D

Strong game for the bombers last night - ended 9-3 but when I fell asleep it was 5-0 :D

With the Sox loosing that puts them 1.5 games back. I think we are going to have a nice tight race all the way to October. Man i love this time of year. Football preseason games and MLB post season right around the corner. :D

With the Sox loosing that puts them 1.5 games back. I think we are going to have a nice tight race all the way to October. Man i love this time of year. Football preseason games and MLB post season right around the corner. :D
[/quote]

"nice tight race " COULD be an understatement ? :D

And the tight race continues with the Sox 2 games up in the AL East. The Yanks are coming to town for a 3 game series Tues, Wed, and Thursday. Lets see how this next series takes control of the leader board.

should be another great series ! looking forward to it.

Well boys and girls looks like the next two weeks are going to be hair raising. tampa 3 games behind in the WC
tampa rolls into boston on the weekend then NY then Boston comes to Da Bronx

who's going to end up on top?

who am i kidding the YANKEES will!

Well boys and girls looks like the next two weeks are going to be hair raising. tampa 3 games behind in the WC
tampa rolls into boston on the weekend then NY then Boston comes to Da Bronx

who's going to end up on top?

who am i kidding the YANKEES will!

This Boston boy still has high hopes in the SOX!

Same old Red Sox. It almost seems like they just don't want to win. All those early loses look huge now.

Maybe a couple losing seasons will drive away the corporate crowd- or maybe we can get rid that dump Fenway park and get a nice new stadium.

I've been to alot of stadiums around the country that are soooooo much better. Everywhere I go people say how great Fenway is. For one game 120$ seating is okay, a novelty, but a whole season? I know I'm not as old as alot of guys but in the late 90's we would walk up and get bleacher seats for 15$. Ah the good old days of baseball. Now it's just painful watching a 4 and a half hour game.

Same old Red Sox. It almost seems like they just don't want to win. All those early loses look huge now.

Maybe a couple losing seasons will drive away the corporate crowd- or maybe we can get rid that dump Fenway park and get a nice new stadium.

I've been to alot of stadiums around the country that are soooooo much better. Everywhere I go people say how great Fenway is. For one game 120$ seating is okay, a novelty, but a whole season? I know I'm not as old as alot of guys but in the late 90's we would walk up and get bleacher seats for 15$. Ah the good old days of baseball. Now it's just painful watching a 4 and a half hour game.

Yeah but getting a new stadium is just going to get you a higher priced ticket with a much less enjoyable time
i love my Yankee stadium there is a ton to see stadium wise lots of food places I haven’t tried but the ticket prices are getting or are ridiculous. They have standing tickets for 100 and these bench seats near the food stands that are 150 and if you stand by one looking at the game a “guard” will tell you that you cannot be there unless you have a ticket for it.

Yeah but getting a new stadium is just going to get you a higher priced ticket with a much less enjoyable time
i love my Yankee stadium there is a ton to see stadium wise lots of food places I haven’t tried but the ticket prices are getting or are ridiculous. They have standing tickets for 100 and these bench seats near the food stands that are 150 and if you stand by one looking at the game a “guard” will tell you that you cannot be there unless you have a ticket for it.

Good points BX... Also with success the price drives up. Also it really doesnt matter what you buy whether it is gas, milk, Soxs tickest. everything has increased in price since the 90s.

Fenway park is the oldest Stadium in the US and they have made many updates over the past 100 years. I don't think any of the prices is a corprate driven but more like econmically driven. If the Soxs and Yankees sucked then they probably could'nt give the tickets away. But we are all lucky enought to have 2 great ball clubs that give us 162 great games a year. Win or loose

Just my thought!

Paul

My nephew plays (sits the bench) for the Rays. Gotta cheer them on!

True, just cause there are more seats does not mean they are going to magically become affordable.

I'll have another 10$ piss beer, thank you and I'll also have a 7 dollar meat byproduct in an enriched bun please,

Go Sox!!