• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Redsox vs Yankees

My nephew plays (sits the bench) for the Rays. Gotta cheer them on!

Very cool if it was to go Rays and Yanks I would be torn on who to cheer for. At that point I would just like to see the AL on top. Good luck to your nephew now and his years to come.

My nephew plays (sits the bench) for the Rays. Gotta cheer them on!

Very cool if it was to go Rays and Yanks I would be torn on who to cheer for. At that point I would just like to see the AL on top. Good luck to your nephew now and his years to come.

It's one tough gig! His stick isn't working right now, so he's in the panic mode. I don't envy him. I know the stress he feels.

Sox showed up yesturday for the double header. Despite the "SUN" that reaked havoc on Darnell McDonald and Papi's fairball that was called foul in the day game. But they drove it home in the night cap.

I hate to say it but I am happy with the wild card at this point. So hoping the Yanks sweep the Rays and the Sox get a couple more wins to take it to October!

Yankees looking solid as of late & could clinch a playoff spot today !! GO YANKS !

I dont know what to say right now... Just need the soxs to win a few for the love of all that is holy. If its not the starting pitching then its the releif or the bats of the defense... Pap gives up 3 runs in the 7th or 8th. Really hes been great all year so I can't complain to much.

All I can say is good luck to whatever teams are entering the post season!

and your 2011 American League East Division Champions the one the only NY Yankees

I don't know how those Sox fans deal with it year after year, decade after decade.

Rays spanked the yankees last night! but lets not count out the Angels either. 6 games left Wid card is looking like a 3 team race... This could get very interesting!

I love my Sox...but I have to say; we startd the season like chumps and we're ending it like chumps......Unficking believable...... :angry:

A sad day in Bean Town. 6 games left!

I don't know whats so sad about it we are up 2.5 games after Toronto stomped the Rays last night!

Paul

Edit:

Not to mention New England Sports fans like myself have nothing to complain about since 2001 on to present being 10 years we have won 3 Superbowls, 1 NBA championship, 2 Worldseries, and most recent the 2011 Stanly cup and thats just the big trophies... New England has nothing to complain adout!

To me the sadest thing in sports is when a home crowd boos their team or players on their team like Soxs fans have done most recently to John Lackey and Carl Crawford.

Just a Thought!

I don't know whats so sad about it we are up 2.5 games after Toronto stomped the Rays last night!

Paul

Edit:

Not to mention New England Sports fans like myself have nothing to complain about since 2001 on to present being 10 years we have won 3 Superbowls, 1 NBA championship, 2 Worldseries, and most recent the 2011 Stanly cup and thats just the big trophies... New England has nothing to complain adout!

To me the sadest thing in sports is when a home crowd boos their team or players on their team like Soxs fans have done most recently to John Lackey and Carl Crawford.

Just a Thought!
You bet your ass you got nothing to complain about. I've been a New England/Boston sports fan since the '50's. I know pain and hundreds of die hard Red Sox fans who died before winning a WS. I remember going to the cemetery the day after and seeing all the RS memorabilia festooning the graves of those who didn't live to see it. You young fellas don't how lucky you are. Hell. you're used to championships now and expect to win, like fuggin' Yankee fans. :laugh:

Doc.

Paul

Edit:

Just a Thought!
You bet your ass you got nothing to complain about. I've been a New England/Boston sports fan since the '50's. I know pain and hundreds of die hard Red Sox fans who died before winning a WS. I remember going to the cemetery the day after and seeing all the RS memorabilia festooning the graves of those who didn't live to see it. You young fellas don't how lucky you are. Hell. you're used to championships now and expect to win, like fuggin' Yankee fans. :laugh:

Doc.

Exactly.

Paul 1.5 and your still phsyced! Let us see what tomorrow brings. Go Sox, Maybe we can play Texas! This team acts like they have already won something. This team is something like 2-81 when trailing after 7 innings.(stat from the SportsHub 98.5fm) They give up to easy.

Not to mention our farm system has been desimated in the last 3 years by Theo to acquire has beens that just don't pan out.

Those championships where good times. They remind me of when I was in College and I was a young stud. Oh the good old days, we will always have you.

Has this performed to expectation?

You got some good points... but I can't do anything but have hopes! Yesterday game was more than depressing to say the least if they perform like that in today double header the will most likely be out of the top seat of the wild card by tomorrow morning. All we can do is sit back and watch with the hopes they turn it around real quick. Like in 2 hours... lol enjoy the game

Paul

When this season started, my friends and I thought the standings would be reversed at this point in the season. The Yanks would have hung tough up until mid to end of August and then the Sox would pull away due to their solid pitching and big bats. Any serious Yankee fan knew this was the most likely scenario. Colon & Garcia were playing way better than we thought to keep them in the race. Without Granderson hitting like Babe Ruth, they would have faded way sooner. Add in Cano's stick to replace Jeter and A-Rod...and they were surprisingly right in the mix.

Then the Yanks got the injury bug to their pitching staff and they faltered. Then Jeter went down, then A-Rod, the clubhouse spark plug Nick Swisher couldn't hit anything. Then Hughes, Soriano, and a few others go down...and we all thought that late season swoon was coming sooner. But you have to hand it to Cashman, he brought up Nova to sure up the starting pitching staff and this kid exceeds their biggest wishes...then Nunez and Pena to take turns replacing Jeter and A-Rod. Then this kid catcher Jesus Montero (no wonder EVERYONE in MLB wanted this kid in a trade) starts hitting like a veteran Bronx Bomber...really incredible stuff.

The Yanks had injuries just like everyone else in baseball, the Red Sox included, but it was the home grown kids that played a major roll in them hanging tough. Say what you want about the Yankees buying talent, in the end, it's always their farm system that bails them out.

Truly an amazing season by them so far...who would have thought they would be 8 games in front of the Red Sox and battling the Phillies for the best record in baseball and having home field advantage in the playoffs! When the season started, we were hoping to beat out Tampa Bay for the Wild Card spot!

Can't wait to sit my ass in Yankee Stadium for the playoffs....

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief...Go Yanks!

Yankees are developing talent that is actually contributing big difference than what Boston is doing.

3 to go with a one game lead. ( edge of seat)

3 to go with a one game lead. ( edge of seat)

You got that Dave I was up till the end of that game last night hoping for some sort of joy in yesterday. But Elsbury comes through once again. Great ending to that game. Now we need the Yanks and sox to win these 3 to bring us to Friday!

Go sox...and yanks!

Paul