• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Decade

Thanks for the explanation. Funny how many people follow the ratings in magazines...

Stick around and post an introduction, why don't you? I'm sure there's other good information you could share. :)

Havn't heard anything about the Decade but can confirm that the Edge Sumatras are no longer being made. It was a "limited" production.

That's a shame about the Sumatras, once we got these in the shop it outsold the maduro and corojo Edge. Personally it has become my favorite cigar from Rocky next to the ITC 10th Anniversary. :(

Yeah, I checked with the owner of my local B&M on this a few days ago and he said RP can't make'em fast enough and has no intentions of changing them..... that's a shame!

Folks, I'm the Rocky rep who spoke to Uptown. I wanted to clear the air here:

EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THE ORIGINAL POST IS UNTRUE.

I spoke to both Rocky and to Nick. Yes, they had a conversation about the Decade. And what was said was that in the coming months it would be increasingly difficult to keep these cigars in stock. Why? Not because Rocky was unhappy with the blend or is having financial woes. Because he just received a sick group of scores in a recent Cigar Insider vertical test. 91 for the Toro; 92 for the Lonsdale; 93 for the Robusto; and 95 for the Torpedo. One of these scores (the Toro) has already appeared in Cigar Aficionado and that size immediately sold out. Other scores are due to make it to the tasting section in future CA issues. Therefore, Rocky is anticipating a high demand for these cigars, and possibly a backorder situation, much like what happened with the Oliva Serie V when it's 94 rating went to print.

The only recently discontinued cigar was The Edge Sumatra, which was a special limited edition version in the first place.

So this is the real story behind the Decade. We hope you enjoy the cigars.

Cheers.

This is rather interesting! Since you weren't there, I find it interesting that you make the claim that it is all untrue. I can assure you this converstaion took place and it wasn't a passing comment, it was a detailed conversation. What Nick said was that Rocky is very picky and he is unhappy with the Decade and was not going to be releasing it any more, he was going to rework it.

Maybe it's in your best interest to spin this, or backpedal from Nick's statement, but to say that my post is untrue is the wrong way to do it.

So are they making them or not. I liked them enough to get a couple more but if they are going to keep making them I will wait.

So are they making them or not. I liked them enough to get a couple more but if they are going to keep making them I will wait.

If you like them I would say buy some, either way, if you like it you can't go wrong. Based on the fact that RP Jr. joined for the sole purpose of damage control, or adversity, my guess is Nick's statement was accurate but maybe not supposed to be public knowledge.