• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Edge Maduro

e-sticks

The only thing I don't really like about this cigar is the marketing: "For professional smokers only." I'm far from professional, and I completely enjoy this cigar. It doesn't seem overpowering at all (flavor or nicotine). For me, this is a nearly perfect medium-full smoke - super smooth. Only time it seemed to cross the line into "full bodied" was maybe the last inch or two. I think the best part is the wrapper - oily as hell, dark, spicy, and cocoa.

I also dig the two-toned smoke (blueish smoke whisping off the tip, and a darker brown/gray smoke coming through the head) - reminds me of a PAM64. It's a helluva cigar to look at.

Thoughts?

I agree. It is not for professional smokers only. When I first tried it, I was expecting a real spice/pepper-bomb. Nothing of the sort. Great flavor, great construction. Really nice everyday smoke. Not overpowering at all.

Can't say that it reminds me of a PAM, but I think it is a good smoke in its own right. I believe the best product (not necessarily taste, but overall) that Rocky Patel has released.

cigardawg said:
Can't say that it reminds me of a PAM...

I just meant the multi-colored smoke coming outta each end, not necessarily the flavor (although I suppose there were some similarities in flavor)

Grabbed one of these the other day... great for under 6$. Surprised me that it was so good. Yep, best Rocky I've had so far.

Had one of these tonight and It was definately the best all round Rocky Ive had(though that group is kinda small). Thought it was quite nice for only $5 you can't beat that. Its surprising that even though it doesn't have a band lots of guys recognized it and commented that they had also been quite pleased with the cigar themselves. Thought that it definately had a lot of flavor though it was definately not as hard a hitter as the advertising would have you believe. Id like to pick up maybe 10 or 12 of these sometime in the future. Maybe someone can set up a box split or something to that effect.

CYG

Oh ya! These are damn good! Really the only RP I have liked enough to buy a box of. I think that they have a very unique flavor, very tasty and smooth. Mouth is watering! But I just finished an FFOX. Maybe I'll have The Edge for breakfast.

one of my favorites cheaper smokes. i get them for around $3.60

mmmmm....I love these cigars! I'm in the middle of smoking one right now and it is grrrreat, nice oily wrapper with perfect burn and awesome flavor. Oh, and this is the "seconds" edge maduro for $50 a box. Just got a couple of boxes with a date code of May 04. Time to order a boat load more! :0

CvilleYoungGun said:
Had one of these tonight and It was definately the best all round Rocky Ive had(though that group is kinda small). Thought it was quite nice for only $5 you can't beat that. Its surprising that even though it doesn't have a band lots of guys recognized it and commented that they had also been quite pleased with the cigar themselves. Thought that it definately had a lot of flavor though it was definately not as hard a hitter as the advertising would have you believe. Id like to pick up maybe 10 or 12 of these sometime in the future. Maybe someone can set up a box split or something to that effect.

CYG
[snapback]206155[/snapback]​
This is one smoke that I have been thinking about for a long time. I am a fan of most IT smokes, esp. the RP lines. ... PM sent.

Thanks,
- C

Drake said:
[snapback]206177[/snapback]​

Where do you get them at $3.60

I see posts all the time with great prices and when I ask for the vendor I never get a reply... Why is that? and they are not ISOM's.

Thanks,

GKR

Great King Rat said:
Drake said:
[snapback]206177[/snapback]​

Where do you get them at $3.60

I see posts all the time with great prices and when I ask for the vendor I never get a reply... Why is that? and they are not ISOM's.

Thanks,

GKR
[snapback]206574[/snapback]​
CYG and I are working out a box split, and I am getting them from Cigars International. You can get the ones in the older style box for about that price.

- C

I think these are my go to smokes now, damn tasty and at $2.50 a piece for the seconds they can't be beat. The boxes I've received (6) look and smoke as good as any of the standard ones that I've had. Get them HERE while you can!

edge1.JPG

I've smoked a few Rocky Patel's and have enjoyed them. I have an edge in my Humidor right now waiting to be smoked :D

Just finished up an Edge Maduro. Definitely a good smoke.

Thanks for the heads up on the 2nds, jacknife. I am going to a bachelor party in a couple of weeks, and those would be perfect to take because the guys who smoke regularly will like them and they are not too expensive to give to the guys who don't.

I just smoked my edge today and enjoyed it. Great smoke. Have to go and stock up on some more of those bad boys.

When Blue dragon and I get ours in My Humi will be almost full and Im sure Ill have to smoke some of those babies as soon they get here :thumbs: Cant wait because we all know how good they are :D

CYG

dam, maybe i should have picked one up... I have liked all other RP's so I dont think it'll let me down. hopefully tonight ill pick one up.

K&P

What's the difference between the Edge and Edge Missile?

I may be wrong, but I think it is just a difference in shape and size, with the missle being a shorter torpedo by half an inch or an inch, and being a smaller ring guage.

::Edited for spelling and clarification::