• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RPB67's AWESOME cigar collection!

I think CG has dug himself his own hole. I could be wrong but....... Naw I'm right.

Rich

CG is a fuggin idiot, end of story!

He and limpy should go bowling together.... :sign:

Lee said:
CG is a fuggin idiot, end of story!

He and limpy should go bowling together.... :sign:
[snapback]249106[/snapback]​

ROFL, You crack me up

ggiese said:
Seamus said:
Nice collection and damn nice humidor.

Whatta ya got hiding in that singles tray?
[snapback]226537[/snapback]​

DSC00479-1.jpg

DSC00480-1.jpg

DSC00481-2.jpg

...must keep the poochie rockets in another humidor....
[snapback]226759[/snapback]​

No, the padrons are clearly in that humidor :p
J/K I don't want to offend you padron lovers :sign:

I guess I will get slammed for writing this, but I can't help it. Is it not considered contributing to a site giving people the opportunity to buy some very HTF cigars at very decent prices?? Is there rules written on all this or just what some of you THINK should be the rules. I submit that he has contributed by offering these cigars and I'll bet if you ask the people that were lucky enough to purchase them, they feel the same. I know this guy and IMO he is very generous and tried several diff ways to make up for every wrong you all felt he committed. I do however think that some here (definately not all) will never admit it, but suffer from cigar envy. Like I said, I'm new and know I'll get slammed for this but could not help speaking up for someone I know is a good dude.

Aashton said:
I guess I will get slammed for writing this, but I can't help it. Is it not considered contributing to a site giving people the opportunity to buy some very HTF cigars at very decent prices?? Is there rules written on all this or just what some of you THINK should be the rules. I submit that he has contributed by offering these cigars and I'll bet if you ask the people that were lucky enough to purchase them, they feel the same. I know this guy and IMO he is very generous and tried several diff ways to make up for every wrong you all felt he committed. I do however think that some here (definately not all) will never admit it, but suffer from cigar envy. Like I said, I'm new and know I'll get slammed for this but could not help speaking up for someone I know is a good dude.
[snapback]252571[/snapback]​
You might need to figure out what's really going on before you start giving out your opinion. You only look more foolish.

Okay then phishy please tell me what rules he has broken to warrant 7 pages worth of trashing? Not all the, you're a noob and don't really know what's going on or what it means to be a BOTL, but what rule exactly he broke? You can tell me that he didn't ACT like you think he should, but that would be your opinion. Honestly the man has done no wrong, did exactly as everyone felt he should do, and now this. I totaly understand you all getting upset that someone comes here to sell a load of stuff above MSRP to make a profit. On the other hand for RP to offer up some of the stuff he has at some of the prices he has gives people that would never ever get their hands on that type of stuff a chance to. His prices are right out in the open for all to see and if he was gouging it would have been known before now. To be honest, he DOES contribute, just not in the way some of you think he should.

All that might be fine and dandy Aashton, however he was given a chance to "pa(y)ss it forward" and he didn't. It isn't about giving away your best smokes, its about passing forward at least one stick that makes you a brother in the receiver's eyes. What its not about is getting rid of all the trash in your humidor. The Master said "He received trash and sent trash." which I personally don't agree with. Maybe the person who sent him the pass doesn't have a huge humidor filled with only primo smokes and sent the best he could. And thats what the FOGs are on him about. He could have done better and didn't.

Wurm said:
All that might be fine and dandy Aashton, however he was given a chance to "pa(y)ss it forward" and he didn't. It isn't about giving away your best smokes, its about passing forward at least one stick that makes you a brother in the receiver's eyes. What its not about is getting rid of all the trash in your humidor. The Master said "He received trash and sent trash." which I personally don't agree with. Maybe the person who sent him the pass doesn't have a huge humidor filled with only primo smokes and sent the best he could. And thats what the FOGs are on him about. He could have done better and didn't.
[snapback]252884[/snapback]​

Well said... :thumbs:

And one other thing to consider. You've seen what happens with this kind of thing. You don't have to participate in any PIF's, Group Buys, Box Splits, Box Passes, etc. You can enjoy this board without any of that if you're concerned about the way things like this are handled. No one will be upset with you if you don't. And when the fur is flying, it's a very simple matter of not opening that thread.

I'm amazed at how many time I learn of squabbles in these threads weeks after they've happened. I had no idea, because I hadn't looked. If you don't participate in G/B, Box Passes, PIF's, etc - you probably won't even open up those threads.

Sorry guys but I am with Aashton on this. I don't see what this guy did that was so wrong. He offered up some smokes at good prices, if he was trying to get rich he could have easliy sold them for much more.

I'd be willing to bet that if most people compared my collection to what I have sent to people (as gifts, etc.), they'd come up with a similar thought at some point or another. RPB is not here to profit from anyone, from what I can see. If no one would have seen his pictures, they wouldn't have had a problem with his Pay it Forward either. This is a big stretch to come up with an issue here.

The Master said:
Sorry guys but I am with Aashton on this. I don't see what this guy did that was so wrong. He offered up some smokes at good prices, if he was trying to get rich he could have easliy sold them for much more.
[snapback]252981[/snapback]​

I agree 100% with you on this Master, however the big problem most of the people in this thread have with RPB67, has nothing to do with his trade/sells but how he accounted for himself in the PIF.

You said (IYO) trash in, trash out. That however isn't how a PIF works. Even I understood that when I agreed to take part and it was my first pass.

And while sending smokes to make up for it is a nice gesture, it shouldn't have been necessary to begin with, and that is the point everyone is trying to make.

Wurm said:
That however isn't how a PIF works.
[snapback]252993[/snapback]​

I would love for someone to explain why in PIF it is neccesary to send out better than what you received. Using that logic, when this PIF forward started, I could have sent out a Papayo and the person at this point in the event should be sending out 20 year old, pristine Davidoff Dom Perignons. Pay it Forward was never set up to do this and chastising anyone for doing anything other than not sending something, is a kick in the ass to the event itself. JMHO.

Matt R said:
Wurm said:

I would love for someone to explain why in PIF it is neccesary to send out better than what you received. Using that logic, when this PIF forward started, I could have sent out a Papayo and the person at this point in the event should be sending out 20 year old, pristine Davidoff Dom Perignons. Pay it Forward was never set up to do this and chastising anyone for doing anything other than not sending something, is a kick in the ass to the event itself. JMHO.
[snapback]253037[/snapback]​

Except that, Matt - correct me if I'm wrong - if you have the means to send out some "decent" (not premium) and you send out trash - and even worse - it appears you took some cigars from another PIF or bomb and repackage them??? That doesn't sound just a little bit odd to you???

I agree - no one in the PIF should be chastising anyone for their packages - unless they are obviously doing something tacky. In that case - wouldn't it be MUCH better to just stay out of that thread??? After all - it is their repuration at stake - whether something is said or not...

But there were a few other things going on with this situation as well - and it has to do with Harris' (et al) other questions about profits, motivations for doing sales, etc. ;)

Matt R said:
Wurm said:

[snapback]253037[/snapback]​

I don't think it has ever been necessary to send out better than what you received. At least, I hope not. When I got involved with this PIF a while back I received some VERY nice smokes from a ggood botl. If I had to pay forward better than what I had received, I could not have done so. I sent the best that I had in my humi at the time (thankfully, it's gotten better since then) to the next person in line but it was no where near as nice as what I had received. Thankfully, I did not get slammed for it.

On the other hand, I have not joined in since then for fear that it might happen again. Personally, I felt bad that I could not send out a higher quality package and don't want to repeat it. I think most who join a PIF want to do right by the board and by the guy that they send to. In my mind, that means sending out something that both you and the next guy in line will both enjoy. It is not about sending out sticks that you don't want to smoke yourself. Those sticks are for bombs to folks who are newer and still trying to find out what they like, IMO.

Matt R said:
I would love for someone to explain why in PIF it is neccesary to send out better than what you received.
It's NOT necessary to send better... and the rules of the PIF clearly state this point.

As the PIF rules state:

In terms of CLASS, we know that every person's definition is slightly (and sometimes substantially) different from the next person. But for all intents and purposes, we'll make a distinction here. "Classy" is defined as mid-grade level sticks, such as CAOs, AVOs, Toranos, Padron Thousand series, Punch, etc... In terms of dollar value, between $3 and $8 per stick would be more than sufficient.

The package YOU send out can be any number of sticks... so long as you include at least 3 "classy" sticks. You can mix and match anyway you like.

If you choose to include something nice (ie: premiums or ISOMs) as part of the PIF, then the Receiver shall not be held accountable for sending out something of equal quality. If you choose to include some lower end smokes, please make sure that you've already included the "classy" smokes as well.
The issue was and still is... what were those "classy" sticks that Richard sent out? All the pictures did was show that he indeed had the means to pass a package of class forward, but instead, chose to take the low road. No one, especially the RULES, asked him to send out his top-shelf sticks. However, a little class was required.

Then I guess the real issue is the definition of class.....

Matt R said:
[snapback]253502[/snapback]​
Now does that definition have to do when you have pants on or off?

Matt R said:
[snapback]253502[/snapback]​
In the rules, it states:
"Classy" is defined as mid-grade level sticks, such as CAOs, AVOs, Toranos, Padron Thousand series, Punch, etc... In terms of dollar value, between $3 and $8 per stick would be more than sufficient.
:thumbs:

I don't know, you guy's go on and drag this out to whatever extent you want. It just seems to be a petty argument to me. What was received and what was given are pretty much equal, IMHO. And, I agree with The Master. He got junk and sent junk. But, that "junk" did meet the requirements, IMO. $3-$8 range varies widely depending on where you buy you cigars and brand names don't justify "class", IMO. To "rape" a box pass is a lot different than a PiF event, IMO. But, if we were to put these exchanges in a box pass situation, I think we'd be having a different discussion, or a lack of discussion. You guy's just needed someone to pick on and found a target. This is my opinion and I don't know RPB from Adam, so don't accuse me of sticking up for anyone. There are bigger issues to drag out and this one seems awfully petty to me.