• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RPB67's AWESOME cigar collection!

Matt R said:
I don't know, you guy's go on and drag this out to whatever extent you want. It just seems to be a petty argument to me. What was received and what was given are pretty much equal, IMHO. And, I agree with The Master. He got junk and sent junk. But, that "junk" did meet the requirements, IMO. $3-$8 range varies widely depending on where you buy you cigars and brand names don't justify "class", IMO. To "rape" a box pass is a lot different than a PiF event, IMO. But, if we were to put these exchanges in a box pass situation, I think we'd be having a different discussion, or a lack of discussion. You guy's just needed someone to pick on and found a target. This is my opinion and I don't know RPB from Adam, so don't accuse me of sticking up for anyone. There are bigger issues to drag out and this one seems awfully petty to me.
[snapback]253550[/snapback]​

To be honest, Matt - this issue had been closed quite a while ago. RPB sent out a "class" package afterwards (no doubt - above and beyond). Aashton had a question - and he was given an answer. But - if the community needs discussion about what is termed "class", what is expected in PIF's, what is expected in G/B or box splits - shouldn't we talk about it? You certainly have your opinion on the subject - and you obviously are troubled enough to post about it. Your opinion is valid and evokes the feelings of members in this community (pro and con) - hence discussion. If the discussion is complete - okay. But I doubt it...

And no one was looking for a target to pick on, Matt. That's ludicrous. What's been said on the issue has been said - Obviously there are two fairly polar opinions on the subject. Maybe it will be resolved - maybe not.

I agree with Steve when he said he sent out the best he had in his humidor. I have been the recipient of some very nice package of smokes in the PIF's. I disagree with Steve in that I was intimidated by the PIF's I've received. I was humbled - but I was also taught about the generosity of the members of this board. I still occasionally like to participate in the PIF because I am in a much better position to reciprocate than when I started on this board. That was, in fact, wholely due to the generosity of many members of the board. So I do like to "Pay if Forward" at this point. And I know you do too, Matt. You may not participate in the PIF's, but you do PIF.