• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scotch Collection Complete

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Snagged the last bottle I needed to complete my collection of having a representation of every distillery that produced SMS since I was born in 1956.
Kinclaith%201969-2.JPG

If anyone is curious the list is below. 126 distilleries.

Aberfeldy
Aberlour
Allt à Bhainne
An Cnoc
Ardbeg
Ardmore
Arran
Auchentoshan
Auchroisk
Aultmore
Balblair
Balmenach
Banff
Ben Nevis
Ben Wyvis
Benriach
Benrinnes
Benromach
Bladnoch
Blair Athol
Bowmore
Braes of Glenlivet (Braval)
Brora
Bruichladdich
Bunnahabhain
Caol Ila
Caperdonich
Cardhu
Clynelish
Coleburn
Convalmore
Cragganmore
Craigellachie
Dailuaine
Dallas Dhu
Dalmore
Dalwhinnie
Deanston
Drumguish (Speyside,Glentromie)
Dufftown-Glenlivet
Edradour
Fettercaim
Glen Albyn
Glen Deveron
Glen Elgin
Glen Esk (Hillside)
Glen Flagler (Moffat)
Glen Garioch
Glen Grant
Glen Keith
Glen Mhor
Glen Moray
Glen Scotia
Glen Spey
Glenallachie
Glenburgie
Glencadam
Glencraig
Glendronach
Glendullan
Glenfarclas
Glenfiddich
Glenglassaugh
Glengoyne
Glenkinche
Glenlochy
Glenlossie
Glenmorangie
Glenrothes
Glentauchers
Glenturret
Glenugie
Glenury Royal
Highland Park
Imperial
Inchgower
Inverleven
Isle of Jura
Kilkerran
Kilchoman
Kininvie
Kinclaith
Knockando
Ladyburn
Lagavulin
Laphroaig
Linkwood
Littlemill
Loch Lomond
Lochside
Longmorn
Longrow
Macallan
Macduff
Mannochmore
Millburn
Miltonduff-Glenlivet
Mortlach
Mosstowie
Muir of Ord (Glen Ord)
North of Scotland (Single Grain, produced malt for less than 2 years (58-60) no known SMS bottlings)
North Port / Brechin
Oban
Pittyvaich
Port Ellen
Pulteney
Rosebank
Royal Brackla
Royal Lochnagar
Scapa
Speyburn
Springbank
St Magdalene
Strathisla
Strathmill
Talisker
Tamdhu
Tamnavulin
Teaninich
The Balblair
The Balvenie
The Glenlivet
Tomatin
Tomintoul
Tormore
Tullibardine

One more on the horizon once Blackwood releases product.

Pretty damn impressive Ray! I'm sure you may, but do you have anything from your birth year?

I have a 1956 Glen Grant 40 yo from my birth year. Not too much left in it though.

Congrats on your 1000th post, Glad I was the worthy one for it :)

Very impressive, Ray. Where do you go from here? You're not going to stop collecting, are you?

Now that's what I call a collection. Congrats on the milestone.

I salute you sir.

Congrats on finishing the collection! Very impressive indeed! About the only thing I finished was that bottle of Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist last night. :D

Congratulations on the milestone Ray! That's alot of nice booze! Do you have it insured through your homeowner's insurance or anything?

Also, do you have any recent photos of your collection?

Not going to stop but will certainly slow down. I have some original distillery bottlings I want to get of some of the ones on the list and some to fill it out a bit but in general it will be less items albeit more expensive ones.

Very impressive, Ray. Where do you go from here? You're not going to stop collecting, are you?

Wow. That's just an amazing accomplishment!

Nice bottle to end with, too . . . I don't think I could keep a bottle of cask strength SMS from mysteriously emptying itself for long enough to call it a "collection!" :laugh:

~Boar

Yes it is insured. Since most is stored on the same shelves you see in the other pics I've posted there really won't be any visible difference as things are crammed pretty tight. New storage is planned down the road and new pictures whenever that occurs, if ever. I was pricing out the cabinets I wanted and I'll have to sell the collection to buy them :0

Congratulations on the milestone Ray! That's a lot of nice booze! Do you have it insured through your homeowner's insurance or anything?

Also, do you have any recent photos of your collection?

Not going to stop but will certainly slow down. I have some original distillery bottlings I want to get of some of the ones on the list and some to fill it out a bit but in general it will be less items albeit more expensive ones.

Pick up a bottle of the Black Bowmore '64. I've always wondered if the quality should command the price.

The first release of Black Bowmore in 1993 was listed at £110 and could be found for £90 which was about $135 back then. I had one, I drank it and it was very good. At the current price of about $3,000+ I don't think it would be as good.

The first release of Black Bowmore in 1993 was listed at £110 and could be found for £90 which was about $135 back then. I had one, I drank it and it was very good. At the current price of about $3,000+ I don't think it would be as good.

Ray,

Do you have any recommendations for any bottles out there that might be worth picking up? Is it best to look at legacy bottles from distilleries no longer in operation (ie Port Ellen etc)?

I know bottles are for drinking and enjoying, however, I'm talking about picking up an extra just to hold on to.