• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seasoning ? (new drawers in a vino)

donzz

Reaction score
I was just wondering, since the boveda seasoning kit is 84% should I run my avallo that high?
If so for how long?
I just added 3 double drawers and a shelf

TIA
Don

And no the cigars are not in there :0

How big is your humi donzz? Everything but the shelves is seasoned?

It's on a vinotemp so the inside is plastic except
The drawers and shelf

Don

I personally would just set the Avallo Accumonitor (assuming that's what you have) to your desired humidity level (65%??) and let it sit for 5days or so.

Jason

Thanks Jason,
Thats what I have been doing. I was just wondering if I could speed up the process at 84 %

Don

It might speed up the process, but I'd think maybe you'd run into a problem bringing the humidity down. Not sure if it's just me, but when the humidity in my Vinotemp gets too high, I've got a hell of a task trying to get it back down to where I like it. I'm not sure if the Avallo makes a difference, since i use beads, but I have difficulty bringing the humidity down.

I seasoned my ChasDen drawers by wiping them down with a damp
towel/rag. It was much quicker than waiting 5-7 days with a shot glass
of water in each.

If the humidity gets too high, I just open the door to let dry air in, or
leave it open a crack, until the rh was right.

Chemyst :cool:

I wiped the drawers and shelf with distilled water.Installed them and set the humidity @ 73%
Added cigars after 3 and 1/2 days, and set humidity @ 70%.I have checked humidity levels in all 3 drawers, in the front and back of each drawer,and get readings from 67% to 71%. Seems perfect to me.

Thanks for the advice
Don