• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seattle, Wa Shops?

TMarquis

Banned
I'm moving to Seattle, Wa. in a couple of days, and was wondering if you guys know of any good cigar shops around that area? I know of the cigar lounge, Smokey Joes, which is awesome, but the shops I've been have been HORRIBLE! The several I have been in have been triple MSRP, under-humidified with an extremely poor selection, setup more like a gas station than a Tabacconist.

So, if you guys know of any good shops around the Puget Sound area, I'd really appreciate it. Even if it's a healthy drive to get to, I'd still love to know about it, thanks!

Good luck smoking there!!! I was just there and there is NO SMOKING...........even in the shops!! ??? Don't move there!!!! Save yourself!!!!

Good luck smoking there!!! I was just there and there is NO SMOKING...........even in the shops!! ??? Don't move there!!!! Save yourself!!!!

Feel my pain, huh? I do most of my purchasing online right now, so not a whole lot will change. There is a place called "Smokey Joe's" that is quite nice, it's built on a small bit of land in the middle of Fife that's considered reservation land, therefore you can smoke in their shop. They have just about everything, from OpusX's to Padron 80th's, only sell singles though. Very nice place to hang out, 12 big flat screen TV's, etc. (http://smokeyjoessportsbar.com/index.html)

But, other than that, I can't find a single shop to do some small shopping in. You should see the stares I get when sitting on the balcony smoking, hate that about the uber-PC'rs in Seattle.

Ahhhhh, nice! I think I will check this out in a couple of weeks or so when I am up there!

It's a great place, that's for sure, very clean, extremely good food, nice plush chairs, giant TV's, personal XBOX 360's at 4 different tables, every drink you could imagine and a wide selection of top shelf sticks. (If you look hard enough, you'll find a nice surprise or two.)

Just wish there were some good shops around to add to this great lounge, rather than the horrific "things" they try to pass of as cigar shops.

I just recently moved from Seattle. Rain City Cigars was my goto B&M. Carried pretty much all the super premiums. Prices considering the tax were reasonable. I also started to go to Market Tobacco Patch down by Pikes. Super tiny store, but the prices once again were reasonable and that is where I had my very 1st Tat. Rain City is about 2 miles south of the stadiums and Market Patch is about 1 mile north of the stadiums. Hope these work out for you. Good luck with your move.

Lou

Thanks very much, Lou! I'll probably be checking these out in the next couple of days. The other shops I've been to are absolutely insane.

Market Tobacco Patch is relatively well priced but they close early. They will sell full boxes of Anejo's and opus to you once you have done enough business with them for pretty close to msrp. They also have in the past had strats and a few other HTF's. If you ever make it down to tacoma there is a tinderbox in the tacoma mall. They sell opus for msrp when they get them in and will even take your name and call you when they arrive. There is a 2-3 stick per day limit here though. They also get Anejo's in at christmas. I bought 2 boxes of Hemi maddys here and all three boxes of Anejo's they got this year. The 5 boxes with tax cost me about 1k, they do 15% off full boxes and 10% on 10 or more sticks I believe. Moved 3 months ago so not real sure. I would however not buy and Padron Anniversario's from them as they are a little pricey there. 21 for a 26 #2

There are a few other shops some with smoke rooms. Half the fun is driving around and trying to find them.

Seattle is a great city, if you like rain and nightlife.

Enjoy

I don't know what area you are moving too, but:

Rain City cigars is a good shop. It's in South Seattle, off of Corson. Joe and Dale, the owner and manager respectively, are the ones behind the initiative to allow smoking in cigar shops and lounges. Selection is good as are prices. They have a Fuente account and sell Opus/Anejo etc. at MSRP. Same for higher end Padrons. They limit the purchase of HTF stuff to 1 or 2 per day.

The Cigarland in Shoreline has a great selection of LG, Don Pepin, Tatuaje, Illusione, etc... at competitive prices... The owner John is a GREAT guy!!!

I rarely make to the Thunderbird, in Tacoma, but their prices on things like VSG's can't be beat. They have a large selection of lower end type stuff. They are tribal and have a lounge that is not near as nice as Smokey Joes, but does the job.

When you get here, PM me. A bunch of us hit Smokey Joes a couple of times a week.

What shops have you gone to that suck so bad?

Tandblov, that sounds great, I'll send you a PM sometime next week.

I've been to a few Cigar Lands, and two other places, I think one was called Wine & Cigar, and I can't remember the other one. The Cigar Land in Renton was triple MSRP on many of the sticks, and the others were either a terrible selection or extreme prices, or both. None of the ones I've been in have been anywhere near MSRP, so I'm excited to try the ones you guys have told me about.

Yeah, wine and cigar isn't that great IMHO.

And you are also right about Cigarlands. Most of them suck, and are mainly cigarette and head shops.

However, there is one exception. The Cigarland in Shoreline (145th and Aurora - next to Central Market) has an excellent selection and good prices. I know the owner well - so take that for my bias - and he treats his customers quite good. I would encourage you to check out his shop. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

He is having a Graycliff event March 27 from 7-9 PM. The special is buy one - get one free.

I'll have to try him out, Shoreline is just down the street from where I'm staying right now, but I'll ultimately end up in the Renton/Kent area. I'll need to stop in on the 27th, haven't tried a Graycliff yet, would be a good time to do so.

If you can make it farther south every now and then, the Thunderbird is a great place to go. N.A. shop/land, smoking room, and a great humidor at great N.A. prices. There is also a CigarLand in South Hill/Puyallup run by a guy named Dan that has a pretty good selection and reasonable prices.

ETA: Also, Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Yakima is N.A., and ships fast.

Wow, as it turns out, looks like there are quite a few good shops around here, sure beats the couple we had in Spokane.

Hit the Shorline Cigarland (155th and Aurora - next door to "Central Market" ) tonight from 7-9 for a Graycliff event. Even if you are not interested in Graycliff, you can meet some of the locals and the shop owner. I doubt you'll be disappointed. BTW the event is buy one graycliff, get one free, a pretty good deal.