• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shiner Bock

Shiner Bock is my go-to beer, although I also like Ziegen Bock. I got to try Shiner 89 last weekend, and it may be pushing SB out of the top spot. All that said, I really don't drink beer very often (maybe once a week). Texas has some pretty decent beer, but nothing outstanding that I've had so far. It's interesting that they are distributing it that far away. They wouldn't for the longest because it didn't ship well supposedly. I guess that changed when Miller started distributing them.

D

I am a Tried and True Shiner Fan..I even drink the Blond. Shiner Bock is my fav. But about the Ziegen Bock...I was told that it was a Bud product, is this true...If so, the wife will have to throw it all out before i get home from the sandbox

Tim

I've been buying up all the Shiner Bocks I can. I love German dunkels (weaker than a standard German bock) but it's practically impossible to find outside of authentic German restaurants. And I despise wheat beers, which of course can easily be found. Fortunately, the liquor store by my parents carries this beloved beer at around $1 / bottle, so I'm a happy camper!

Shiner Bock is probably my favorite American beer.

I loves me some Shiner! I miss not being able to get it around here. It was nice to have it everywhere in Texas.

My best friend is a huge longhorns fan, and I am a huge OSU Buckeyes fan. So when they played each other in football two years ago, he had bought me a 6 pack oif shiner bock and I bought him a 6-pack of dortmunder gold from the great lakes brewing company near my house. Needless to say I love Shinerbock, good beer!

Shiner is my staple beer, always in the fridge and good anytime. Shiner Light is the only light beer I drink, good when you are planning on eating too much for dinner. Don't like Kolsh or Blonde, Hefewiesen is way too lemon-y for me, Dunkel is good, Black Lager is awesome and the Bavarian Amber is good too, more flavor than regular Shiner.

I love Shiner on tap and drink it when I'm at a bar that doesn't have many imports instead of the typical budlight or miller lite which don't do anything for me anymore. The black lager and the dunkel aren't too bad but I prefer other beers for those styles.

I love Shiner on tap and drink it when I'm at a bar that doesn't have many imports instead of the typical budlight or miller lite which don't do anything for me anymore. The black lager and the dunkel aren't too bad but I prefer other beers for those styles.

Any recommendations? I am on a quest to become a beer connoiseur, wish they had an Old Chicago near me. Also looking into doing some homebrewing when I get back.

Just wanted to bump this thread up to say that I am a huge fan of Shiner and Ziegen and am sure to always have a 6 pack of one or the other in my fridge. More often then not it will be Shiner primarily because I enjoy Ziegen on tap much more than in the bottle. MM, I'm getting thirsty.

On a side note I tried out some Kirin (Japanese) Ichiban the other night and was extremely impressed!

I've got a Shiner update of my own. I can now get Shiner Bock and Shiner Black at the local stores....two of my favs!

I've got a Shiner update of my own. I can now get Shiner Bock and Shiner Black at the local stores....two of my favs!

I was only slightly disappointed when the Shiner Black got the nod for regular production instead of the Shiner 98 Bavarian Amber, which I just flat loved. But the Black is great too, and I usually keep a little Bock and Black around, especially in the summer, even though I'm more of a bourbon & Scotch drinker.

~Boar

The Black Lager is probably my favorite of the Shiner beers, too.

When I was training at Ft. Sill, OK about six months ago, my bunkmate was a JAG originally from Texas who threw some great house parties every weekend...no less than four cases of Shiner products at any given time.

The Bock is just OK...it was about the best beer you could hope to get in most of the restaurants in that area.

I saw that 100th Anniversary in my local the other day. I'll have to get a 6er next time I'm in there.