• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sick for first time

JAEwing said:
Wurm said:
Ginseng said:
Shawn,
I might give them a spin. I think I'm going to tackle the "Fire" before I come back to the Sun Growns though. Wait, Fires are from Drew Estates. Nevermind. In that case, my next Rocky stick will be the much anticipated RP90V robusto I got from Peat. I think he got this one from Rocky himself. I think.

Peat,
You are hardcore! I cannot imagine having cigars with sushi but as a chaser, it might work.

Wilkey
[snapback]273892[/snapback]​

No No No! :0 Fire is not Drew Estates! It is a Indian Tabac cigar, So feel free to "FIRE" it up. :thumbs:

Remind me to send you one of my European blend 90V torpedos, I like them alot more than the American blend.
[snapback]273939[/snapback]​

Yeah the Fire is from RP. However, I ahve heard that some of his stuff is made at the Drew Estates factory. PLease correct me if I am misinformed.

And by the way the Fire is a decent smoke for the money.
[snapback]273953[/snapback]​

In fact the Fire was my first review here at CP

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...c=16434&hl=fire

CI says the Fire is rolled at Nestor Plasencia's Honduran factory.

Peat has said Rocky also uses General cigar to roll his smokes, but I have never heard Drew Estates mentioned.

Heh the sg's are great but I made a mistake when i smoke my first one too. We were driving somewhere, it was cold and started raining so I decided “screws it, we'll hotbox it”. Big mistake, the only thing that saved me was the fact that I had a large meal that night.

natejustice said:
felt like my limbs were made of rubber,
[snapback]273755[/snapback]​
Yup, had this three weeks ago with a Bolivar Corona. Add some light headedness and a queasier feeling. I just went to bed and passed it off on my cold. Now I read all this! LOL.

The only collaboration between RP and Drew Estates that I'm aware of is the quite nasty Java cigar.

natejustice said:
Well I had my first experience from getting sick from a cigar the other night. Was smoking a Rocky Patel Sungrown Petite Corona( I think thats the name, its the smallest vitola sungrown). Started out fine, but when I started getting to the end, I started getting really nauseous, and felt like my limbs were made of rubber, and that my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I was like whoa, this little stick packed a punch. After about 10 mins I got the feeling that I was going to get sick, but I fought it off, by drinking some soda, and having some sugary snacks.

Well about an hour later, I did get sick, and let me tell you I felt like a wuss. First time its happened to me and I have smoked with no problems for months on end. After doing a search for similar occurences, I guess I might have inhaled a little smoke, or maybe swallowed some of the juices built up on the end of the stick. I guess the Rocky Patel Sungrowns had a little more nicotine than I thought they would. Sorry to be long here, just wanted to share my experience.
[snapback]273755[/snapback]​

Usually this is caused by the amount of nicoteen the cigar has. Anytime you plan on smoking a strong cigar make sure you eat a big meal first. You did the right thing by eating and drinking after you started to feel sick; this usually works.

If you want a cigar with a lot less nicoteen punch but still plenty of flavour try the Diamond Crown natties. I'm not sure but I believe the more times the tobacco is fermented the less nicoteen it contains; I believe the DCs go through a second fermentation. What's weird is that tobacco in Cohibas is supposidely fermented three times but they still pack a pretty good nicoteen punch. Maybe it's just the wrapper that goes through three fermentations.

From CA...

Fermentation is a unique factor in Cohiba cigars. While tobacco for other cigars only undergoes two thorough fermentations, the leaves for Cohiba go through a third fermentation at the El Laguito factory. All the key types of tobacco-- the ligero, seco and volado--are fermented a third time. The leaves are stacked and fermented in small wooden barrels in dark closets in various parts of the factory. The fermentation may take as long as 18 months depending on the tobacco. Lara said that this costly process gives Cohiba cigars their finesse and refinement. Added the factory's assistant director, Rafael Guerra, "The third fermentation is nothing new. It is the old way of doing things. But it greatly reduces the nicotine and tars in the Cohiba...we say in Cuba that those who smoke Cohiba will never die of cancer but those who don't will die of envy."

Nicotine is in a class of drug who’s effects are diminished with exposure. In other words, it takes more and more of the drug to get the same effect. So a possible treatment for the GI distress could be to increase the exposure to nicotine, ie. smoke more often. :laugh:

Doc.

Devil Doc said:
Nicotine is in a class of drug who’s effects are diminished with exposure. In other words, it takes more and more of the drug to get the same effect. So a possible treatment for the GI distress could be to increase the exposure to nicotine, ie. smoke more often. :laugh:

Doc.
[snapback]275560[/snapback]​

Hmm...i thought i remember reading an article on here somewhere that stated your tollerance level for nicotine is pretty much wiped out overnight and you never really build up a resistance to it...? ???

Jeffro600 said:
Devil Doc said:
Nicotine is in a class of drug who’s effects are diminished with exposure. In other words, it takes more and more of the drug to get the same effect. So a possible treatment for the GI distress could be to increase the exposure to nicotine, ie.  smoke more often. :laugh:

Doc.

Hmm...i thought i remember reading an article on here somewhere that stated your tollerance level for nicotine is pretty much wiped out overnight and you never really build up a resistance to it...? ???
[snapback]276105[/snapback]​

Didn't sound quite right so I googled. Tolerance apparently persists for quite a long time:

Nicotine Tolerance

I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.

Doc.

Jeffro600 said:
Devil Doc said:
Nicotine is in a class of drug who’s effects are diminished with exposure. In other words, it takes more and more of the drug to get the same effect. So a possible treatment for the GI distress could be to increase the exposure to nicotine, ie.  smoke more often. :laugh:

Doc.

IMHO I think you build up a resistance to nicotine. The sames goes for any liquor, pot, or any drug. the more you use it, the more you need for the same effects.

Ok, let me put this in simple terms. I have not had a ciggarette for 9mos. If I were to smoke one now, I would feel the effects. 9mos ago I could smoke one right after another and feel nothing.

Doc.

Jeffro600 said:
Devil Doc said:

Doc.

Good - you figured out how to spell "nicotine"

New word for you - "Tollerance"(sic) is spelled Tolerance.

Devil Doc said:
I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.

Doc.
[snapback]276111[/snapback]​

Except for the increasing nicotine to help GI distress, I agree with Doc. Tolerance is the "Capacity for enduring a large amount of a substance (food, drug, or poison) without an adverse effect and showing a decreased sensitivity to subsequent doses of the same substance." There is both acute (develops in about 1 hour) and chronic tolerance. Long term smokers (more cigarette I suspect, unless you inhale) will build up a tolerance then smoke to maintain the nicotine level. Not having smoked cigarettes I can't say whether the first smoke in the morning or after a long break will produce some pronounced effects but the point is that after a while you do build up a resistance to the substance. So, Doc, I think we are saying the same thing.

I was joking about treating GI distress with increasing doses of nictotine :laugh: Occupational humor. :whistling:

Doc.