• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Signing off for awhile...

While I'm sure it's scary for those in the area, there's always been something awesome to me about volcanoes blowing their top. Stay safe out there Jim, and don't let any of that ash in the salmon dip!

Take cover and stay safe!

Does this mean you guys are getting earthquakes too?

Whew! Seems this mountain is PISSED! :laugh: 5 major explosions so far, with the last being the biggest. However, thankfully... the winds are slightly different than they initially predicted and Anchorage will NOT be getting ash (unless something changes) Yippee!

Rod, there have been earthquakes related to this, but here in AK... we have earthquakes all the time. Some you feel, some you don't - but what we just ignore causes panic down there! :laugh:

Funny this is, I was just down in Homer this weekend for the Winter King Salmon derby, and the road home passes on the other side of the water from the mountain. I coulda had some awesome photos. :( My nephew is driving the same road today - hopefully he takes some pictures.

But, unless something changes - we're all good here :thumbs:

Some coverage linkys-
Anchorage Daily News
Channel Two news
Alaska Volcano Observatory
US Weather Service Advisory

Next time the volcano wants you to sacrifice a virgin don't use Matt R as your vendor. Lesson learned!

Glad to hear all is well Jim.

I thought you might be over-reacting, I know how you Firefighter are.... :p

My other guess is that you were scared to get back online and play some Terrorist Hunt.

Stay safe brother, and,FYI, I have ZOMBIES on the way, just ordered it today....

Tim

Glad to hear you're dodging the bullet Jim. That Ash is some nasty stuff. Now just hope it takes some of the pressure off Aleska. One pissed off mountain at a time.

Now back to the really important stuff. How'd the derby go?

You don't worry about the ash you drop on your pants. That's gotta be more then that molehill spits out.

Get the vac ready!

Y'all stay safe up there . . . hunker down, keep a weather eye peeled, ride 'er out.

It's what we do down here every hurricane season! :laugh:

~Boar

Good luck on this one...no advice for you since our Ohio volcanoes are, well, non-existant.

Jim, I think this is that sign that you were waiting for. You are supposed to attend the Padron event at The Outlaw!

Good luck and stay safe Jim, we will keep you and your family in our thoughts