• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Since we don't have a Bad Trader forum

So, having ordered around 500 bucks in davidoff's from Tkoepp and knowing SPIVY,

I was pretty frustrated on missing a few sticks, the Cabinetta's come to mind, so I know what Tkoepp means when he says "others missed out." It was very hectic as a sale.

Spivy's new, cut him a little slack. Do you know how hard that guy is busting his ass on the whole Newbie war??

Ok, this is where I have to say something. A deal is a deal, when you enter a buy here you have entered a verbal contract, period. I'm not trying to hang him out to dry but he did enter a verbal contract with this and he should have kept his end of the bargain. New or not, how can you say "give him some slack" and why as a self moderated board should we?

Plus why should he leave an agreement from one person to make another with someone else? Who does that hurt? Well everyone else that was in that said deal especially since he did reserve smokes on the first deal. I think you all need to read the rules about buys/sales/trades again. Weather he is telling the truth about the other sale to me is moot.

I'm done ranting now. Sorry if I pissed of anyone here, not my intention.

In my opinion, nobody should be buying $100 cigars if they have to scratch up the change to pay for them.

In my opinion, nobody should be buying $100 cigars if they have to scratch up the change to pay for them.

Well shit, I'll scratch those cigars off that I was planning on buying tomorrow :laugh: :sign:

Yeah, but still, i mean, it was a crap move, but I've seen worse stuff go on here with much less of a serious backlash before.
Chris
And sadly, this is a true statement. :( :(

Spivy's new, cut him a little slack. Do you know how hard that guy is busting his ass on the whole Newbie war??

Seriously?!?! Again, not to hang Ed out to dry, but SERIOUSLY? This is your argument for a defense on welching on an agreement?? ??? Oh my god... Since when did bombing and running a newbie war become a form of "currency" to buy penance for a BOTL's mistakes?? Is this how it is now? "Hey BOTL XXX hasn't sent his end and it's been a few weeks now, what should I do?" "Oh, cut BOTL XXX some slack, he's participating in a mass-bombing right now..." Come on now. :sign:

I will say SPIVY acknowledged his mistake, stated he was sorry, and it is a poor move that he's recognized, knows it, and it's a learning experience. It's wrong to welch on an agreement, especially with another BOTL. In the real world where people meet face to face, you shouldn't sign the dotted line on a new pickup truck on moment, sign the dotted line on a luxury sedan the next, and expect to not have any consequences.

Geez, that's what I was talking about when I said "cut him a little slack." I didn't say, "Who can blame him?" or "mistakes happen, why care?"

I was actually one of the people that ordered the cigars he welched on and ended up getting passed over on to be reissued and gone again to Moki in 5 minutes flat. Tkoepp will tell you I PM'd him asking for those very same cabinetta's and was told that the last ones just got reserved. I'm glad he spoke up and posted up because it was crap move on Spivy's part, anyone else here actually get passed up? I'm just thankful that Tkoepp took the time out of his day to even help a buddy offer those, that's a BOTL if you ask me and that's the kind've stuff that you only see here. I paid him ASAP to show my appreciation, and I would hope everyone would.

I meant by my post: he apologized, he man'd up and got both barrels (deserved), embarassed and forum-moderated. Some of you guys are practically ranting in your posts, don't lump me in with him. Let's say someone posts up a picture of a fiver, and then swaps one of the sticks in the order because it's not the one they intended before they send the sticks out. But, then he forgets to say anything to the guy who actually bought the sticks. You would turn around and say "SERIOUSLY?" to that same guy like he's some kind of jack ass? Really???

Good information to know, Tim. No one's facing the firing squad, but it's good to have everything out in the open. Thanks.

I was actually one of the people that ordered the cigars he welched on and ended up getting passed over on to be reissued and gone again to Moki in 5 minutes flat.

For the record... I did not get those cigars.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Spivy - learn from the mistake.

1) You don't reneg on a deal because you found something else you wanted more regardless of what it is.
2) If you don't have the money readily available, don't commit to a purchase.

...yea, well so are you. Now go sit in the corner and be quiet.

Moral of this story, you might ask?

Davidoff/Dunhill Cubans are really, really expensive. Oh, and don't mess with the Notre Dame. Vita, Dulcedo, Spes!

Edit: :sign:

My only comments on this are:

Our word is our bond, it is the only thing we have that we should value more than money! It is who I am and when it is lost it can not be returned to me.

1) You don't reneg on a deal because you found something else you wanted more regardless of what it is.

Amen, How many of you ditch your wives for the hot blond down the street?....wait don't answer that.

My only comment on this are:

Our word is our bond, it is the only thing we have that we should value more than money! It is who I am and when it is lost it can not be returned to me.

Very true! Like Jonesy said....You don't renege on a deal because you found something better.

dagoR6, you need to take a step back and think before you post. Not only does the Newbie War not buy Spivy an out, but you should never name who you think bought something in a sale thread like this. Say Moki did buy said cigars. He may want that kept private. You didn't need to rush to Spivy's defense either. He seems to be handling it, taking his lumps, and maybe he can put it behind him and recover.
Tim did what was necessary in letting us know. Now everyone can make an educated decision before entering into a transaction with Ed.

Simple enough! ;)

.....Let's say someone posts up a picture of a fiver, and then swaps one of the sticks in the order because it's not the one they intended before they send the sticks out. But, then he forgets to say anything to the guy who actually bought the sticks. You would turn around and say "SERIOUSLY?" to that same guy like he's some kind of jack ass? Really???
If some jack ass posted a pic and shipped something else without saying a word, he'd get his ass handed to him.....really.

Let me put it another way; If I post a pic of five Padron 40ths, you pay me, and I ship Padron 2000's......you're OK with that?

The most valuable commodity on this board is a person's integrity and honesty. Blowing commitments off, shipping late, swapping cigars.....won't fly. Period. You can't "buy your way out"; earning trust takes time, blowing it takes but one bad trade. Earning it back is a long, bumpy road. You may not realize it, but this is done for the protection of all the BOTL's that trade here. That's why it's not a big deal to see hundreds if not thousands of dollars being traded back and forth without anyone breaking a sweat. We don't screw the other brothers on this site, and we protect each other vigorously. Simple as that.

If blowing commitments off, shipping late, swapping cigars, etc. sounds normal and excusable to you, maybe you'd better try another site. I hear Puff.com is looking for a few new weasels...... :whistling:

B.B.S.

Seems to me that a wrong was outed.

Spivy maybe should have just said "My bad" "I'm sorry" nuff said.

Excuses are like a$$holes etc....

I think in regard to his performance in other areas it does mean something to me in a way.
He has been a good BOTL previously, but it doesn't buy him off this for sure.

I think I would do a trade with Spivy after this.

I have seen way worse offenses here by some folks and they have recovered and become "shining stars" here if you will.

.....Let's say someone posts up a picture of a fiver, and then swaps one of the sticks in the order because it's not the one they intended before they send the sticks out. But, then he forgets to say anything to the guy who actually bought the sticks. You would turn around and say "SERIOUSLY?" to that same guy like he's some kind of jack ass? Really???
If some jack ass posted a pic and shipped something else without saying a word, he'd get his ass handed to him.....really.

Let me put it another way; If I post a pic of five Padron 40ths, you pay me, and I ship Padron 2000's......you're OK with that?

The most valuable commodity on this board is a person's integrity and honesty. Blowing commitments off, shipping late, swapping cigars.....won't fly. Period. You can't "buy your way out"; earning trust takes time, blowing it takes but one bad trade. Earning it back is a long, bumpy road. You may not realize it, but this is done for the protection of all the BOTL's that trade here. That's why it's not a big deal to see hundreds if not thousands of dollars being traded back and forth without anyone breaking a sweat. We don't screw the other brothers on this site, and we protect each other vigorously. Simple as that.

If blowing commitments off, shipping late, swapping cigars, etc. sounds normal and excusable to you, maybe you'd better try another site. I hear Puff.com is looking for a few new weasels...... :whistling:

B.B.S.

Well said Sir.
I think this guy can find the road back.
Just my 02

Agreed.

~ t

...yea, well so are you. Now go sit in the corner and be quiet.

It may be just me, However the cigars in question sold in lease than a minute, once they were re-posted.

Having said that, the party's in question should have handled it between them self.

Many people bite off more than they can chew shopping on CP.

And nothing changed hands, and every one owned up, to there end.

Case closed, all the other bull shit is just fanning the flames for no reason.

MY TWO CENTS

Spelling