• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Outside

I will talk to the owner of a cigar lounge in north Downey, today or tomorrow, to see if I can smoke outside there. Need to ask him the rules for smoking cigars not purchased there.

Called the owner last night. He said "NO" ! I can not smoke cigars not purchased at his store. I must buy his cigars. Even if I want to smoke in the outside patio are. :(

I will talk to the owner of a cigar lounge in north Downey, today or tomorrow, to see if I can smoke outside there. Need to ask him the rules for smoking cigars not purchased there.

Called the owner last night. He said "NO" ! I can not smoke cigars not purchased at his store. I must buy his cigars. Even if I want to smoke in the outside patio are. :(

I see it from both sides. He is running a business, not a free place to smoke. If I'm smoking at a B&M, I always buy at least 1 cigar while there.

I see it from both sides. He is running a business, not a free place to smoke. If I'm smoking at a B&M, I always buy at least 1 cigar while there.

I see guys doing the same thing. Some don't like to smoke fresh cigars. So they bring one from home to smoke, and buy one while they're at the B&M.

Not a shop I would care to go to, anyway. As long as you purchase something, I've never had a shop say no to bringing your own.

Not a shop I would care to go to, anyway. As long as you purchase something, I've never had a shop say no to bringing your own.

I totally agree. A shop can't carry everyone's favorite stick.

Would you take McDonalds into Burger King? I know, bad analogy, but I see it sort of being the same scenario. The B&M has built a great place to smoke, whether inside or outside, yet you contribute nothing. I've never been to a B&M that made me purchase one either, but I do it because I want to do my part in keeping it there for my enjoyment.

We're being squeezed into tight places by everyone around us, Gov/States/Local Laws/etc, we need to do whatever we can on an individual basis to keep these places open.

We're being squeezed into tight places by everyone around us, Gov/States/Local Laws/etc, we need to do whatever we can on an individual basis to keep these places open.

Yes, that's true. That's why I always buy cigars from the lounge I attend. Not only is it a place to smoke my cigars and watch sports, they provide free coffee ! Win win. :thumbs: Just wish I lived closer.

Go ahead and smoke cigars at your apartment. When they give you a hard time about it tell them your not smoking. When they seem confused explain that it is like using mouthwash. ??? You don't consider someone using mouthwash to be drinking do you? :D

I totally agree. A shop can't carry everyone's favorite stick.

Would you take McDonalds into Burger King? I know, bad analogy, but I see it sort of being the same scenario. The B&M has built a great place to smoke, whether inside or outside, yet you contribute nothing. I've never been to a B&M that made me purchase one either, but I do it because I want to do my part in keeping it there for my enjoyment.

Isn't that a bit contradictory? Yes, we are all being squeezed into closets by laws and regulations, but this shop isn't making things much easier by not allowing outside cigars (under the rule that for every outside smoke you bring, you purchase one from the shop).

I understand why the shop would do that, to keep people from mooching, but it's also limiting their customer base and cutting out people who would like to use the lounge and still support them, but would like to bring in a cigar or two.

Isn't that a bit contradictory? Yes, we are all being squeezed into closets by laws and regulations, but this shop isn't making things much easier by not allowing outside cigars (under the rule that for every outside smoke you bring, you purchase one from the shop).

I understand why the shop would do that, to keep people from mooching, but it's also limiting their customer base and cutting out people who would like to use the lounge and still support them, but would like to bring in a cigar or two.

Yep, I'd agree with you there. It's sad that it's a requirement, for anyone to use their lounge or outside patio, that you must buy something. None of the places I buy from, require you to buy. Now, the ones with nicer lounges, require a membership but you can smoke whatever you want (bought there or not).

Yep, I'd agree with you there. It's sad that it's a requirement, for anyone to use their lounge or outside patio, that you must buy something. None of the places I buy from, require you to buy. Now, the ones with nicer lounges, require a membership but you can smoke whatever you want (bought there or not).

My local has the "buy from me" rule. He doesn't enforce it with the members or regulars. He does it for the random people that just want to walk in, watch TV, and sit in the comfy leather recliners.

Move to New Hampshire you can do what ever the hell you want!

LIVE FREE OR DIE! it says it on every license plate!

Paul

Paul, it's starting to change. Too many people from MA are moving in and changing our laws. Not to knock on them as I'm one included - I just don't share their views. Let's just keep their hands of our cigars!

Yea California is bad, with government position holders always trying to take our civil rights away. Just this morning a TV commercial from some government agency, saying, how it's bad for the environment to burn wood in your fireplace. You need a natural gas conversion kit. Please ! Soon they'll ban BBQ's too.

Hey, c'mon now. CA isn't all that bad. We got In N Out and a crap load of great breweries, right?

Hey, c'mon now. CA isn't all that bad. We got In N Out and a crap load of great breweries, right?

CA isn't all that bad, depends on your location.

Update:
Last night took a walk while I smoked a AB - MAXX the Fix, not too cold here in SoCal. About a hour smoke. :D

Come to ole Georgia man we don't know what laws are here. Except those pertaining to huntin or fishing then we try to break as many as possible.