• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Outside

I don't know if its the shops I frequent or just that pipe smokers are a bit different. But it is rare that someone walks in to a B&M to purchase a new tin and cracks it right then and there. Folks typically have whatever they intend to smoke in a pouch ready to go when they walk in the door. Its just expected that you support the store by making a purchase of some sort. Though, in truth, a lot of the regulars do just pop in for a smoke and head out without make a purchase that very minute, but they also tend to buy a lot when they do make their purchases. The guys who smoke cigars tend to smoke what they buy, but I think that's just because they come in to buy a cigar so they can have a smoke, not necessarily because they are forced to. I have never actually witnessed a situation in which someone was ever asked not to smoke something (other than a cigarette) in one of my regular haunts.

I can certainly understand how a store owner who provides an area for his customers to smoke, could disallow non-customers to take up paying customer space. I'll bet if you would become a regular customer there, he would soften his stance toward you.

Edit for clarity