• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So I come home from work

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
I get home from work and a women drives up to the house and asks if I was missing a package.
I walk over to her car and she has a box from some company that sent something via UPS and she claims she found it on her walk with her husband earlier in the day.

The box had been opened however the contents were not missing. Probably the contents were not missing because the wife had ordered beauty supplies via the internet and that's what was in the box.

The box's label was dated for today 1/11/06 and was found next to a telephone booth 1//2 mile away from our house.

We live in a pretty nice neighborhood, I would say it's fairly low crime rate. not to mention I live less than 1/4 mile from the local police station.

I have a couple boxes of Cohibas and 2 boxes of habanos from another dealer which are about a week late from delivery and now I am getting really worried.
I contacted the vendors I bought them from and have not received a reply as to the status of the shipments.

Needless to say I am really pissed and worried.

SOunds like its time for a covert op. Put out some bait and wait in the bushes with a paint ball gun or something.

If its happening a lot, its someone that lives close to you.

Sorry to hear about this.

Sounds like someone real close in the neighborhood to you. They know you smoke cigars and seem to be watching only for them. ???

That's why I like to always use USPS with my P.O. box. I hate UPS, that is just one of the reasons.

I like Hillbillys' Idea though!! :laugh: I'd run up on them and pound thier GD head in though.

Hillbilly Steaks said:
SOunds like its time for a covert op. Put out some bait and wait in the bushes with a paint ball gun or something.

If its happening a lot, its someone that lives close to you.

Sorry to hear about this.
[snapback]274621[/snapback]​
Ditto.

I have mine delivered to my leasing office because I found one of my boxes opened up under the stairs. Nothing missing, but still...

Hillbilly Steaks said:
.....and wait in the bushes with a paint ball gun or something.
[snapback]274621[/snapback]​
You are too kind. In situations like this, you need to effectively communicate your displeasure and point out that the bad guys current mode of operation isn't acceptable and won't be tolerated any longer.

I'd be waiting with a baseball bat and a Glock for back up. That should take care of any misunderstandings on their part.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

agreed on the glock...it will be enough to scare them of so they never try it again!

If I pull out a gun you wont be scared, you will be dead.

I think I need to start having everything sent to my work address instead of home.

Nope get a can of tear gas rig it so when box is open it pops .Follow this up with a nice taser shot with thier new pistol wich launches electrodes. then when they get up to run away shoot them with frozen paintballs after you have tweaked the gun to fire faster. If they are still moveing sick the dog on them then call cops after you have hidden paint ball gun and report a burglary. this should deter them from futer crime and hopefullythey will tell all of thier hoodlum friends about the crazy sob that lives on your street. if your realy good you could rig a camera for americas funniest home videos.

Double D said:
Nope get a can of tear gas rig it so when box is open it pops .Follow this up with a nice taser shot with thier new pistol wich launches electrodes. then when they get up to run away shoot them with frozen paintballs after you have tweaked the gun to fire faster. If they are still moveing sick the dog on them then call cops after you have hidden paint ball gun and report a burglary. this should deter them from futer crime and hopefullythey will tell all of thier hoodlum friends about the crazy sob that lives on your street. if your realy good you could rig a camera for americas funniest home videos.
[snapback]274649[/snapback]​
Make it a webcam so we can all watch!!

Man, sorry to hear about your mail troubles. It sounds like you just haven't been having much luck with the mail lately. :( Sorry bud. I hope your shipments are just still in route. I had a box from Hong Kong that just took a really long time, almost 4 weeks.

GL Rich,
- C

Ironworker said:
If I pull out a gun you wont be scared, you will be dead.

I think I need to start having everything sent to my work address instead of home.
[snapback]274645[/snapback]​
I'd have no qualms about taking out a windsheild or busting some jerk up with a baseball bat if I confronted a thief. But, depending on who you are dealing with, bringing a baseball bat to a gunfight would be dumb, ergo the Glock. Got no patience with thieves, at all....

If you've got issues in your neighborhood, work delivery may be a good answer. We're pretty lucky where we live in the 'burbs in that there are a couple of stay at home retired couples that live close to us, so our house is pretty well watched.

...I guess that's lucky.... :p

The identity theives are pretty ruthless about mailbox theft around here. You might also consider an oversized, locking mailbox and using USPS; that's what a buddy did and it's worked out very well.

Good luck - B.B.S.

a camera could be set up very easily. i think it would be worth it to protect hundreds of dollars of cigars.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hopefully it was an isolated case.

Sorry to hear about that, would it be hard to report missing contraband? Is the shipper still responsible if the contents are theoretically illegal?

Must be a rash of that crap going on. I had a package turn up missing recently. :angry2:

Iron, sorry to hear about this!! Hopefully the smokes are late!

Sorry to hear about the theft problem, Richard. I hope your vendor guarantees delivery because you certainly did not receive them.

Iron, I'll echo what everyone else here has said. I know you.. you're a good man, and I hate when shit happens to a good person.

I'm usually foolish with faith, but I think the package will show up. If I were a thief, I'm not so sure I'd be taking multiple chances at the same street block.

And I'm also Sicilian. ???

We know a thing or two about revenge. So, I'd agree with some of the others (though I'm not one for gunplay). Personally, you set up a surveillance camera, and find out if someone is playing dirty pool. If you do, a nice aluminum Lousville Slugger and a warmed up arm is all you need to make the perfect "impression" on this piece of shit!!! Or a tazer and lots of juice to make em squeel and piss themselves...

then the bat!!!

Just my half centavo....
Darren

sorry that you got ripped off, but if you did, think out your stategy. nothing better than a well laid out plan to catch the sob and make them pay! good luck! :(