• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Southern California Cigar shops...

Jeffro600

Im going to be out in So. California starting next week for a few weeks while im on vacation and thought i would hit up a few cigar shops while im out there. Any good recomendations that you guys have for a must stop at shop??

someone mentioned Wally's in West LA.
Prices seemed decent.

I believe it's on Westwood Blvd, just north of Pico.

From the outside it looks small.

Never went in...wasn't a smoker when I lived on that side of town.

There's also Cohiba's in Long Beach...it's a Salsa club that has a smoking lounge. It also has a small walk-in humidor where you can purchase cigars. I enjoyed smoking there...the waitresses are hot!

Where in So Cal? Because depending on where you are I have found many places, with many different selections and many different prices.

symyn said:
Where in So Cal? Because depending on where you are I have found many places, with many different selections and many different prices.
[snapback]214136[/snapback]​

Its going to be all over really...ill be shackin up in orange county, but will be traveling up to the San Luis Obispo area and will be down as far as San Diego for a little bit too. So pretty much anywhere in So Ca.

Ok.

San Luis Obispo, has a great shop called the Sanctuary, solid selection great owners, all around a good time.

In the Westwood/Century City area there is a great store in Wally's where they have everything but Padron, and from what I read about you, you are a padron whore, you might want to skip it <3

Down in my neck of the woods there are about 4 stores worth checking out. The first is in Huntington Beach called Hiland's it has a solid walk in humidor and some nice leather seats. Great group of guys smoke there regularly. They have your much beloved Padrons, AF, Party, CAO, etc... Great service, and the help might not be very knowledgable about the cigars, but very nice and she usually throws in a couple of free sticks.

The Tinderbox in Crystal Court (Santa Ana) is solid, MSRP on everything, and they cary everything from FFOX to Davidoff to almost every Padron Anny, and even some 1926's. Great staff, can't smoke there, but you can definately pick up some smokes for the hotel.

Siglo Cigar Lounge down near the John Wayne Airport, probably the best humidor I have seen, besides the one down in San Diego. I would definatley check this out if you are staying around that area.

The Red Cloud is over in downtown Fullerton, it has an ok selection, the humidor seemed a little hot when I went there last, but I had been drinking so take that into account. The prices are about 3-4% above MSRP and as I remember it, there is no smoking section in front, but they do have a club you can join in the back that has a smoking area.

Further down south ask FetterJohn for the local cigar shops.

Down in San Diego there are a couple of shops, mainly in the Gas Lamp district, I would stay away from Cesars, as the humidor was like 80-85 degrees and a bunch of there stick were already starting to crack. In addition the supply was piss poor. Another one on the same street as Cesars is called The Cuban Cigar Factory has an awesome humidor with basically everything you could as for in a shop.

symyn said:
In the Westwood/Century City area there is a great store in Wally's where they have everything but Padron, and from what I read about you, you are a padron whore, you might want to skip it <3
[snapback]214187[/snapback]​

Yeah, so!!! :p :whistling: :whistling:

Thanks for the GREAT info! :thumbs:

For San Diego, I recomend Liberty. Also, Smokers Outlet. They are both in Clairmonet area. Smokers Outlet has the bigest selection. You will Find Opus, Padron Anv. in both locations. Both Charlie and Tom know their stuff and prices are not crazy as Gas Lamp prices. If you are going down town or to old town you will pay tourist prices. Lastly there is shop is Seaport Village as well that I like that looks over the harbor.

Better yet, drive another 1/2 hour and go to TJ and go to the LCDH store for ISOM's. Great guys there and No they do not sell fakes. You can bring few sticks back as well with no issues as I always do. Prices are 20% higher over the MSRP. Also, stores down town will offer you some ISOMs for $25 to $40 a stick. :laugh:

In Orange County on Chapman there is Club Havana. They have a real nice selection and you can smoke there. It is kind of in a dumpy little shopping center. On the weekends they are open til 11pm.

Jeffro,

I live here...so don't buy anything in OC except from Tinder Box in South Coast Plaza or a little (big) place in Costa Mesa called Hi Times Liquor. Both have the best prices of anywhere in the state of Cali. I know...been to every shop in my wide sales territory. The best place to sit and smoke though is at Dana Point cigar shop in Dana Point. They have the biggest selection in their huge humidor that I EVER seen...no kidding. Outdoor couches to smoke on...always people around to join you. Buy one or two...but they aren't the cheapest. Let me know if you will be in south OC and I'll meet up with you for a smoke.

-Fetter

PS - What King Rat said about Liberty Tobacco is correct...is just went there yesterday. Great prices...never over MSRP, and a great place to sit and smoke.

Go by Ahhhnolds Restaurant (Schatzi's) on Main in Santa Monica and pick up
a smoke next door and enjoy the extremely Cigar Friendly outdoor Patio/Fire Pit/Garden area...Look for the H-2 out back to see if AS is there.
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dine/Schatzi.shtml

PM me and I can meet you there with some REALLY GOOD smokes! :cool:
Cheers!

Cigar Grotto in here in Oceanside is nice.
Great selection in a really nice humidor.

The address is- 220 N. Coast Highway
Phone is - (760) 722-1602

Worth stopping by on your way from Orange County down to San Diego.