• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Space Geeks

I tried to take a video with my phone, but it didn't turn out very well at all. I finally had the (surprise) opportunity to see Starlink tonight whilst out walking the dog. Verbasswood!

You can differentiate it from other satellites (or all the damn space junk)? What's it like seeing it from the ground? Oh, or were you in the air?

I tried to take a video with my phone, but it didn't turn out very well at all. I finally had the (surprise) opportunity to see Starlink tonight whilst out walking the dog. Very cool!
We will never be able to leave earth with so much kinetic junk flying around.

We will never be able to leave earth with so much kinetic junk flying around.

And.. most of us earthlings don't really, truly, have an idea on just how massive the problem is. Remember the movie Gravity? And the debris field that takes out the ISS? Neal deGrasse Tyson was talking about some of the things that were fictional in it, and he said the debris field you see in the movie will literally be a hundred times larger within 5 years at our current pace.

That movie came out almost 10 years ago.. the space junk is now estimated to double in size every 2 years. As more countries start hurtling shit up there, the more catastrophic the outcome will be. First our lands.. then our forests/rainforests... then our lakes and oceans... and now space... destroying it all, when we're not busy destroying each other that is..

Wtf is wrong with us?? 😮‍💨😕🤦‍♂️

This is great article to talk about with your kids. Topic: Details MATTER!!! You guys can read the article but the 2 cent tour is this company launched a rocket with the hope of manf drugs in space and then returning to earth and testing those drugs. Launch went great, but when it was time to come home the realized someone forgot to request a license to re-land.... So now the FAA is saying screw you, you can't land that back on earth...

Was surprised you weren't all over this Chad (@CBoukal)! The Osiris Rex space capsule will be landing in Utah around 10a EST time this morning. We launched it 7 years ago where it landed on an asteroid, and a "robot" collected samples believed to be 4.5 BIllion years old and carrying matter that helped begin the creation of earth.

It's truly remarkable what they've done here. If anyone is not familiar, NASA's site has great info and will be broadcasting it live:

I can't wait to watch it from my owner's box at Lambeau Field during the game today.

Tonight India is going to try and launch a rocket that is made to carry humans. Once it launches they'll trigger the emergency system that will take the humans away from the rocket and land them safely. No humans will be on board during the test
Live Stream:
Link to information: https://everydayastronaut.com/gaganyaan-in-flight-abort-demo-tv-d1/

Hey Chad.. if you're not already.. can I invite you (and anyone else interested) to join our James Webb Space Telescope fb group (it's private):

Really cool stuff!

There are a lot of launches every week anymore, I hate to say it but they have become "routine". If everything goes according to play, SpaceX will launch 3 rockets, each 5 hours apart...

SpaceX is going to try the second attempt to launch their starship. That's the one they launched, then belly flopped back to earth. Then lit the engines again to turn it pointy side up and land it. (exploded at least one). Well their first attempt to enter orbit failed a great fail. But they expected it to fail. At the time of launch, they had already made 100's of design changes that were not implemented on that rocket. So really that was Elon's way to disposing of an outdated rocket I suppose..

This time hopefully it'll be different. They are NOT testing the ability to recover stage one. That will crash into the Gulf. Eventually as they get further into testing, they plan to "catch" the state one rocket.

They timing of the launch is very fluid, but as it sits right now they are shooting for 7am CST Friday 11-17. The link to watch directly through SpaceX will be on their Twitter page, but you can watch the guy I watch at the link below

Link for more info:

Link to watch:

There are a lot of launches every week anymore, I hate to say it but they have become "routine". If everything goes according to play, SpaceX will launch 3 rockets, each 5 hours apart...

SpaceX is going to try the second attempt to launch their starship. That's the one they launched, then belly flopped back to earth. Then lit the engines again to turn it pointy side up and land it. (exploded at least one). Well their first attempt to enter orbit failed a great fail. But they expected it to fail. At the time of launch, they had already made 100's of design changes that were not implemented on that rocket. So really that was Elon's way to disposing of an outdated rocket I suppose..

This time hopefully it'll be different. They are NOT testing the ability to recover stage one. That will crash into the Gulf. Eventually as they get further into testing, they plan to "catch" the state one rocket.

They timing of the launch is very fluid, but as it sits right now they are shooting for 7am CST Friday 11-17. The link to watch directly through SpaceX will be on their Twitter page, but you can watch the guy I watch at the link below

Link for more info:

Link to watch:
Pushed back to Saturday 7am CST now

I will definitely keep my eye on this post. I have always loved rockets. Not a geek, but have always enjoyed making and launching them.

Thursday 3/14 @ 7am CST they are going to attempt to launch the SpaceX StarShip/Super Heavy for the third time

Details about the launch:

Official live Stream

Everyday Astronaut's live stream with more commentary

They are still trying to launch today. Its slightly delayed.
Shooting for 8:35 CST this am.

Hate they lost it on re-entry, but it sounds like it got alot farther than they even expected
100% Their goal was to achieve Orbit and they certainly did that! I know I'm a geek, but its so interesting to hear about the changes he had to make and what they have to consider when launching this.

100% Their goal was to achieve Orbit and they certainly did that! I know I'm a geek, but its so interesting to hear about the changes he had to make and what they have to consider when launching this.
I was losing it listening to the crowd in the background. The camera would flicker back on and right before that you'd here 'OHH?........AHHHHHHHHHHHHH..awwww' lol. It was quite an emotional rollercoaster for them.